Surely a change is nailed for Saturday…

Only the bottom three have scored less goals than us. Regardless of what manager we have had this season, it has been a constant theme. Bradshaw and Rab C being constantly injured hasn't helped. If it wasn't for the likes of 007 chipping in a with a few we would be in the same boat as Rotherham. Miles adrift. I suppose it's testament to the players recently digging in that we haven't dropped that low so far.

Whatever the outcome this season, that is one thing that has to be addressed in the summer. How that's done, is anyone's guess.
Assuming we don't have Obafemi or Bradshaw next season then another CF will come in but we won't be able to afford someone who will be scoring for fun out of nothing, tactics will need to change if we want to improve our scoring record, we can't leave 1 CF isolated and expect him to keep scoring, only Harris has pushed players in numbers forward but as our attacks are very few it doesn't help much either.
Harris is yet to go a goal down so perhaps we won't see what his attacking intentions are until it happens and I have an uneasy feeling that it will tomorrow.

Ball players & Harris don t mix , just wants stoppers in midfield and hope we get a break up front ...got to have a real go in all our home games in order to stay in this divusion
No reason he would not like a player who is a good stopper, good on the ball and good going forward.

"Look Lionel its not a language problem. Its just you are just too good an all rounder. I only need a stopper" :grinning:

Emakhu playing as a pair with Obafemi with Flemming in the 10 will cause Brum no end of problems!!
You mean obafemi and emakhu and esse or watmore as a number 10. Flemming spends 90 mins strolling around the pitch doing fuckall, just manages to score the odd fluky goal and that's it. He's so massively overrated.

Flemmngs form seems on the up for once. Got a long way to go yet though. He has been a passenger recently.

Obviously a win for us is the preferred result every time. However, given that tomorrow's match is against another team in the relegation mix, the most important thing is not to lose. Personally, I won't be that disappointed if it finishes up as a 0 - 0 boredraw.

Whatever the outcome this season, that is one thing that has to be addressed in the summer. How that's done, is anyone's guess.
If NH is still here (and if he keeps us up, I don't think he will stay if he does) I'll tell you what he will do, go and buy some big lump from Gillingham or somewhere equally exotic and pump the ball up to him relentlessly.

Right now, I'll take that along with the fighting spirit he has instilled but it's not what I'd like to see next season.

Last edited:
Obviously a win for us is the preferred result every time. However, given that tomorrow's match is against another team in the relegation mix, the most important thing is not to lose. Personally, I won't be that disappointed if it finishes up as a 0 - 0 boredraw.
With Leeds being the next game I think we need all 3 points tomorrow, they have a decent attack so I don't think playing like our last 2 games will work, my feeling is we will have to at least score twice to win and we need to have the front 4 pressing at all times, which will mean using all the subs later on.

You mean obafemi and emakhu and esse or watmore as a number 10. Flemming spends 90 mins strolling around the pitch doing fuckall, just manages to score the odd fluky goal and that's it. He's so massively overrated.
Kind of agree, but he is our top scorer, last season and this, gotta be honest I think Watmore is dogshit!!

With Leeds being the next game I think we need all 3 points tomorrow, they have a decent attack so I don't think playing like our last 2 games will work, my feeling is we will have to at least score twice to win and we need to have the front 4 pressing at all times, which will mean using all the subs later on.

Our next two matches are Leeds and WBA. I doubt that we will get anything at Leeds; might nick a point against WBA. After that 4 of our last 7 matches are against teams in the relegation dogfight; 2 vs teams with little to play for (S'land & Cardiff) and the other vs. Leicester (again anything from that match will be a bonus).

As I mentioned previously, obviously winning tomorrow would be great but I don't think we need to win; we need not to lose. Imo plenty of realistic opportunities left to pick up the other (likely) necessary 9/10 points needed for survival.

Our next two matches are Leeds and WBA. I doubt that we will get anything at Leeds; might nick a point against WBA. After that 4 of our last 7 matches are against teams in the relegation dogfight; 2 vs teams with little to play for (S'land & Cardiff) and the other vs. Leicester (again anything from that match will be a bonus).

As I mentioned previously, obviously winning tomorrow would be great but I don't think we need to win; we need not to lose. Imo plenty of realistic opportunities left to pick up the other (likely) necessary 9/10 points needed for survival.
A draw keeps them behind us, so that makes sense as not too much of a disaster.
On the other hand, we all want to accumulate the necessary points as quickly as possible.
Whilst wins against the top sides are unlikely, anything is possible.
The players must have the attitude that every game is an opportunity for 3 points.
Who, even here, gave us a chance at Southampton? Not me.

De Norre has to get on the pitch.

The only player comfortable on the ball with the ability to receive, turn and accurately pass without falling over.

Find it difficult to understand why he was not brought on tonight, especially with Obafemi upfront. De Norre feeding Obafemi is one of the few moves we have in our limited goal threatening arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Flemmngs form seems on the up for once. Got a long way to go yet though. He has been a passenger recently.

If NH is still here (and if he keeps us up, I don't think he will stay if he does) I'll tell you what he will do, go and buy some big lump from Gillingham or somewhere equally exotic and pump the ball up to him relentlessly.

Right now, I'll take that along with the fighting spirit he has instilled but it's not what I'd like to see next season.
Like a Steve Morrison or a Paul Moody or a Chris Wood?

Exactly this. Teams at the bottom are playing each other week in week out, so if we keep nicking points and get the odd win, we will be fine.

Wish I had your patience, I want us to be safe with at least 3 games to go.

Aa negative as it sounds not losing tomorrow is vital , I think we will be OK though I wouldn't be betting my house on it , if we get safe with a game or 2 to spare might just see harris be a bit more positive in style of play , mind I wouldn't bet my house on that either

Not just 43 points Purley but also a “tournament” win & off of a 17 handicap which at your age (& I’m not being patronising, I’m just jealous) is bloody good :clap:
Obviously OAG, you’re privy to some confidential information!

I’m played over 1400 rounds at my club and Wednesday was my best ever gross score (and I left 4 shots on the course🤦‍♂️).

As you say, not bad for someone of my mature years 😉