Surely a change is nailed for Saturday…

NH has to come up with a system/tactic that will increase our chances of scoring because if he doesn’t wins will not accrue and draws might not be enough to save us from the drop
If wins do not accrue, we could be playing Crewe next season ;)

Last edited:
If NH doesn’t change things up in more than one position then we will struggle Saturday. We create virtually zero and whilst that’s OK to do away from home to secure a point or the odd win but we have to go at teams at home.

NH likes the 4231 formation and I would go:
Sarkic
Lenny Tanganga Cooper Danny
Mitchell DeNorre
Honeyman Flemming Emaku
Obafemi

If NH doesn’t change things up in more than one position then we will struggle Saturday. We create virtually zero and whilst that’s OK to do away from home to secure a point or the odd win but we have to go at teams at home.

NH likes the 4231 formation and I would go:
Sarkic
Lenny Tanganga Cooper Danny
Mitchell DeNorre
Honeyman Flemming Emaku
Obafemi
Rather see Mayor there instead of Emakhu.

Next season there will be but is it time to experiment now? That’s all I’m saying
we need to create chances in order to score and our midfield at present do not ,they are at best stoppers with little or no creativity , that's great in certain games but not when you need points ..hardly made any chances Tuesday night against a very poor side...goals win games

Putting De Norre in our side is not an experiment IMO.
Understood, I’m just worried it will change the current dynamics (which I admit is not all that dynamic) Sometimes managers can change things and it over complicates & makes things worse (Big Mick at Derby in the play offs)
I accept the way we’ve played in our last two games won’t get us anywhere next season (unless we are division one of course)

Understood, I’m just worried it will change the current dynamics (which I admit is not all that dynamic) Sometimes managers can change things and it over complicates & makes things worse (Big Mick at Derby in the play offs)
I accept the way we’ve played in our last two games won’t get us anywhere next season (unless we are division one of course)
Harris’ selection has so far been geared towards being able to defend for our lives and scrap for points. As the weeks go on, this will surely start to wear thin.

The players need a bit of relief from wave after wave of attack, it is mentally draining as well as physically. Having someone who can take their time on the ball and help us move up the pitch with quality will elevate that pressure.

Also, playing proper wide players in their right positions will help - Honeyman is a great worker but offers nothing going forward whatsoever.

Common sense would say Harris will start to find that balance eventually. He’s alluded to it in post match interviews - we need to be better with the ball - but at the same time, results wise it seems to be working. At what point does he decide to ‘take the shackles off’? Tough one. Although personally, putting De Norre in that midfield isn’t that huge of a risk. He does work hard off the ball too, although it is not mentioned as a big part of his game because his passing and composure is so good.

Ball players & Harris don t mix , just wants stoppers in midfield and hope we get a break up front ...got to have a real go in all our home games in order to stay in this divusion

It’s where it gets us this season that counts 🤷‍♂️
I get it Purley I do, although didn’t he leave in the first place because our fans were fed up with his negative style of football? :unsure:
I’m more of a lay up with a seven iron player on the golf course, you obviously get the four iron out and smash it over the bunkers (I would have said water but I can’t remember any at PD)

I get it Purley I do, although didn’t he leave in the first place because our fans were fed up with his negative style of football? :unsure:
I’m more of a lay up with a seven iron player on the golf course, you obviously get the four iron out and smash it over the bunkers (I would have said water but I can’t remember any at PD)
43 stableford points yesterday made through a combination of prudent and attacking course management 😉

Getting the balance right can reap benefits 👍

20/30% possession takes it toll and I think it was for all to see against Blackburn in particular with Saville and few others.

We are at home and should be dictating the game, the tempo and creating the majority of goal chances.

My fear here is the manager bounce may get you through a few games but you have to utilise your squad and be tactically adaptable for the opponents and venue eg home or away.

I would have no problem with ten men sitting deep away against Leeds to nick a point or a breakaway win, but at home where a draw does us little if no favours we have to retain the ball better and be on the front foot with a more attacking midfield and forward line.

If he plays virtually the same starting eleven tomorrow and the current tactics I can honestly see us getting beaten. I sincerely hope I’m wrong on all counts.

20/30% possession takes it toll and I think it was for all to see against Blackburn in particular with Saville and few others.

We are at home and should be dictating the game, the tempo and creating the majority of goal chances.

My fear here is the manager bounce may get you through a few games but you have to utilise your squad and be tactically adaptable for the opponents and venue eg home or away.

I would have no problem with ten men sitting deep away against Leeds to nick a point or a breakaway win, but at home where a draw does us little if no favours we have to retain the ball better and be on the front foot with a more attacking midfield and forward line.

If he plays virtually the same starting eleven tomorrow and the current tactics I can honestly see us getting beaten. I sincerely hope I’m wrong on all counts.
Expecting same lineup (almost) and tactics, hence my League Ladders prediction 😞

we need to create chances in order to score and our midfield at present do not ,they are at best stoppers with little or no creativity , that's great in certain games but not when you need points ..hardly made any chances Tuesday night against a very poor side...goals win games

Only the bottom three have scored less goals than us. Regardless of what manager we have had this season, it has been a constant theme. Bradshaw and Rab C being constantly injured hasn't helped. If it wasn't for the likes of 007 chipping in a with a few we would be in the same boat as Rotherham. Miles adrift. I suppose it's testament to the players recently digging in that we haven't dropped that low so far.

Whatever the outcome this season, that is one thing that has to be addressed in the summer. How that's done, is anyone's guess.