Harris on Casper

With Mitchell's game improving we seem to have 3 CM's that can play well together regardless of who is missing out. Then we have Honeyman and Leonard that can do well there if called upon, unless De Norre wants to leave it's a position already sorted for next season.

Saville is aging, I'm sure we'll see more of Casper next year. But understand his frustration... Was playing decent level football, with European football at times.

Plus, this season I think has given De Norre time to adapt to the league without much pressure on him to deliver.

The player with the most ability to create chances. He isn’t wrong.

De Norre has one assist in 1922 minutes played.
Mitchell has two assists in 2134 minutes played.

De Norre is a good player, and his workrate is up there with Mitchell. It's also perhaps a bit unfair to measure him solely by his assists, because our strikers haven't been scoring much this season.

I think that what these stats show, if anything, is how good a player Mitchell is. If his name was De Mitchellini perhaps people would view him more favourably.

De Norre is a good player, and his workrate is up there with Mitchell. It's also perhaps a bit unfair to measure him solely by his assists, because our strikers haven't been scoring much this season.

I think that what these stats show, if anything, is how good a player Mitchell is. If his name was De Mitchellini perhaps people would view him more favourably.
Yes just a bit 😆

If you watch the Plymouth highlights you will notice De Norre putting in 2 crosses in the 2nd half, not only does it show him getting into a good attacking position but the intelligence and ability of what he does when he gets the ball, they were both low near post crosses which Bradshaw and Watmore could run onto. Mitchell still needs to add that to his game, it's not knocking Mitchell, just the main difference between the 2 for me.
Saville is aging, I'm sure we'll see more of Casper next year. But understand his frustration... Was playing decent level football, with European football at times.

Plus, this season I think has given De Norre time to adapt to the league without much pressure on him to deliver.
Saville is 31 in a few weeks, hardly coming to the end of his career, especially these days with way players are looked after.
It's not as though he relies on pace and acceleration that can be lost at that age, Livermore described him as a middle distance runner a while ago and that would mean he has a couple more seasons in him at this level.

If you watch the Plymouth highlights you will notice De Norre putting in 2 crosses in the 2nd half, not only does it show him getting into a good attacking position but the intelligence and ability of what he does when he gets the ball, they were both low near post crosses which Bradshaw and Watmore could run onto. Mitchell still needs to add that to his game, it's not knocking Mitchell, just the main difference between the 2 for me.

Saville is 31 in a few weeks, hardly coming to the end of his career, especially these days with way players are looked after.
It's not as though he relies on pace and acceleration that can be lost at that age, Livermore described him as a middle distance runner a while ago and that would mean he has a couple more seasons in him at this level.
In the Plymouth game De Norre played, at least, 4 quality passes that created decent opportunities. I can’t think of a single player within the squad who has done that is a single game. He also linked play better than anyone else this season.

Although De Norre got MOTM, I would have given that to Leonard.

Like many I think Saville’s “legs are going” but he was a close 3rd behind Lenny and Casper. His influence on the team is immeasurable and I think that should continue next season, hopefully, when he is made Captain🤔

In the Plymouth game De Norre played, at least, 4 quality passes that created decent opportunities. I can’t think of a single player within the squad who has done that is a single game. He also linked play better than anyone else this season.

Like many I think Saville’s “legs are going” but he was a close 3rd behind Lenny and Casper. His influence on the team is immeasurable and I think that should continue next season, hopefully, when he is made Captain🤔
If Saville's legs are going then he won't start or play 90 minutes that often next season, with the data they collect from training and playing it will be obvious to everyone involved that he can no longer do the job.

You can tell just by watching him that he’s a class player and should be judged on a lot more than how many assists he gets

However no one sees the same mistakes De Norre has in his game that they criticise Mitchell for, the last three games De Norre has played he has lost the ball to the oppo in his own half leaving our players out of position and better teams would have punished us.

Good player yes but he has his faults the same as Mitchell does.

That's a fair point. I rate him and he still does probably have a good couple years left in him at Championship level.

But do you not think Sav's game has changed? Especially when you compare it to the season he hit 10 goals from midfield. I'm guessing he has either realised he cannot do what his body was able to do back then, compared to now... OR he has just altered his game to better suit his ability.

CM is the reason Leonard gets injured so much and similar age to Saville.

If Saville's legs are going then he won't start or play 90 minutes that often next season, with the data they collect from training and playing it will be obvious to everyone involved that he can no longer do the job.
George is 2 years younger than Leonard. Just saying!

However no one sees the same mistakes De Norre has in his game that they criticise Mitchell for, the last three games De Norre has played he has lost the ball to the oppo in his own half leaving our players out of position and better teams would have punished us.

Good player yes but he has his faults the same as Mitchell does.
Just to ensure I was judging everyone with the same yardstick, I kept a close eye on De Norre getting caught in possession in his own half v Plymouth. I counted once (after 12 minutes - hope you are impressed;)) when Lenny played him a less than perfect pass but Casper should not have dwelt on it and used it better👎

If he has the same faults as Billy but links the play better and is more creative are you saying he should be picked in preference? :hmmm:

That's a fair point. I rate him and he still does probably have a good couple years left in him at Championship level.

But do you not think Sav's game has changed? Especially when you compare it to the season he hit 10 goals from midfield. I'm guessing he has either realised he cannot do what his body was able to do back then, compared to now... OR he has just altered his game to better suit his ability.

CM is the reason Leonard gets injured so much and similar age to Saville.
I think it's all down to tactics, Rowett, Edwards and now Harris always had the 2 CM holding back, only when we are sure of possession do they tend to venture further forward.
I say this because when Saville isn't on the pitch, the CM's behave the same way, perhaps last Saturday one of them was given more freedom as De Norre found himself further forward on a few occasions but it is something I found frustrating to watch when we had 3 CB's.
It could be why Leonard has has had a decent run without injury.

In my opinion, Savs can most definitely by a first teamer, and should start every game. Talk of "legs gone" at 31 i just find ridiculous.

As for De Nore, i think he can play a similar role to Flemming, and if he does go then try De Nore as his replacement.

Pointing out his faults i find strange, if we had any player that didnt have faults, then they would be playing in the top six in the Prem.

Just to ensure I was judging everyone with the same yardstick, I kept a close eye on De Norre getting caught in possession in his own half v Plymouth. I counted once (after 12 minutes - hope you are impressed;)) when Lenny played him a less than perfect pass but Casper should not have dwelt on it and used it better👎

If he has the same faults as Billy but links the play better and is more creative are you saying he should be picked in preference? :hmmm:
You think Billy is a league 1 player of are you prepared to admit you spoke in haste.

You think Billy is a league 1 player of are you prepared to admit you spoke in haste.
I said only time will tell if Billy is a Championship player and now isn’t the time.

If he is playing regularly in the 2025/26 Championship I will put my hand up and admit I am wrong.

At this point in time my opinion hasn’t changed. Sorry 😔