I have had a idea

Overseaswall

The parachute payments are obviously completely unfair and completely uneven playing field what if what ever teams relegated from the prem who go back up within the 3 years worth of payments, the premier league give the left over money to split with the football league, if Leeds,Southampton and Leicester all go up that would be around £180m spread over the rest if the football league

The parachute payments are obviously completely unfair and completely uneven playing field what if what ever teams relegated from the prem who go back up within the 3 years worth of payments, the premier league give the left over money to split with the football league, if Leeds,Southampton and Leicester all go up that would be around £180m spread over the rest if the football league
I just saw a pig fly past my window, so I guess your idea might happen.

I've heard the Premiership want to break away from the football league... if true, they'll keep all that money for themselves.

I've heard the Premiership want to break away from the football league... if true, they'll keep all that money for themselves.
I actually would not give a shite if they did. They have completely destroyed the chance to be competitive. In the old days a team who went up to the top flight could hope to finish mid table now there is no chance then when you get relegated you run the risk of going to the wall. Would much prefer we and the lower leagues do our own tv deal and cup competitions (which the big time Charlie’s don’t really care about anyway) and make the pyramid fairer and sustainable.

I actually would not give a shite if they did. They have completely destroyed the chance to be competitive. In the old days a team who went up to the top flight could hope to finish mid table now there is no chance then when you get relegated you run the risk of going to the wall. Would much prefer we and the lower leagues do our own tv deal and cup competitions (which the big time Charlie’s don’t really care about anyway) and make the pyramid fairer and sustainable.
I not bothered either way... but if they want to break away... then go! BUT, we need to make sure that as we would now be different leagues/companies etc then there must be a clause in the system that says they are NOT allowed to poach/cherry pick players from OUR system and vice versa.