Boring football

HappyLion

I keep hearing this. So GR was boring because we were defence based, Joe was boring playing out from the back & playing a passing game, and now Neil is boring when we are scoring goals, fighting for every ball and winning games.

This as apposed to Leicester who had 650 completed passes and lost, Cardiff who are in a bit of form and lost, tippy tappy Southampton in a playoff spot and lost.

What exactly do people want?

I just want us to be the underdog fighting the odds, f**king over wannabe teams, fighting for every ball, and fast direct counter attacks. Winning would be nice.

I don't think Harris football is boring anywhere near like GR football was.
I said before the difference is in mentality. Harris always believes we can beat teams like Leicester, GR hoped we could nick something. We are certainly more aggressive again under Harris where we'd gone bit soft. Look yesterday at tackles by Danny Mac, Tango, Lenny, Saville. Some of those were quite ferocious. That lifts the crowd, which in turn lifts the players.

I think the majority of old school Millwall fans realise that we have historically been far more effective with a team that is set up to play 442, who get stuck in, show no fear, love to turn over the big time Charlies, love a cup run, never give up and have wide men who can beat a man and deliver good crosses. We have tended to also have strong centre back, centre midfield and centre forward partnerships. We have never really been a possession based team in my lifetime, we have tended to be direct, not as direct as the old Wimbledon route one but direct enough to counter attack at pace. If some people think that’s boring I really don’t give a monkeys.

I think the majority of old school Millwall fans realise that we have historically been far more effective with a team that is set up to play 442, who get stuck in, show no fear, love to turn over the big time Charlies, love a cup run, never give up and have wide men who can beat a man and deliver good crosses. We have tended to also have strong centre back, centre midfield and centre forward partnerships. We have never really been a possession based team in my lifetime, we have tended to be direct, not as direct as the old Wimbledon route one but direct enough to counter attack at pace. If some people think that’s boring I really don’t give a monkeys.
A passionate Millwall team, especially at home lifts the crowd, crowd lifts the team, that’s the Millwall way and always has been. We don’t and never will have the money to attract players to play like Man City. Atmosphere at home so much better since Harris has been back?
Honestly wish the glory hunting ‘we should be in the Premier League’ Wally’s would f@@@ off to Palace and put on the black uniform and wave flags.

A passionate Millwall team, especially at home lifts the crowd, crowd lifts the team, that’s the Millwall way and always has been. We don’t and never will have the money to attract players to play like Man City. Atmosphere at home so much better since Harris has been back?
Honestly wish the glory hunting ‘we should be in the Premier League’ Wally’s would f@@@ off to Palace and put on the black uniform and wave flags.
I think that people would like a couple of seasons in the prem just to make the club a little bit richer.

I don't know why some of the Championship sides are obsessed with tippy tappy football in their own half - It's outdated...

If you watch the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Villa and a few others, it's fast paced, on the front foot and more direct. Yes, they can hold onto the ball for a while and wear teams down, but on the whole, the PL is much easier on the eyes these days. Some of these Championship sides are a real drag to watch

Last edited:
I don't know why some of the Championship sides are obsessed with tippy tappy football in their own half - It's outdated...

If you watch the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Villa and a few others, it's fast passed, on the front foot and more direct. Yes, they can hold onto the ball for a while and wear teams down, but on the whole, the PL is much easier on the eyes these days. Some of these Championship sides are a real drag to watch
I said that about Cardiff yesterday. At 1-1 I was getting bored shitless with them tapping it around going nowhere. So sweet when we scored on the stroke of half time. Once they go behind they still carry on, even in injury time. What happened to the get it up the park twenty to five balls.

I said that about Cardiff yesterday. At 1-1 I was getting bored shitless with them tapping it around going nowhere. So sweet when we scored on the stroke of half time. Once they go behind they still carry on, even in injury time. What happened to the get it up the park twenty to five balls.

Last night, I noticed on a Cardiff forum some were saying they get fed up with the style because there is no plan B for them when they are struggling. You're right, second half they carried on and struggled to make any headway, and that was mainly because we were more aggressive in forcing the game. Same with Leicester, it wasn't until the game was nearly over that they started using the right wing more and lobbing balls into the box.

I hate teams that play around with it in their own half, we must be losing 10-15 minutes of proper football these days because of it.
I'm happy with the way we play under Harris, even his first spell I enjoyed whilst many others didn't, when we play badly it doesn't matter how we play it just doesn't look good.
Given that we know have 5 subs to use there is no reason why forwards can't constantly hassle the oppositions defence if they want to tip tap it around.
If we only have 35% possession then lets have it in their half.

the money would probably guarantee our future
At the expense of what though? We have a future without reaching that division. I think that it's a very loose and throwaway statement. Secure it for how long? We've been in existence a while now and will continue to be regardless of reaching the premier. I can't think of anything worse than getting beat every week and not being able to compete. Then you have all the cuntish things and people that'd come with. Fuck that.

Last edited:
At the expense of what though? We have a future without reaching that division. I think that it's a very loose and throwaway statement. Secure it for how long? We've been in existence a while now and will continue to be regardless of reaching the premier. I can't of anything worse than getting beat every week and not being able to compete. Then you have all the cuntish things and people that'd come with. Fuctk that.
Think we agree, you have to read my full post? I was addressing the fact that others would like a couple of years in the Premier League and the only positive I can see would be the extra finance.
I am happy we had our “time” at the end of the eighties things were more even then money wise and we all had a great time, no embarrassment especially first season