08-04-1989

Knew the boy Maiorana funny enough. I was mates with Liam Daish at Cambridge. Had a couple of boozes over that way and he used to turn up too. Drawett did as well as it happens. Dublin was there at the time. Not far off Division 1at one stage.

Couldn’t tell you the score but can recall we were in the Carlton while they ( Mancs) ) got in the Canterbury arms early doors, someone managed to slip past the old bill and get inside, it was called on for 1/oclock, Millwall came from everywhere that day and had a massive firm out, somehow the OB blocked ilderton road off and ushered the mancs into the ground, can’t remember anything happening that day to be honest 🤔

As I recall the Cockney Reds were well organised and turned up in big numbers early doors and were swanning about before we heard they were on our manor - familiar story?
Think it was OB who put them in the Canterbury which led to claims they had taken over one of our boozers.
They were surrounded by OB and a lot of ours were watching the pub but don't think there was much happened before or after.

Anyone at The Den on that day? 'Cause I wasn't.
The year before I let my wife pick a day to get married. Little did I know we would be playing that lot at The Den that day.
:slap:

Oh well, on the plus side - We're still together and have been married 35 years today:

Look at their team sheet!

View attachment 25672

Happy Wedding Anniversary Kryan.

Wasn't this the game where Ferguson was close to being sacked if he lost to us?
My memory says we had a good 1st half and they were there for the taking but they sneaked a win.

Happy Wedding Anniversary Kryan.

Wasn't this the game where Ferguson was close to being sacked if he lost to us?
My memory says we had a good 1st half and they were there for the taking but they sneaked a win.

I didn't go (I was in a Church at 3pm).
A 0-0 draw.

As I recall the Cockney Reds were well organised and turned up in big numbers early doors and were swanning about before we heard they were on our manor - familiar story?
Think it was OB who put them in the Canterbury which led to claims they had taken over one of our boozers.
They were surrounded by OB and a lot of ours were watching the pub but don't think there was much happened before or after.
A well respected Manc put a few paragraphs in a book saying how they took the piss all day, He named Gervase st and claimed in his words Millwall run like girls after the game, I explained we we're at Surrey docks, He wouldn't have it, Like he wouldn't have we done them at Piccadilly before the youth cup final at Maine rd or we more than held our own in the seats at Old Trafford, He even claimed they done us at the Den in the seventies a claim repeated in Banana Bobs book.

Yep in the seats about 25 of us old Bill didn't know how we got the tickets but we've got a lot touts amongst us one mouthy manc didn't stop old Bill had us sorted but at half time John f. Who was in a corporate box walked around the ring of Filth sparked him right out turned around and went right back to the box ,fuckin

Anyone at The Den on that day? 'Cause I wasn't.
The year before I let my wife pick a day to get married. Little did I know we would be playing that lot at The Den that day.
:slap:

Oh well, on the plus side - We're still together and have been married 35 years today:

Look at their team sheet!

View attachment 25672

When abroad ment Wales,Ireland and Scotland 😁