Portsmouth nw

Was just about to start a thread. Pompey mate of mine just texted me. Proper club and people. Two good fixtures next season if it doesn't go Pete.

Never understood this modern day love in with them. Proper club etc....so are Boro, so what.
Anyone who went down there late seventies early eighties will understand that they should be hated on a WHU scale. Fuck them.
Yeah even Abba used to sing about what happened at the station, I think that's what they were singing about who knows 🤔

2 things I would have said. Similar stature as clubs and a mutual respect among the boys who ran the firms of both clubs. I get it.
Never understood this modern day love in with them. Proper club etc....so are Boro, so what.
Anyone who went down there late seventies early eighties will understand that they should be hated on a WHU scale. Fuck them.

I don't know about love in but there is mutual respect between us. As for their stunts i'm not sure we're in any position to cast stones.

I don't know about love in but there is mutual respect between us. As for their stunts i'm not sure we're in any position to cast stones.
Exactly bruv. Can think of a couple of times (you were probably nearby) when we rained down fire and brimstone on em. If you didn't you were in trouble deep! Had a good booze with a select handful of em deep into a Sunday morning but i can categorically say I wouldn't have "loved" anyone. This is someone who lived bang in the middle of vermiland most of my days. Needs a bit of thought and decorum.

2 things I would have said. Similar stature as clubs and a mutual respect among the boys who ran the firms of both clubs. I get it.

Bumped in to a load of their boys in the strippers pub at Vauxhall. There was half a dozen of us, all scrawny 17 and 18 year olds. Could hold our own against similar ilk but there was about 20 of them and all older 657 and a few even older dockers. They knew we was Millwall and could’ve ironed us right out but they gave us a pass and I even had a beer and a chat with a couple of their older lot.
They knew big Frank D as he was from down that way and told us to pass their regards on to him. Always had a bit of respect for them after that, albeit when we played that would go out the window.
They ended up kicking the shit out of a load of paddy’s in there who started with the IRA shit. Me and my lot just stood back and observed. They left the pub singing no surrender

Last edited:
View attachment 25756

Was anyone here at the Navigator? Good one it was.

Yes I was there, good day out that was. It was fairly even before the game but they got run up that long road past Fratton station afterwards. Me and my mate nearly got caught offside just before that, we got split up and was in front of everyone else then got clocked by the Pompey lot but thankfully the cavalry arrived in the nick of time, and what a cavalry it was.

They really were great days, our mob was a mixed bag of chaps from all backgrounds and ethnicities but all with one thing in common and no one got left behind. I wish we could go back and do it all again.

Yes I was there, good day out that was. It was fairly even before the game but they got run up that long road past Fratton station afterwards. Me and my mate nearly got caught offside just before that, we got split up and was in front of everyone else then got clocked by the Pompey lot but thankfully the cavalry arrived in the nick of time, and what a cavalry it was.

They really were great days, our mob was a mixed bag of chaps from all backgrounds and ethnicities but all with one thing in common and no one got left behind. I wish we could go back and do it all again.

That lot who got run after the game, fair play to them when one of there’s at the back got tripped and went down they all turned back to help their mate.

That lot who got run after the game, fair play to them when one of there’s at the back got tripped and went down they all turned back to help their mate.
On of our lots finest hour was with BW when we met them at Queens road. Talking roughly 2001/ 2002. I think you was with us mate. Way way outnumbered and Bobby says fuck it this will do and forward we went. We held our line well and sucker punched them eventually. It seemed like there was hundreds of them that day and anyone else would have got done.

One or two of their's might be getting an early morning knock as a Barnsley player copped a couple of whacks when they all legged it onto the pitch.