Twenty year ago to the day

I remember the day well. I was leading a school musical trip to the western USA and we were in Seattle. They are eight hours behind the UK so when I woke up the game was over. Trying to find out the score in somebody else’s house early in the morning was a nightmare. I eventually got into one of their computers and struggled to find a site which I could access to discover the score. I was absolutely overjoyed to see that we had won with Timmy’s goal and woke up my daughter who was bleary eyed to give her the result. She was delighted too and asked me whether we would go to the final. That’s a bit like asking whether ducks can swim and she gave me a big hug when I told her it would take a coach and horses to stop us from going to the final. I told everybody on the bus that was transporting the group from venue to venue and some of them were Wall. They were chuffed! I had to take some ribbing from the Manure fans on the bus who were suggesting a cricket score in Cardiff.
That day was one not to forget and it took a long time for my ears to recover and I have never heard such a noise from us at a game.

Was so pleased more so for my dad. He saw us in the old First Division, saw us play at both Wembleys and in an FA Cup Final. He never thought he would see any of those things in his lifetime.
The semi-final was the day before his 70th birthday. My kids are now the 5th generation of Wall in my family.

Thanks Peckham, great videos.

I thought of my granddad at the final whistle who saw the 1937 FA Cup run when we last went so close. He also didn't live long enough to see us play in the old first division, so it was quite emotional when that final whistle blew.

A friend of the family who was in his late 80s and had supported us all his life came with a group of us to the final in Cardiff. It was great to share the day with someone from that golden generation of supporters, many of which never saw us finally get to the final.

I thought we (muscnt )blew it when like a little school kid grabbed the ball for the penalty at home tramp meare, knew he would miss, and I thought it was all over. Harris saved the day up there, wasn’t the volley his 100th goal ??
Enjoyed the semi more than the finale