Alex Mitchell

Lionsteele

Lincoln are unbeaten in 12 games. Only conceded 4 goals in that time with 7 clean sheets!

I’ll be absolutely amazed if he doesn’t get given a good chance next season what ever league we are in. Plenty of experience there now and his next step up is in the championship if they’re flying in league one.

Classic old school 6ft 3 CB, got Harris all over it!

Lincoln are unbeaten in 12 games. Only conceded 4 goals in that time with 7 clean sheets!

I’ll be absolutely amazed if he doesn’t get given a good chance next season what ever league we are in. Plenty of experience there now and his next step up is in the championship if they’re flying in league one.

Classic old school 6ft 3 CB, got Harris all over it!
As bad as relegation would be, we are in good shape to cope with it.
Several youngsters like Mitchell would be able to get a lot of minutes in Div 3, players out of contract and high earners would be snapped up by other clubs, I'm not sure we would be lumbered with anyone we didn't want or couldn't afford.
We also need Okoli to be stepping up next season if he is going to be good enough for us but then we have to let Wallace & Hutchinson go to make room for them.

As bad as relegation would be, we are in good shape to cope with it.
Several youngsters like Mitchell would be able to get a lot of minutes in Div 3, players out of contract and high earners would be snapped up by other clubs, I'm not sure we would be lumbered with anyone we didn't want or couldn't afford.
We also need Okoli to be stepping up next season if he is going to be good enough for us but then we have to let Wallace & Hutchinson go to make room for them.
An enormous jump from development and lower/non league football.

I wouldn’t be so sure with that strategy we would do as well as you think.

Have to stay up at all costs and regroup in the summer.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t be so sure with that strategy we would do as well as you think.

BNC was at Lincoln a couple of seasons ago? Got a lot of mates go to Lincoln and not heard a bad word about Mitchell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lincoln beat Barnsley 5-1 away yesterday and they have play off ambitions.
Maybe they are as deluded as our train loving neighbours.

I wouldn’t be so sure with that strategy we would do us well as you think.

A big jump from Lincoln to the Championship , if these kids are going to be good enough for us then they have to be good enough for a Div 3 squad or we need to get them off the wage bill.
I don't think we are going down but I do feel we are equipped to cope with it because of the youngsters coming through.