Team v Hudds

silverlion

Staff member
A very important game for us for two reasons. The result is of the utmost importance simply because we can’t afford to lose otherwise we are deep in the brown stuff and up to our necks too. The second reason is to ensure we can bounce back from a very disappointing day at Rovrum. Some sloppy play and our inability to put the ball in the back of the net were the major factors. I also think that complacency was also a factor. You cannot help but think that there were many, me included who thought it was almost a racing certainty that we would get all three points and maybe we were not as intense as we could be. All in all it was a very poor day but the honest truth is that we have the perfect opportunity to put it all right in Hudds. They are no great shakes and have lost three and drawn two of the last five games but they will be very mindful that a win for them will drag them out of the bottom three. Whereas a win for us will push us further away from the trapdoor.
Following any defeat there are repercussions about who was to blame for two poor goals. Who needs to be benched to show that there are consequences for poor play? For me Tango has a lot to answer for. When their attacker cuts inside for their first goal Danny does not get quite close enough but Tango stands off him and lets him shoot. It was a decent shot and Shark doesn’t quite get to it. The second goal is a decent cross but again Danny gives him too much room. When it gets into our box Tango is not quite tight enough. Was he pushed? It comes off the back of their bloke’s head and surprises Shark who could have done better.
I am not sure that changing keepers is a good move as I have no doubt that Bart might have done better but a kick up the rear for Shark might be all that is needed. As for Danny a similar move might be appropriate but he was playing on his least favourite side of the defence. Maybe Murray might have recovered or another option is to consider Longman although the latter could be a bit risky! The number one solution could be to bring back Hutch. You know for sure that he will lead and dominate and Cooper will be at his best too. Whatever, defence is very important on Saturday and NH and crew will have been working it hard at Calmont Road.
Midfield has issues as the clamour for Casper backfired a bit as he was double marked and was less effective than he could be. So, do you bench him in favour of Billy or give him another chance? It’s a tough call. Sav should be nailed on to start but who do you play either side of Flem? Watmore can flatter to deceive so does Mayor get a start or do you put Longman or even Esse in. Honeyman puts in a shift and he should be good to start. Oba is our only option but is Emakhu fit to take some part in the game? I hope so!

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Casper Sav
Honeyman Flem Mayor
Oba

Subs Bart Danny Tango Esse Longman Billy BNC Emakhu Leahy

I imagine Harris will go
Sark
Leonard Tango Cooper Danny
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Watmore
Oba

I personally would like to see Mayor or Esse get a go and maybe go with Hutch and Tango

we need to score so. must have at least1 creative midfielder not a midfield of , stoppers playing
We can't afford to lose this one after the Rotherham loss, so I think he won't be so adventurous. It's not as if we didn't have chances to score on Monday.

A very important game for us for two reasons. The result is of the utmost importance simply because we can’t afford to lose otherwise we are deep in the brown stuff and up to our necks too. The second reason is to ensure we can bounce back from a very disappointing day at Rovrum. Some sloppy play and our inability to put the ball in the back of the net were the major factors. I also think that complacency was also a factor. You cannot help but think that there were many, me included who thought it was almost a racing certainty that we would get all three points and maybe we were not as intense as we could be. All in all it was a very poor day but the honest truth is that we have the perfect opportunity to put it all right in Hudds. They are no great shakes and have lost three and drawn two of the last five games but they will be very mindful that a win for them will drag them out of the bottom three. Whereas a win for us will push us further away from the trapdoor.
Following any defeat there are repercussions about who was to blame for two poor goals. Who needs to be benched to show that there are consequences for poor play? For me Tango has a lot to answer for. When their attacker cuts inside for their first goal Danny does not get quite close enough but Tango stands off him and lets him shoot. It was a decent shot and Shark doesn’t quite get to it. The second goal is a decent cross but again Danny gives him too much room. When it gets into our box Tango is not quite tight enough. Was he pushed? It comes off the back of their bloke’s head and surprises Shark who could have done better.
I am not sure that changing keepers is a good move as I have no doubt that Bart might have done better but a kick up the rear for Shark might be all that is needed. As for Danny a similar move might be appropriate but he was playing on his least favourite side of the defence. Maybe Murray might have recovered or another option is to consider Longman although the latter could be a bit risky! The number one solution could be to bring back Hutch. You know for sure that he will lead and dominate and Cooper will be at his best too. Whatever, defence is very important on Saturday and NH and crew will have been working it hard at Calmont Road.
Midfield has issues as the clamour for Casper backfired a bit as he was double marked and was less effective than he could be. So, do you bench him in favour of Billy or give him another chance? It’s a tough call. Sav should be nailed on to start but who do you play either side of Flem? Watmore can flatter to deceive so does Mayor get a start or do you put Longman or even Esse in. Honeyman puts in a shift and he should be good to start. Oba is our only option but is Emakhu fit to take some part in the game? I hope so!

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Casper Sav
Honeyman Flem Mayor
Oba

Subs Bart Danny Tango Esse Longman Billy BNC Emakhu Leahy
I think that’s harsh on Tango. Remember he also made some good tackles and at least one goal saving tackle.

I think that’s harsh on Tango. Remember he also made some good tackles and at least one goal saving tackle.
Very harsh indeed, a footballer with a brain of which there are not many, his positional sense and reading of the game is the best in our squad but some people love to feed on the negatives knowing that "perfect" footballers do not exist in the Championship.

With Murray's season now over I hope NH resists the temptation to put square pegs in round holes. Game is too important to fuck about and be clever..