Just Back v the Foxes

silverlion

Staff member
A sensational performance and a surprising victory with a wonderful goal.

We started well and we could have taken the lead after two minutes. Flem was given a mighty shove on the right and the free kick was met by Longman who headed it wide of the keeper but it was saved. We continued to press and I kept thinking that we had the better of the first five, and then the first 10 and 15 and 20 and 25 and it really did take them that long to get some sort of control. We pushed and pressed, denied them space, shut them down well when they tried to come forward and generally stifled their play. They hit some good passes but we tackled hard and pushed them back. Longman was having a decent game on the right with good support from Leonard and Honeyman was pushing hard down the left with Danny backing him up. Flem was ghosting well as a ten and Oba was having a decent game leading the line. Two or three times he managed to control a ball knocked up to him and lay it off to a colleague and they struggled to contain him at times. We had much the better of the first half and they were only in it in flashes. They passed the ball well down the lines but they never really threatened in the first 45 and Shark did not have a save to make in the goalless first half.

It was clear that they were going to come at us in the second half and they pushed us back. They had good control from the back and played in our half but although they had good possession they never really posed a threat. A crunching challenge on Honeyman put him out of the game with an odd looking left arm and Esse came on the replace him. He settled quickly and him and Leonard had their work cut out to contain Mvididi but they managed it well. Shortly after came the move of the match. Billy got the ball in our half and hit a peach of a ball down the left to Longman. He controlled it well, pulled it inside and hit an unstoppable shot across the keeper into the top right hand corner for a sensational winner. They made copious subs including a lightning right winger called Fatawu who looked dangerous. As hard as they tried they could not blow our house down and we defended resolutely. Oba had a golden chance to put us two up but he could just not find the killer shot or pass to score. Shortly afterwards, and to great acclaim he was replaced by Bradshaw. He buzzed and hassled up front and slowed their progress down. The closest they came was an excellent run down the run by Fatawu, a dinked cross a goal bound header from six yards which Billy headed off the line. Seven added minutes were played out without major drama and Rockin All Over the World was played loud and proud.
Shark made some good saves and looked assured. Leonard was very solid and had to keep all his focus to keep Mavididi quiet and was my MOM. Tango and Cooper was solid and Danny was feisty and hard tackling. Sav covered every blade of grass and was well partnered by Billy who was excellent. Honeyman was aggressive, Flem had some good moments and Oba played very well leading the line. Longman’s goal was sensational and the whole Den rose to applaud his goal. Tom helped bottle it up with some tenacious play up front.
Esse played well and offered a different approach wide right. BNC and Casper came on at the death and bottled it up well.

Three points against all the odds, 17 th as we speak and a really solid performance from 1 to 11. Surely one more win should settle it. On tonight’s showing we do not look a relegation threatened side and we hope to settle that score against the Taffs. Bring it on!

Whatever my thoughts have been on Longman during his loan spell, when he leaves at the end of the season, he will always be remembered for the goal he got tonight :clap:
He reminds me of James Henry. Reckon Harris will try and keep him and get a proper target man to get on the end of the crosses,

He reminds me of James Henry. Reckon Harris will try and keep him and get a proper target man to get on the end of the crosses,
Will we need him though?
We’ve got Esse & Emakhu waiting in the wings (literally) who won’t cost us a penny.

Will we need him though?
We’ve got Esse & Emakhu waiting in the wings (literally) who won’t cost us a penny.
Esse and Emakhu seem like more central players to me. I’d ship out Fleming and play Esse as a 10 and have Emakhu as a fast centre forward (Jon Goodman style).

Thanks, Silver.

Must confess that after Saturday's abject display, I feared the worse. Instead, we were treated to the best performance of the season🤷Everyone played their part. Apart from the last 5 mins, they didn't really look like scoring (and we could have been 3-up by then).

Three more points should see us safe. Would be good to get them on Saturday. COYL.

Thanks Silver appreciated especially as I couldn't make it
due to unexpected problem cropping up
In morning. Bloody annoyed.

Although Vardy hasn't been prolific this season by his standards, the full games and sub games he has played, he's done pretty well. So it goes to show that we did a number on him last night. He was very quite:
(y)

VAR.jpg

Terrific performance from the entire team but special mention to:

* Obafemi: Put in one of the best lone (or should I say very alone) striker performances I've seen from a Millwall player in many years. He absolutely terrorised their defence single handedly until subbed. Shame he couldn't round it off with a goal. Hopefully, that'll quieten down his critics.
* Leonard: Top notch again. He had a tricky and difficult winger against him and, apart from a couple of testing moments early in the game, had him in his pocket. He simply gets better and better.
* Longman a promising performance turned into a brilliant one when he pulled that sensational goal out of the hat.

They seem a little miffed on their forum. I love that we are the under dogs. Sky keep putting us on against top teams, hoping they thrash us.

Nice try you mugs. And please get rid of that gobby woman who was commentating. Even kept talking bollox while the aplause for Dave was going on. Just shut your gob and show some respect.

Members online