Aldo’s recruitment

Lionsteele

Aldo’s recruitment 23/24, was it really that bad? I am not so sure, for me anyway, given the financial restrictions within the club..

Good perm signings:
Casper De Norre
Sarkic

Good loans:
Tanganga
Longman
Obafemi

Jury is still out:
Nisbet - looks a decent goalscorer but always injured

Harding (I think for a free he was ok, but probably a level below what we need. Chipped in with a few vital goals.

Bryan (good player but on a chunk of money & always seems to get injured).

Mayor - not seen enough of him to know

Poor signings:
Allan Campbell

Edwards: Looking back now, very poor. If he had changed to a back 4 as numerous people said at the time I think he would have seen some results. Maybe this was the deciding factor & opposed to the players

Aldridge was Director of Football Operations and I’m led to believe Rowett was not happy reporting to him and with some of the signings he wanted and missed out on. Possibly Edwards too, from some of his comments. Got the sack very quickly at Stoke!

Aldridge was Director of Football Operations and I’m led to believe Rowett was not happy reporting to him and with some of the signings he wanted and missed out on. Possibly Edwards too, from some of his comments. Got the sack very quickly at Stoke!

I can't imagine that Harris could have been happy working for someone whose football background is being a journo at SLP. Having said that, Aldo's signings have been pretty good on the whole (with the exception of Edwards). I reckon that is what did for him.

Aldo took a lot of unwarranted flack and blame for things that he had nothing to do with. At the same time the decent signings he was involved in were attributed to anyone but Aldo.