Team choices by Harris

Flair & Harris do not go together ,he prefers s stoppers & spoilers and hopes to Nick a goal and park the bus ,
He's paid to get results. Look where trying to play with flair got us under that lunatic Edwards. It got us Harris. Rowett was criticized too yet we were 45 minutes away from reaching the play offs with similar tactics to what we're now seeing. We simply don't have enough quality to play high tempo on the front foot football. Money dictates what you can and can't afford and unfortunately we don't have the readies to put a team together to play sustainable attacking football. Needs must as they say.

It's the same in every league. Look at the premier for example. There's a good ten teams in that division that simply can't compete with the big boys so all they can do is spend enough in the hope they can maintain there place in a league that isn't a level playing field. The likes of Bournemouth and the spotty Nigels pay average players 50k a week. Arsenal pay upwards of 90k a week and that's still a pittance in comparison to what the two Manc clubs, the bin dippers and Chelsea and city pay.

I've seen it written by our fans that they'd rather go down playing attacking football than what Rowett and Harris serve up. Fucking bonkers if you ask me. One-- how can anyone in there right mind want to see their team relegated? Secondly- do they seriously think that dropping down a division to league one is going to get us better footballers and ones that can play how these oddballs went them to? Fucking doubt it.

I've seen it written by our fans that they'd rather go down playing attacking football than what Rowett and Harris serve up. Fucking bonkers if you ask me. One-- how can anyone in there right mind want to see their team relegated? Secondly- do they seriously think that dropping down a division to league one is going to get us better footballers and ones that can play how these oddballs went them to? Fucking doubt it.
:tophat: - but I got to *admit (edit), winning is nice as well :grinning:

Last edited:
We're 20 years behind in financial power in the transfer market in this league alone.
And probably always will be mate. I think this is our longest stay in the second tier of English football since the 70's. Seven seasons now. You have to go back to 1967 for the last time we had a prolonged stay in this division. We were finally relegated in 74/75 after doing nine consecutive seasons.

I see posts on here, Millwall facebook groups, twitter and and Hof bemoaning the fact that we don't or can't afford to buy certain players and at the same time those bods are moaning about day trippers and groups of tourists turning up to watch games. The day trippers and tourists probably sling a longun the clubs way just for one game when you consider the price of a match ticket and a bag of tat from the club shop.

Most of us regulars are getting earlybird season tickets that mean we're paying around 15 notes per game. Five day trippers are putting more than the price of a season ticket into the club from one visit. If we want to be competitive, pay the wages for half decent players that'll keep us in this league we shouldn't be turning our noses up at passing custom.

As it happens we do pay decent wages for a club our size. We can't chuck it about on transfer fees but we are paying more or less the going rate when it comes to players wages. We can't sustain that by relying on the wedge from eight thousand season ticket holders. Walk ups and match day revenue plays a big part in defining our budget for player recruitment and wages. I have no problem if a group of Ruperts or Boxheads want to give my club money. After all it's us the fans that benefit from it. They wouldn't be the case if we were to drop down a division so i'll suffer and respect them at the same time.

If the bods claiming to be Wall that only show when we're at Wembley put in as much effort in as total strangers then perhaps we could be a bit more picky and choosy but they don't so we are where we are.

And probably always will be mate. I think this is our longest stay in the second tier of English football since the 70's. Seven seasons now. You have to go back to 1967 for the last time we had a prolonged stay in this division. We were finally relegated in 74/75 after doing nine consecutive seasons.

I see posts on here, Millwall facebook groups, twitter and and Hof bemoaning the fact that we don't or can't afford to buy certain players and at the same time those bods are moaning about day trippers and groups of tourists turning up to watch games. The day trippers and tourists probably sling a longun the clubs way just for one game when you consider the price of a match ticket and a bag of tat from the club shop.

Most of us regulars are getting earlybird season tickets that mean we're paying around 15 notes per game. Five day trippers are putting more than the price of a season ticket into the club from one visit. If we want to be competitive, pay the wages for half decent players that'll keep us in this league we shouldn't be turning our noses up at passing custom.

As it happens we do pay decent wages for a club our size. We can't chuck it about on transfer fees but we are paying more or less the going rate when it comes to players wages. We can't sustain that by relying on the wedge from eight thousand season ticket holders. Walk ups and match day revenue plays a big part in defining our budget for player recruitment and wages. I have no problem if a group of Ruperts or Boxheads want to give my club money. After all it's us the fans that benefit from it. They wouldn't be the case if we were to drop down a division so i'll suffer and respect them at the same time.

If the bods claiming to be Wall that only show when we're at Wembley put in as much effort in as total strangers then perhaps we could be a bit more picky and choosy but they don't so we are where we are.
Good post and spot on. Never got the tourist bashing when they’re pumping money in to the club. It’s not like they’re taking a seat from a regular Millwall fan! The seat would otherwise be empty!!

Good post and spot on. Never got the tourist bashing when they’re pumping money in to the club. It’s not like they’re taking a seat from a regular Millwall fan! The seat would otherwise be empty!!
When we visited Hallam FC they were very glad to help us as the wife basically signed away the farm to purchase tons of scarves, badges and just all of it.. Blew tons of money on beer, food, poppy donations to the soldiers present. Everyone was friendly to us the entirety of the time both before and after said purchases, hoped we'd come back, etc.. Showed us round, gave us the history of the place, teams, etc... And I have to say.. If ever I were visiting that part of England again, I would go again and would spend again.

I don't know how to work this one out, but over the course of this season, Mitchell has made a total of 56 tackles and interceptions, while De Norre has made 65. So, it would appear that De Norre puts himself about more than I thought!

I like De Norre and hope to see him in the starting line up at some point. I think he is probably up a level on most we have (IMO, of course). But, the interesting thing with him is; under Edwards best spell with us (the five games over the Christmas period - 3w and 2d) and Harris' four games...De Norre never started one game!

Probably the time to bring him in is when/if we are safe, or, if we go on a bad run and Harris needs to try something different (that is this season, deal with next season when it arrives).

Should he be a starter? Certainly a tricky one to work out if you are the coach.
:grinning:

Indeed mate. I though we played well against Birmingham as well. It certainly wasn't what i was expecting from a Harris side. Unless i'm mistaken i didn't count many long balls being launched.
I make you correct.
I watched the match on my own, so I had nobody to bounce ideas off.
At half time, I sent a message to Whiskylion. I said, "We are playing well, but it's still 0-0."
Some comments on here caused me to reflect on whether I was wrong, but no, I think we did play with attacking intent in the first half. Just lacking quality in the box.

Cracking post - I think the Championship is the sweet spot in the pyramid and keeping us here, for me, has to be the priority. In or around the play offs is a great place to be, fighting relegation is the pits.

We need the money that all the odd jobs bring (and realistically, I'm one of them these days due to geography),

I do get a bit pissed when taking their photos, although me and my sons make them shout out Miĺllllllll

Flair & Harris do not go together ,he prefers s stoppers & spoilers and hopes to Nick a goal and park the bus ,so far we have rode our luck and got the vital points but their comes a time when we will go behind and I cannot see us scoring at the moment more then 1 but if 1 is all we need so be, it a very big test on Sunday let's hope everyone both on & off the pitch are up for it
Well said, however apart from Joe's first game in charge we haven't looked like scoring in open play since....well....a long time. It looked like everyone had the key to rip us a new one, it won't be long before they find a new key and with nothing up front we'll be back to square 1.

Great point made re day trippers. A season ticket holder through the 70's and 80's but then moved to Cornwall. Still pop up for a couple of games per season.... But now seen as a day tripper. Will always love our club, and kick every ball.

It looked like everyone had the key to rip us a new one, it won't be long before they find a new key and with nothing up front we'll be back to square 1.

Haha...an amusing way to put an opinion forward. But, I must admit, it's something that has crossed my mind. I just hope 'square 1' is when we are safe.
:grinning:

When tourists buy their tickets the club should let them know what is expected of them as Millwall supporters, at the very minimum the words to the Monks chant :grinning:

Bang on the money this post.