Next season’s squad and expectations

There is a player called Charlie Lakin who would surely be worth a punt. He has been on loan at Sutton from Burton Albion this season.
I have it on very good authority that he is exactly the sort of player who would improve us and would not cost a fortune.
Hopefully, Morison has already called NH to tip him off.

Livermore still getting stick 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know if he’s good or bad, does any of us and have proof?

I do know he came through the Arsenal youth system, that I imagine is as good as any, and benefited from better coaching than any of our coaching staff. If that’s the case possibly he’s better equipped to bring on our youngsters than anyone else at the club 🤔
Livermore is very highly regarded by other managers and coaches, as well as by players. People on here seem to remember his playing ability and relate that directly to his coaching ability

Livermore is very highly regarded by other managers and coaches, as well as by players. People on here seem to remember his playing ability and relate that directly to his coaching ability
Not the greatest player but tenacious, had a sweet left foot and never let the team or fans down.

I remember him executing a clinical 1v1 finish away at Oxford with aplomb 👍

Much underrated as a player as well😔

There is a player called Charlie Lakin who would surely be worth a punt. He has been on loan at Sutton from Burton Albion this season.
I have it on very good authority that he is exactly the sort of player who would improve us and would not cost a fortune.
Hopefully, Morison has already called NH to tip him off.
Not good enough for Burton this season but good enough for us next 🤔

Not sure :shake:

Seems as if NH is sticking around next season (which i think he's earned) so will be good to have a clear plan in terms of recruitment in the summer.

In a perfect world we'd get Obafemi, BNC & Tango signed up & some of the older players moved on but can't see it myself sadly.

Think anywhere mid table next year would be a good finish and think NH can get us there quite easily, Just hope we build the team around Esse,Casper & Flemming (if he stays with us )think those 3 could really push us up the league.

Signings wise i don't have a clue on who we should be going for (find myself watching less and less football to even know whos any good or not)

San Jose Earthquakes have shown interest in Flemming apparently.
That should test his resolve about wanting to play at a higher level.
Surely far to young to saunter off over the pond.
Or is he.
I still hope he gives us more time.

Last edited:
Might be worth having a look at the young player doing well in League 2 this season. Only 24 so still tme to progress further.
Strong, quick and has scored 20 goals this year.
Olaofe his name is.
A bit older then 24but Macaulay Longstaff at Notts County might be worth a cheeky bid.

San Jose Earthquakes have shown interest in Flemming apparently.
That should test his resolve about wanting to play at a higher level.
Surely far to young to saunter off over the pond.
Or is he.
I still hope he gives us more time.
Would be a step backwards going over there. I think he'll need to repeat his first season with us again before any serious bidders come in for him.

Bodvarrson been scoring for Bolton
Bolton have scored 83 goals this season. Bod got 4 of them from 36 starts. One of those goals was the equaliser against the Anoraks in a 3-3 draw. He came on as sub and pissed on there chips after they lead 3-2 :grinning:

Seems as if NH is sticking around next season (which i think he's earned) so will be good to have a clear plan in terms of recruitment in the summer.

In a perfect world we'd get Obafemi, BNC & Tango signed up & some of the older players moved on but can't see it myself sadly.

Think anywhere mid table next year would be a good finish and think NH can get us there quite easily, Just hope we build the team around Esse,Casper & Flemming (if he stays with us )think those 3 could really push us up the league.

Signings wise i don't have a clue on who we should be going for (find myself watching less and less football to even know whos any good or not)
Think Obafemi, BNC and Tang have all been good loans but don't know whether we'll see them again either as permanent signing - less likely - or loan.

Not sure NH rates BNC as much as GR or Edwards did and feel he has been less effective as the season has gone on. Obafemi was immense against Leicester and Cardiff and has got better as his fitness has improved. Whether he's prolific enough as a goalscorer to justify a fee is open to debate.

Tang - along with Longman - has been the pick of the bunch for me but is a bit of an enigma. He's prospered under NH when it appeared he would be more suited to Edwards' style of play. Reads the game well and can be useful in the oppo's box but some posters - mainly Purley - critical of his defending crosses when the ball is in the air. Noticed in person at the Cardiff game and from highlights of Sunderland that he looks to mark space and preventing the opposing player from getting to the ball rather than challenging in the air. Works OK some of the time but, when the other player is a big, strong lump, he gets outmuscled and not able to prevent them having a freeish header.