End of season Awards din dins.

Stowwall

Players seemed to be having a whale of a time.
Good on ' em , well deserved after the effort since NH came back.
Icing on the cake , tonk Swansea.
COYL

I was there and it was a very enjoyable evening. I did ask NH about next season and he said he would definitely be the coach but it would only be for one year. I also spoke to Bart, Adam Barrett and briefly to Obafemi, Emakhu and Rab. Longman’s goal against Leicester was voted goal of the season and he was asked about his situation for next season. He was coy but did say that he enjoyed being part of the squad but didn’t really give a direct answer about whether he would be signing for us. Lenny won the Junior Lions award, the players player of the year and the fans player of the season. I spoke briefly to him to offer my congratulations and hoped he would stay fit next season. I offered thanks to Bart for five good seasons and how much the fans appreciated his loyalty and contribution to the team effort.
Everybody left with a smile on their face and a spring in their step.

Bomber will only be the Coach for one year? That’s a bit of a worry. Surely we’ll extend his stay he is the perfect fit for us.
He can hardly say anything else as he has 1 year to run on his contract.
For a 2nd time he has put the club in a position where he isn't taking more from them than his wage.
My guess is at some stage during next season he will sign another contract or leave at a suitable time when his replacement is ready to step in.

I was there and it was a very enjoyable evening. I did ask NH about next season and he said he would definitely be the coach but it would only be for one year. I also spoke to Bart, Adam Barrett and briefly to Obafemi, Emakhu and Rab. Longman’s goal against Leicester was voted goal of the season and he was asked about his situation for next season. He was coy but did say that he enjoyed being part of the squad but didn’t really give a direct answer about whether he would be signing for us. Lenny won the Junior Lions award, the players player of the year and the fans player of the season. I spoke briefly to him to offer my congratulations and hoped he would stay fit next season. I offered thanks to Bart for five good seasons and how much the fans appreciated his loyalty and contribution to the team effort.

Great reporting @silverlion. I suspected as much from the way Harris has been talking about his future. I would say that nobody gets this club like he does and if we have even a half-decent season then we'd be mad not to extend his contract. You can say what you like about Neil Harris but his love and loyalty to Millwall is equal to anyone of us, if not more. He saved us from certain relegation and has become an even bigger legend than he was before, something I didn't think was possible. As far as I'm concerned he should have a job for life at this football club in any capacity.

Great reporting @silverlion. I suspected as much from the way Harris has been talking about his future. I would say that nobody gets this club like he does and if we have even a half-decent season then we'd be mad not to extend his contract. You can say what you like about Neil Harris but his love and loyalty to Millwall is equal to anyone of us, if not more. He saved us from certain relegation and has become an even bigger legend than he was before, something I didn't think was possible. As far as I'm concerned he should have a job for life at this football club in any capacity.
Couldn’t agree more. He has never taken a penny he hasn’t earned out of this club.

He has to stay in the club now if not as manager(head coach we call it now??) in any capacity.

Because of his love for the club, my guess is NH will want to get the recruitment sorted, and get the club competing at least mid table next season. Probably help with the replacement process then leave as head coach on a high at the end of his contract.

What he has done recently has put the unsavoury end to his last stint firmly in a box and buried as far as most supporters are concerned. That way he can get get out with his reputation at the club firmly intact before the social media warriors get ugly if things start to get a bit messy. Which they will.

From recent interviews, he has made it clear it will only be for the next year. Maybe they have him lined up for a long stint as director of football after a replacement is installed- which these days, is a big deal at clubs. And as people say, NH knows how the club ticks and the type of players to entice to the club. It's a full on job and those who are good at it are very sought after.

On the other hand, I might just be talking out of my arse and have just typed a load of conspiracy theory nonsense.
:whist: :grinning:

Because of his love for the club, my guess is NH will want to get the recruitment sorted, and get the club competing at least mid table next season. Probably help with the replacement process then leave as head coach on a high at the end of his contract.

What he has done recently has put the unsavoury end to his last stint firmly in a box and buried as far as most supporters are concerned. That way he can get get out with his reputation at the club firmly intact before the social media warriors get ugly if things start to get a bit messy. Which they will.

From recent interviews, he has made it clear it will only be for the next year. Maybe they have him lined up for a long stint as director of football after a replacement is installed- which these days, is a big deal at clubs. And as people say, NH knows how the club ticks and the type of players to entice to the club. It's a full on job and those who are good at it are very sought after.

On the other hand, I might just be talking out of my arse and have just typed a load of conspiracy theory nonsense.
Your conspiracy theory sounds about right to me(then again conspiracy theories usually are plausible:thumbup:). He keeps the option to walk if things go badly and nobody can accuse him of running away as he only ever committed to the end of next season. However, if things go well, it's hard to see him going. He's surely too young to retire and he loves the club, where else would he want to be if he has a decent season at Millwall? It would also strengthen his hand in negotiating a deal if the club wants him to stay and who could blame him for wanting to get a decent deal for himself?

Did anyone pull

You can slag me off now, and then apologise if it happens, but I am becoming more persuaded that Steve Morison will be our next manager.

Note: I do not say I'm advocating this move, nor do I say that it is a bad idea.
I'm simply saying that I'm becoming more convinced this is what is going to happen.

OK, tin hat is in position. Fire away.

You can slag me off now, and then apologise if it happens, but I am becoming more persuaded that Steve Morison will be our next manager.

Note: I do not say I'm advocating this move, nor do I say that it is a bad idea.
I'm simply saying that I'm becoming more convinced this is what is going to happen.

What convinces you that this is going to happen? Surely the club have had their fingers burnt with the Joe Edwards appointment to be employing another inexperienced manager.

I think it’s a distinct possibility, especially if NH is moved ‘upstairs’ into some sort of head of football position.

Please God NO

Morison as a footballer was a good fit for Millwall. Morison as a manager, so far, hasn't really been a good fit anywhere. I tend to agree with 'Old Ned', who seems to be talking with a sensible, Old Head...Just my opinion, of course.

😁

What convinces you that this is going to happen? Surely the club have had their fingers burnt with the Joe Edwards appointment to be employing another inexperienced manager.
Let’s just say I have a feeling in my water. ;) :grinning:

There's a video on the club website of the dinner. It was hosted by the giant homosexual Mark Clemmitt. There's a great bit where all the players are singing TANGANGA to the tune of the Proclaimers song 500 miles.

There's a video on the club website of the dinner. It was hosted by the giant homosexual Mark Clemmitt. There's a great bit where all the players are singing TANGANGA to the tune of the Proclaimers song 500 miles.
Apparently, it is something that started in the dressing room after the Birmingham home game, when, if you remember, Tanganga scored a last minute winner.