Top stat wankery

HappyLion

Having worked through every permutation & having too much time on my hands:

If wall lost all remaining games, the only way we can possibly get relegated is by having our goal difference getting worse by at least 10.

Having worked through every permutation & having too much time on my hands:

If wall lost all remaining games, the only way we can possibly get relegated is by having our goal difference getting worse by at least 10.
Because other teams have to play each other?

Huddersfield can still get 53
Birmingham can still get 54
But because they have to play each other they can still both get 51 and 52 respectively if it’s a draw.
Or if Huddersfield won that game they could still get 53 and 51
So we still need three points to be certain

But because they have to play each other they can still both 51 and 52 respectively

That's how I see it, although we could get away with 51 because of GD.

But because they have to play each other they can still both get 51 and 52 respectively if it’s a draw.
Sorry, two points

Because other teams have to play each other?
Indeed. The only team below us that are not playing another is QPR. However they have preston, leeds and coventry. Teams playing each other are:

Blackburn v Sheff wed
Plymouth v stoke
brum v huddersfield

If we did lose all 3 our goal difference would keep us up.

If all the teams below us (except Rotherham) won their remaning games, we could still go down with 50 points, I think. We could still go down with 51, given that losing our three games, and Brum winning theirs would alter the GD in their favour. However, it's obviously very unlikely indeed that this scenario would happen in real life.

Stoke 56
QPR 56
Blackburn 55
Plymouth 54
Huddersfield 53
Wednesday 53
Brum 51
Millwall 50
Rotherham (down already)

If all the teams below us (except Rotherham) won their remaning games, we could still go down with 50 points, I think. We could still go down with 51, given that losing our three games, and Brum winning theirs would alter the GD in their favour. However, it's obviously very unlikely indeed that this scenario would happen in real life.

Stoke 56
QPR 56
Blackburn 55
Plymouth 54
Huddersfield 53
Wednesday 53
Brum 51
Millwall 50
Rotherham (down already)
Well according to this we could still mathematically go down with 53 points :shrug:
But realistically with 52 :unsure: