Team v Rovrum

silverlion

Staff member
This is one of those games where they are proper brown stuff, can’t win for toffees, we are hot favourites to turn them over big time and we don’t turn up, fanny around and they win! I recall a game several seasons ago up there where it was chucking it down with rain, we played like a pub team and they won1-0. Let’s hope none of the above happen tomorrow….but it could turn out that way. I have posted before that my Dad always used to say that the better the team are the better we play and when we play somebody who is proper tosh then we play poorly. There is also the thought that we really had to raise our game against WBA and complacency tomorrow could be our Achilles heal. Who knows? I do think that there are two things in our favour. The first is that NH has got them all busting a gut for 90+ minutes and you wouldn’t expect that we wouldn’t turn up. Secondly they are playing poorly, have lost five out of the last six and it we win tomorrow then they are relegated. Could that inspire them or just get them thinking that there is really no point? The latter I hope.
I confidently predict that there will be at least one change as Joe is crocked. There could be other changes as there may be other bumps and bruises which could rule others out. There could be major fatigue issues as some look out on their feet at the end of Friday’s game.
One certainty is that Shark won’t be tired as he had little to do against WBA. He should wear the gloves. For me Leonard was MOM and should start alongside Tango and Cooper. Joe is a non starter and does Danny get the nod or does Murray come in? It’s a tough call. Midfield should be unchanged as long as neither Sav or Billy are worn out. Honeyman should be right and either Watmore or Longman wide left. Flem should slot in as a ten with Oba starting up front.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Danny
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Watmore
Oba

Subs Bart Hutch Murray Esse Casper BNC Longman Mayor Emakhu

De Norre needs to start in a game like this ,we need to be more creative and score goals but can't see it happening

De Norre needs to start in a game like this ,we need to be more creative and score goals but can't see it happening
How many goals and assists has He got from his 25 appearances? We are picking up points. It's rare for a manager to change things unless his team are getting beaten each week. Perhaps he's not putting it in on the training pitch and doesn't warrant a starting place.

How many goals and assists has He got from his 25 appearances? We are picking up points. It's rare for a manager to change things unless his team are getting beaten each week. Perhaps he's not putting it in on the training pitch and doesn't warrant a starting place.
It may be that Harris doesn’t think he’s aggressive enough on the pitch as he’s more of a flair player.

He will get his chance, Who would you drop as if I didn't know, Eventually Billy or Sav will pick up an injury/Suspension and De Norre will get his chance just how it should be.
This (plus the two posts after)
Sorry Purley, but why change something that’s working? It’s also occurred to me that Sav might have told Harris that Billy is his preferred midfield partner (for now)
Experiment next season or when we are mathematically safe, but not now

Sarkic
Leonard Cooper Tanganga Danny
Honeyman Saville Mitchell Watmore
Flemming Obafemi

Harris is Mr Consistent, so I cannot see De Norre coming in and starting all of a sudden unless someone is injured. Longman perhaps for Watmore, but as the latter scored our goal Friday I can't see that happening unless fitness is any issue. Subs spell themselves out as per. I think when safe from the drop, we may see the likes of de norre, Esse, Emakhu, BNC and Hutch getting some minutes. Right now the consistency in the team is working.

He will get his chance, Who would you drop as if I didn't know, Eventually Billy or Sav will pick up an injury/Suspension and De Norre will get his chance just how it should be.
You’re like a broken record 🤷‍♂️

I’ve said (and there’s several others who seem to think the same) I would like De Norre to start and immediately you’re reading my mind (wrongly).

Can’t you just let me post without your repetitive potshots 🤷‍♂️

This is the sort of fixture we historically make a mess of.
Understand why people say if it ain't broke and all that, however this is a different game to most we have played under NH, their are proper shit and struggle to score, if we play how we have been playing we could slip to a 1-0. For us to be on the front foot De Norre should come in for Billy and Esse should get at least 30 minutes.

This is the sort of fixture we historically make a mess of.
Understand why people say if it ain't broke and all that, however this is a different game to most we have played under NH, their are proper shit and struggle to score, if we play how we have been playing we could slip to a 1-0. For us to be on the front foot De Norre should come in for Billy and Esse should get at least 30 minutes.
I’ve been calling for De Norre’s inclusion for a couple of games but UNDERSTAND WHY NH HAS STUCK WITH A TEAM THAT HAS GOT RESULTS.

However, tomorrow we’re playing against a team that’s won 3 games all season and haven’t scored for 5 games so I think we can sacrifice a little defensive solidity for the inclusion of, arguably, the most creative midfielder in the club 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been calling for De Norre’s inclusion for a couple of games but UNDERSTAND WHY NH HAS STUCK WITH A TEAM THAT HAS GOT RESULTS.

However, tomorrow we’re playing against a team that’s won 3 games all season and haven’t scored for 5 games so I think we can sacrifice a little defensive solidity for the inclusion of, arguably, the most creative midfielder in the club 🤷‍♂️
100%

It could be for Saville, he went on International duty and didn't play because of an injury, that might mean he won't be risked playing twice in four days.
If fit and can last 60 minutes, Saville is a must to start. Runs the team without wearing the armband. Biggest talker on the pitch for us. Personally I don't see Rotherham a difficult team to beat. Harris is a 1-0 merchant, so that's my punt. Couldn't care who starts or what the score is, as long as we take all 3 points.

However, tomorrow we’re playing against a team that’s won 3 games all season and haven’t scored for 5 games
Three of those were away games. They tend to lose at home by the odd goal. Surprised to see that they haven't been hammered by anyone. They haven;t conceded in the first half for four games ( home ) so we need to be patient and not expect a walk over.

I would definitely start de Norre. Billy didn’t have a particularly good game against West Brom and against poor opposition we could do with more flair as the risk of being overrun is less. In any event Casper isn’t that shabby as a defensive midfielder anyway

I understand the calls for De Norre but it's not like we'e losing games or desperate. Not sure many managers will change such a settled pairing when he's getting results and just because a replacement might score or assist. Unless of course that player was doing so on a regular basis before losing his place.

We know what Harris is about and what he looks for in his players. Even if a player is slightly off in training there's a good chance he won't start the next game. Fight over finesse is what's called for until we have the required amount of points. for safety. It's served us well in five of our last six games. I don't care how we pick up points at this moment in time.