Steve Kavanagh

I have been critical of Kavanagh in the past, and I stand by it. I didn't like his statements about us booing the kneeling bollocks, stating it was causing 'extensive damage' to the club and that staff members were understandably angry and upset about it. Well I was angry about all this political shit being brought into my football club, and have every right to boo it if I don't like it, so Kavanagh can fuck off.
I also hold him ultimately responsible for the introduction of microphones, increase in cameras and ridiculous signs being put up everywhere; if not his doing or within his power to veto then I accept I am mistakenly apportioning blame for this, but I assume he is top of the tree in decision making for such matters.
Maybe he isn't doing anything that any other chief exec wouldn't do, and I'm sure he does do some good for the club in other areas. But I certainly don't feel any fondness for the bloke.

I have been critical of Kavanagh in the past, and I stand by it. I didn't like his statements about us booing the kneeling bollocks, stating it was causing 'extensive damage' to the club and that staff members were understandably angry and upset about it. Well I was angry about all this political shit being brought into my football club, and have every right to boo it if I don't like it, so Kavanagh can fuck off.
I also hold him ultimately responsible for the introduction of microphones, increase in cameras and ridiculous signs being put up everywhere; if not his doing or within his power to veto then I accept I am mistakenly apportioning blame for this, but I assume he is top of the tree in decision making for such matters.
Maybe he isn't doing anything that any other chief exec wouldn't do, and I'm sure he does do some good for the club in other areas. But I certainly don't feel any fondness for the bloke.

I think every single club in the country, certainly at our level, will have the cameras and microphones. Unfortunately it’s just how football is these days. We have to cover ourselves in the event of any incidents, just as all clubs at our level would.

Yeah a couple of his comments around the time of the knee taking weren’t great but I think all the good he does far outweighs that.

This is one of the most successful periods in the clubs history. I think this is the longest we’ve ever spent continuously at this level? The youth teams are thriving. The crowds are the best we’ve had since the 1950’s. The community stuff is still winning awards and now used as a model for other clubs. How we acknowledge our armed services and the work we do for veterans charities. The handling of JB’s untimely passing. I could go on. We are such a good club both on and off the pitch these days and run so well from top to bottom. And all this has happened on his watch.

So yes, I can forgive him for a couple of misguided comments regarding the poxy knee, in return for all that.

We’ve had some real fucking idiots running our club in the past. God forbid we ever go back to those days .

I think every single club in the country, certainly at our level, will have the cameras and microphones. Unfortunately it’s just how football is these days. We have to cover ourselves in the event of any incidents, just as all clubs at our level would.

Yeah a couple of his comments around the time of the knee taking weren’t great but I think all the good he does far outweighs that.

This is one of the most successful periods in the clubs history. I think this is the longest we’ve ever spent continuously at this level? The youth teams are thriving. The crowds are the best we’ve had since the 1950’s. The community stuff is still winning awards and now used as a model for other clubs. How we acknowledge our armed services and the work we do for veterans charities. The handling of JB’s untimely passing. I could go on. We are such a good club both on and off the pitch these days and run so well from top to bottom. And all this has happened on his watch.

So yes, I can forgive him for a couple of misguided comments regarding the poxy knee, in return for all that.

We’ve had some real fucking idiots running our club in the past. God forbid we ever go back to those days .
Yeah, a lot of what you say is fair enough, and you're probably right in that his acts are just a reflection of modern football. I accept that, and also that we have had worse.
I'm just putting examples as to why I have given him stick in the past as I'm not going to say I haven't.

It's no different on the other Wall forum. Kavanagh is a cunt, Aldo's a cunt etc etc. Aldo is responsible for all the shit players,,,,,,,,,,,,. I have pointed out that Kavanagh has overseen out longest run in this division for decades. He has overseen our gates go up by thousands and are better than 88/89 season. We have assets on the playing staff.

I've also pointed out the the extra camera's are fuck all to do with him. The notices about bad language the same. It'a club decision and called playing the game. The signs, notices, etc are the club showing the fa or whoever it is that they are doing there upmost to stop some of our fans being fucking idiots. The knee? What he's says is public is sometimes just to protect the club. Course you had a right to boo but at the fucking expense and peril of our club? No not for me. I stayed on the concourse or turned my back on it and spoke to my mates.

Well I was angry about all this political shit being brought into my football club, and have every right to boo it if I don't like it, so Kavanagh can fuck off.
You used your right to boo and Kavanagh used his right to defend his employer and our club by condemning it. He was hardly going to condone a few hundred fans that were obviously going to be labelled racist regardless of there beliefs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLF
It's no different on the other Wall forum. Kavanagh is a cunt, Aldo's a cunt etc etc. Aldo is responsible for all the shit players,,,,,,,,,,,,. I have pointed out that Kavanagh has overseen out longest run in this division for decades. He has overseen our gates go up by thousands and are better than 88/89 season. We have assets on the playing staff.

I've also pointed out the the extra camera's are fuck all to do with him. The notices about bad language the same. It'a club decision and called playing the game. The signs, notices, etc are the club showing the fa or whoever it is that they are doing there upmost to stop some of our fans being fucking idiots. The knee? What he's says is public is sometimes just to protect the club. Course you had a right to boo but at the fucking expense and peril of our club? No not for me. I stayed on the concourse or turned my back on it and spoke to my mates.

You used your right to boo and Kavanagh used his right to defend his employer and our club by condemning it. He was hardly going to condone a few hundred fans that were obviously going to be labelled racist regardless of there beliefs.
Yes Peckham, I take your points and there is validity to them, but I was simply giving an honest answer as to why I have given Kavanagh stick before, in answer to Lionsteele initially asking why people didn't like him.
I don't agree that booing was at the expense and peril of the club, I would argue that political exhibitions are at the detriment to the club. I don't think anyone in a democratic free country should have to put up with state or sporting association approved political gestures at a sports event and therefore any public disapproval towards such should not be criticised.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Kavanagh is public enemy number one, I am simply giving my reasons for my criticism of him in the past.

I take your points and there is validity to them, but I was simply giving an honest answer as to why I have given Kavanagh stick before,
Yes mate i understand and respect your stance mate and standing up for what you believe in. I'm older and a lot wiser nowadays mate. I;ve learnt to pick my battles and try and focus on and throw everything into the ones that i can win. The knee thing was not a damage free win. The booing did cause us problems and unwanted attention when we didn''t need it.

It has caused issues here and there and i've seen proper fall outs because of it. Example of how it can have a negative affect- my mates wife had a work mate call her a racist cause he follows us. She read about the booing. That's fucking outrageous mate but you can understand how easy it is to tar us.

Saying that, i will admit that had all of that happened 5/10 year ago i would have booing too. No fucking doubt about it.

And as it happens it didn't do the damage that was widely predicted, Such as- no black player will sign for us- Tell that to Afobe, Tanganja, N Cuffey, Harding, Esse, Emakhu, Obafemi, Bennett, Boateng,Topolloj , Addai,, Adom Makaili, Mckay, Smith, Walker, Akoli, Banguru Williams, Lawson . Abdulmalik, half our acadamy and Aiden O'brien*

Gates are up, families we bring, countless black parents with their kids, black women with their young boys/ kids and all sorts of hipsters, Ruperts and plumby couples that wouldn't come near our stadium if it was how the media still fucking lazily stereotype us.

We've been a multicultural club/ fanbase for decades. Remember our firm coming out of New street bout 20 year ago. The main OB looked at us bowling out and says- fuck me they've got more blacks than our lads firm :grinning:

He also wished some of us luck cause he obviously hated them. We had an eventful evening to say the least. Moody gaff and their lot a right handful most of the time.
I don't think anyone in a democratic free country should have to put up with state or sporting association approved political gestures at a sports event and therefore any public disapproval towards such should not be criticised.
Again mate i can only agree with the sentiment but we know what happens next regardless. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they wanted from us because at the time they can say this is why we do it- racism exists- job done. The wiser me wouldn't give them the chance of that cause if you just ignore them we've won cause it's fallen on deaf ears. Stick you fucking stereotypes up your hairy pipes- Advantage us.

I think Kavanagh was on a hiding to nothing. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be him at the time. I will defend him because during his tenure we've been a success on and off the pitch. This time last season we were in the top six and getting big crowds, We're a competitive and established championship club. If he'd due flack for shit that's happened under his watch then i feel it's only right that he also takes the credit when it's due.

I can tell you that he done some wonderful stuff and stood up to be counted when Mr Berylson passed away. They were good friends as well as colleagues. I have it on good authority that he and Rowett as it happens went way beyond the call of duty to pull our club and some of it's people through a very dark period.

He is top notch when our armed forces and veterans are concerned. He has a bit of clout too. I have never met him. I don't have to like him but i respect him for what he does in his working hours for our club. It really is a thankless task and he bats our corner well in the main.

The extra cameras and microphones are not ideal but how many times have accusations been made against us due to a player/manager mishearing something that's been said/chanted?
At least we can disprove some allegations, besides I'm sure most other clubs has these in place.

Yes mate i understand and respect your stance mate and standing up for what you believe in. I'm older and a lot wiser nowadays mate. I;ve learnt to pick my battles and try and focus on and throw everything into the ones that i can win. The knee thing was not a damage free win. The booing did cause us problems and unwanted attention when we didn''t need it.

It has caused issues here and there and i've seen proper fall outs because of it. Example of how it can have a negative affect- my mates wife had a work mate call her a racist cause he follows us. She read about the booing. That's fucking outrageous mate but you can understand how easy it is to tar us.

Saying that, i will admit that had all of that happened 5/10 year ago i would have booing too. No fucking doubt about it.

And as it happens it didn't do the damage that was widely predicted, Such as- no black player will sign for us- Tell that to Afobe, Tanganja, N Cuffey, Harding, Esse, Emakhu, Obafemi, Bennett, Boateng,Topolloj , Addai,, Adom Makaili, Mckay, Smith, Walker, Akoli, Banguru Williams, Lawson . Abdulmalik, half our acadamy and Aiden O'brien*

Gates are up, families we bring, countless black parents with their kids, black women with their young boys/ kids and all sorts of hipsters, Ruperts and plumby couples that wouldn't come near our stadium if it was how the media still fucking lazily stereotype us.

We've been a multicultural club/ fanbase for decades. Remember our firm coming out of New street bout 20 year ago. The main OB looked at us bowling out and says- fuck me they've got more blacks than our lads firm :grinning:

He also wished some of us luck cause he obviously hated them. We had an eventful evening to say the least. Moody gaff and their lot a right handful most of the time.

Again mate i can only agree with the sentiment but we know what happens next regardless. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they wanted from us because at the time they can say this is why we do it- racism exists- job done. The wiser me wouldn't give them the chance of that cause if you just ignore them we've won cause it's fallen on deaf ears. Stick you fucking stereotypes up your hairy pipes- Advantage us.

I think Kavanagh was on a hiding to nothing. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be him at the time. I will defend him because during his tenure we've been a success on and off the pitch. This time last season we were in the top six and getting big crowds, We're a competitive and established championship club. If he'd due flack for shit that's happened under his watch then i feel it's only right that he also takes the credit when it's due.

I can tell you that he done some wonderful stuff and stood up to be counted when Mr Berylson passed away. They were good friends as well as colleagues. I have it on good authority that he and Rowett as it happens went way beyond the call of duty to pull our club and some of it's people through a very dark period.

He is top notch when our armed forces and veterans are concerned. He has a bit of clout too. I have never met him. I don't have to like him but i respect him for what he does in his working hours for our club. It really is a thankless task and he bats our corner well in the main.
Obviously a lot of the press were negative when reporting about the booing; however what also should be remembered is that many supporters of other clubs actually respected us for standing up to the knee stuff; I remember at the time I had supporters of Chelsea, QPR, Spurs and even a Nigel say to me 'good on Millwall' regarding the negative reaction at the Den.

Actually, weirdly, I often find a lot of other teams supporters secretly rather like us for some reason or other (nothing to do with the knee or SK or anything like that, just a general observation). The strangest was towards the end of last season when 2 different Nigels I know both said on separate occasions that they would like to see Millwall come up to the prem. Really odd.

Members online