Team v Brum

silverlion

Staff member
Another big game where we hope that our momentum under NH will continue with another three points. This will be tough. They are two places and one point below us and they will be busting a gut to get a result. On the other hand we have 7 points out of a possible 9 under NH and gained a very good point at Ewood Park, a ground where we have got very little over the last ten years. Our biggest problem is one that NH has highlighted and that is we don’t do enough when we have the ball and give it away cheaply. And we don’t have a range of options upfront so NH will have been working hard at Calmont Road to address that issue.
There is little doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. He is assured and makes a save when needed so he will keep his place. I feel the same way about Leonard, Tango and Cooper but there is a question mark over Danny. He was absolutely distraught when his stray pass led to their equaliser on Tuesday. He held his head in his hands and beat the ground in fury. NH says he is a tough cookie so he maight not take it too badly if he is benched. The big question is does his starting place go to Joe or Murray? Joe was the choice on Tuesday so maybe that gives an insight into NH’s thinking.

MidfieLd always has issues. Billy’s cross for the goal on Tuesday probably means he is nailed on. But if a more creative approach is needed as his partner then maybe Casper comes into the team. This could give Sav a welcome breather. Honeyman is nailed on but is that the case for Longman? Watmore and Mayor are options. Sadly there are few options upfront. Emakhu needs to be employed better if he starts and Oba must got some game time after his debut goal.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Honeyman Billy Casper Watmore
Flem
Emakhu

Subs Bart Danny Wes Murray Esse Sav Mayor BNC Longman Oba

I though Emaku looked a little lost upfront the other day. Mind you he did call for a ball over the top or through ball several times and got no service.

Another big game where we hope that our momentum under NH will continue with another three points. This will be tough. They are two places and one point below us and they will be busting a gut to get a result. On the other hand we have 7 points out of a possible 9 under NH and gained a very good point at Ewood Park, a ground where we have got very little over the last ten years. Our biggest problem is one that NH has highlighted and that is we don’t do enough when we have the ball and give it away cheaply. And we don’t have a range of options upfront so NH will have been working hard at Calmont Road to address that issue.
There is little doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. He is assured and makes a save when needed so he will keep his place. I feel the same way about Leonard, Tango and Cooper but there is a question mark over Danny. He was absolutely distraught when his stray pass led to their equaliser on Tuesday. He held his head in his hands and beat the ground in fury. NH says he is a tough cookie so he maight not take it too badly if he is benched. The big question is does his starting place go to Joe or Murray? Joe was the choice on Tuesday so maybe that gives an insight into NH’s thinking.

MidfieLd always has issues. Billy’s cross for the goal on Tuesday probably means he is nailed on. But if a more creative approach is needed as his partner then maybe Casper comes into the team. This could give Sav a welcome breather. Honeyman is nailed on but is that the case for Longman? Watmore and Mayor are options. Sadly there are few options upfront. Emakhu needs to be employed better if he starts and Oba must got some game time after his debut goal.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Flem
Emakhu

I would put Danny at RB and move Leonard in midfield in place of Watmore

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Flem
Emakhu

Still cannot see how Fleming starts , again a lack lustre game in b,burn but due to his reflected free kick and penalty off the post goals he gets a start ,rather have what more in least his gives 100% when his on , I know a lot of fans will not agree and think the sun shines out of his backside but for me he is lazy and hardly gets into good positions and creates next to nothing and that's not what need at the this present time

The way Danny has been asked to play on the left and apart from that major error the other night he has been playing really well, it would be out of order to drop him. Leonard I would like to see further up the pitch as well but cant fault him when he is asked to play at the back.
De Norre should get a game but doubt he will, if he didnt even get a run out after such a dire performance the other night then it doesnt look good for him under NH.
I am not expecting to be entertained tomorrow but this really would be a big win if we can scrape it. I still really fear for us this season so three points tomorrow will at least give us a chance and Leeds wont be putting us firmly in the bottom three the week after.

As discussed elsewhere, most of us would make changes but NH isn’t that adventurous.
Obafemi in for Emakhu & that’s it I’m afraid

Jaws
Danny, Tanganga,Cooper, Dora
Leonard, Casper, Saville, Longman
Flemming
I'm Afobe
Subject to who isn't out on their feet. Hutch may make the bench which would be a plus.

Big fucking game tomorrow. A bucket minge of a game. Win it and a nice little gap will appear in the league table and give us breathing space before the two tough upcoming games against Leeds away and West Brom at home.

Obafemi must start. Questions also about who starts wide. I think Harris trusts Honeyman and Longman and I think both will play. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the team is unchanged.

The team needs the support of the fans more than ever right now. Back them to the hilt.

Come on you Lions.

Really difficult to pick a line up this week. Want Danny in because apart from one costly mistake he has been very good in the last few games (and there is his confidence to think of) Ideally at right back but want Leonard in defence and that means dropping Tango which would be harsh. Also want Bryan, Norton-Cuffy and Watmore in but no room. Have to get Casper in for ball retention. Keep it tight first half and bring in BNC, Emakhu and Watmore second half.

Sarkic

Leonard Tanganga Cooper McNamara

Mitchell De Norre

Honeyman Saville

Fleming
Obafemi