Simply

Was always going to be a gard season for us losing our chairman and rowett going and thinking what neil took over what was it it 1 point from 8 games or
something to in Neil's words galvanise the team and made us hard to beat was a massive effert from everyone,personally I would like to see the club give Neil a chance next season and back him financially

Well I've enjoyed watching us under NH a lot and I can't say that about GR. It was joyless stuff.
Thing is mate Rowetts brand worked with the players that he had at his disposal. He said that if we had a few more Jed Wallaces we'd play differently. Regardless of that we were 45 minutes away from the play offs last season and never in any danger of being relegated under him. I excepted his brand because it got results with players that all have their limitations. I can suffer that as long as we aren't getting turned over each week and cheaply. See Edwards for that. Pretty at times but pretty damaging too.

Have been thinking about Harris sticking around. It has been better on the eye but i'm wondering how much is that to do with him coming in to manage what were basically cup finals. Harris is a big game manager, loves a scalp and knows how to go about getting them. If the players could perform like that against the lesser teams and for most of a season we wouldn't be far off success.

Could he maintain that/ our current form for a season? Could the players maintain that? Can he get his players up for the bread and butter games? Perhaps he can. He's obviously more experienced now and i think it shows with his game plans, tactics, team selection and subs including the timing of them.

Thing is mate Rowetts brand worked with the players that he had at his disposal. He said that if we had a few more Jed Wallaces we'd play differently. Regardless of that we were 45 minutes away from the play offs last season and never in any danger of being relegated under him. I excepted his brand because it got results with players that all have their limitations. I can suffer that as long as we aren't getting turned over each week and cheaply. See Edwards for that. Pretty at times but pretty damaging too.

Have been thinking about Harris sticking around. It has been better on the eye but i'm wondering how much is that to do with him coming in to manage what were basically cup finals. Harris is a big game manager, loves a scalp and knows how to go about getting them. If the players could perform like that against the lesser teams and for most of a season we wouldn't be far off success.

Could he maintain that/ our current form for a season? Could the players maintain that? Can he get his players up for the bread and butter games? Perhaps he can. He's obviously more experienced now and i think it shows with his game plans, tactics, team selection and subs including the timing of them.
The game plan, tactics & substitutions were spot on today.
The masterpiece was switching Longman & Honeyman halfway through the first half simply nullifying any threat from Clarke and Styles.
Danny Mac had Dembele in his pocket all game so we were ok on that side anyway.

The game plan, tactics & substitutions were spot on today.
The masterpiece was switching Longman & Honeyman halfway through the first half simply nullifying any threat from Clarke and Styles.
Danny Mac had Dembele in his pocket all game so we were ok on that side anyway.

Yep... Also, thinking about what Peckham said above. Over 40,000 up there today. In many ways, probably another big game..

Fair points. And yes you get places by beating the low-level sides. Saw those Yorkshire defeats coming a mile off like many of us. Next season is hard to call. Harris has just seemed to inspire the players and bring out the ability and flair this side has. Interesting to see how the young lads will develop.

Who can do better when you have the budget lower than most of the division?
We keep improving the squad but the division just gets harder to compete with, if the only way we can do well is by being hard to beat what's the alternative, a young dynamic coach that wants us to outplay teams with wage bills we can only dream of?
Emakhu and Esse have the potential to bring a bit more pace and skill on the counter attack but patience is going to be needed with younger players.

Fair points. And yes you get places by beating the low-level sides. Saw those Yorkshire defeats coming a mile off like many of us. Next season is hard to call. Harris has just seemed to inspire the players and bring out the ability and flair this side has. Interesting to see how the young lads will develop.
Beating sides who are near the bottom of the table and are happy with a point against us has been our Achilles heel for several seasons now.

I agree with the gist of what your saying, but for the life of me I just don’t see anyone getting the club the way NH does. After the debacle of this season, I just don’t want him to go. Hopefully the powers that be can arrange something that keeps us all happy and keep Millwall the way we want it to be.

I agree with the gist of what your saying, but for the life of me I just don’t see anyone getting the club the way NH does. After the debacle of this season, I just don’t want him to go.
It's a tough one. I say that because i don't want it to end in tears for him or us. The fans turned on him at Luton. He also got both barrels in front of his wife and kid afterwaards. He didn't and doesn't deserve that. I'd hate it for him to be spat at and hounded out like Rhino was. I'd hate it for him to be humiliated like Rowett was ( in my opinion) I can't see how Harris can win unless he gets us into a play of spot cause that's what the noisy ones on social media and in the ground want.

The social media side of things carries a lot of clout. Facebook groups with five thousand fuckwits in an echo chamber calling for a managers head does have an affect on things. I believe that Rowett being shamefully cunted at Norwich played a part in his overall decision to leave. He got us and the club. He knew what we were about and done well so it's not impossible to find someone of Harris's ilk when it comes to understanding us. I'd say it's more important that the fans do what fans are supposed to and support the club rather than rip managers and players to shreds both in the ground and on social media.

As for Harris getting the club. I understand that but doesn't stop him from going on losing runs. Rowett took over from Harris when we were struggling and going backwards. Knowing or getting the club will only get a manager so far.

Nearly a quarter of a season. We are all in it together and that makes us stronger. Something the Chelsea bloke would not understand

Harris has saved the club in more ways than one. Relegation would have cost us a fortune. He should be given the chance to take us forward because we owe him. For now, this should be a lesson to the board and some of our supporters. We are what we are and there is nothing wrong with that.