Matt Smith still knocking them in

Could have been very useful with a 2 up top. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view , not the way we've been set up last few seasons. Good to see him still delivering, along with Tanto.

Last edited:
Yes he did a good job while he was with us, Ideal for direct play.
Tanto is one we should consider bringing back, seems to have developed well and is still young, I think we have a buy back clause so would be within the club’s budget.

Yes he did a good job while he was with us, Ideal for direct play.
Tanto is one we should consider bringing back, seems to have developed well and is still young, I think we have a buy back clause so would be within the club’s budget.
We do have a buy back and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us trigger it this summer.

As for Tanto coming back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why? He's 24 now and has had one good season in the 4th division. He scored three times last season in the same division, why was that?

It’s ironic to see the esteem that Smith is held in by some people considering the derision that greeted his signing and the stick that was aimed at Harris at the time. ‘Fatt Smith’ was the hilarious nickname given to him by some on here.

In fact it was his signing that was used by Harris’ critics as one of many reasons to get rid of him, citing ‘dinosaur football’ and how outdated 4-4-2 was in the modern game only for the same people to spend the the next three years telling us that we need to play……4-4-2 with a big man up front. Nothing like a bit of hindsight eh?

It’s ironic to see the esteem that Smith is held in by some people considering the derision that greeted his signing and the stick that was aimed at Harris at the time. ‘Fatt Smith’ was the hilarious nickname given to him by some on here.

In fact it was his signing that was used by Harris’ critics as one of many reasons to get rid of him, citing ‘dinosaur football’ and how outdated 4-4-2 was in the modern game only for the same people to spend the the next three years telling us that we need to play……4-4-2 with a big man up front. Nothing like a bit of hindsight eh?
Certainly no hindsight here

As for Tanto coming back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why? He's 24 now and has had one good season in the 4th division. He scored three times last season in the same division, why was that?
He scores goals and we can afford him, he was only sold because his loan deal too Oxford Fell threw, we had too reduce the wage bill,it was reluctant sale hence the buy back clause. His first season was interrupted by injuries. He has kicked on this season and has 21 goals. To me it’s a no brainier to snap him up.

Not hindsight for me either, and I was never a Harris critic. I thought we moved him on to soon. But I guess Rowett wanted to bring in his old Derby players.

He scores goals
In the fourth tier.

he was only sold because his loan deal too Oxford Fell threw, we had too reduce the wage bill,it was reluctant sale hence the buy back clause.
And no doubt if we are struggling next season it'll be because we never resigned Olaffe. Yawn.

His first season was interrupted by injuries.
Three goals from 21 games!

To me it’s a no brainier to snap him up.
See what i said about struggling. Why hasn't he been snapped up by other clubs?

In the fourth tier.

And no doubt if we are struggling next season it'll be because we never resigned Olaffe. Yawn.

Three goals from 21 games!

See what i said about struggling. Why hasn't he been snapped up by other clubs?
I think there will be interest from other clubs. But as they have just won promotion to the 3 rd tier I am sure they will try to keep him. Just because his 1st interrupted season wasn’t that great. It takes nothing away from the here and now. The club cannot afford 10 m strikers.

I always thought that to get the absolute best out of Matt Smith we needed to play with a winger(s) that got right to the byline and would whip the ball back at pace for Smith to attack. It's something that used to be a common tactic bit I don't think you see it very much in the modern game - I'm not tactically astute enough to know the reasons why... But I think Smith would've been an absolute nightmare to play against with those tactics.