Surely a change is nailed for Saturday…

Lionsteele

Casper for Sav at home is a must?

We are grinding out results but can’t hang on to the ball. Zero creativity in there at the moment. Mitchell has been playing well so surely Casper comes in?

Obafemi looks brighter & need someone to find him with the ball.

De Norre has to get on the pitch.

The only player comfortable on the ball with the ability to receive, turn and accurately pass without falling over.

Find it difficult to understand why he was not brought on tonight, especially with Obafemi upfront. De Norre feeding Obafemi is one of the few moves we have in our limited goal threatening arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I think at the moment obafemi is only good for 45 minutes like last night , I'm afraid the young Irishman is not the answer ,looked clueless all half and wasted several good chances to run at their defence , de norre must be brought in to give some creativity in our boring midfield but is he a "harris" player ?,Fleming again disappeared but will still get a start on Saturday ,silly mistakes and poor passing was the reason we only got 1 point because they were there for the taking, must admit the fans were critical of the poor first half showing or lack of it esp attacking....we were clueless but turned it round with the sub , I think a bigger test on Saturday so something as to be worked out cause it's a games we must win

Selection has a lot to do with resting players. Obafemi took the goal well and actually showed me some pace for once. We do need to stop kicking the ball upfield to no one. At the end of the day we went there for a point and hoped for three. Not losing is all that matters right now.

I think at the moment obafemi is only good for 45 minutes like last night , I'm afraid the young Irishman is not the answer ,looked clueless all half and wasted several good chances to run at their defence , de norre must be brought in to give some creativity in our boring midfield but is he a "harris" player ?,Fleming again disappeared but will still get a start on Saturday ,silly mistakes and poor passing was the reason we only got 1 point because they were there for the taking, must admit the fans were critical of the poor first half showing or lack of it esp attacking....we were clueless but turned it round with the sub , I think a bigger test on Saturday so something as to be worked out cause it's a games we must win
Emakhu seemed a bit lethargic or disinterested to me. He needs to show more commitment to Harris if he wants first team football.

Short memories with Emakhu. When he got a run in the side during that good run over Christmas and New Year he looked electric and caused defenders so many problems.

Give him time if Harris does, but hopefully he starts to play him centrally over Longman.

Away games are not always the best test of players ability, we offered very little from midfield in terms of positive attacking play to build off of.

It’s alright saying Emakhu needs time but we haven’t got time to give, we players who can impact games now. He was miles off the pace in the first half almost to the point of being a liability, the difference between him and Obafemi was clear to see within minutes of the second half.

Think we should start with I'm Afobe then bring on Emakhu when the former is blowing out his arse. Neither of them are fully fit enough to do 90 mins in my opinion.
Our biggest problems are keeping hold of the ball ,passing/control ,finding space and trying to rush things when we start to go forward. Minor things really 🤣🤣. We need to get Casper back in to calm things down a bit ,but NH seems reluctant to break up Billy and Sav but I think he's gonna have to if we are going to try and play positively, we need to try and bang in a couple of goals a game so we don't let the opposition have a sniff. Think Brum will be a much tougher test than Rovers, I was quite surprised how fucking bad they were.
Just my ever so humble opinion.

The old adage is:
If it’s not broke don’t fix it
(admittedly slightly cracked for the equaliser)
Seven points from nine so far, so whatever our preferences I can’t see him changing a lot. Obafemi in for Emakhu & that’s about it.
Billy & Saville work well together despite Casper being a quality player. Didn’t Alf Ramsey leave Jimmy Greaves out of the World Cup final?

Last edited:
Again we have no outlet when we keep defending with 11 players, If Emakhu runs hell for leather with the ball and no one to pass too. Because all our players are 20 yards behind.

The old adage is:
If it’s not broke don’t fix it
(admittedly slightly cracked for the equaliser)
Seven points from nine so far, so whatever our preferences I can’t see him changing a lot. Obafemi in for Emakhu & that’s about it.
Billy & Saville work well together despite Casper being a quality player. Didn’t Alf Ramsey leave Jimmy Greaves out of the World Cup final?
Saville and Mitchell will be our Achilles heel because while we are dogged defensively, there is zero progression of the ball, composure or quality in the middle and final thirds coming from either of them.

Looking forward we must win games and to do that we must score goals.

When you look at the 4 goals we’ve scored under NH there’s an element of luck with all of them (ie 1st against Southampton - soft free-kick and appalling goalkeeping; 2nd a penalty; deflected free-kick v Watford and last night a lucky rebound gave Obafemi the chance to finish with aplomb).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with 7 points out of 9, but NH has to come up with a system/tactic that will increase our chances of scoring because if he doesn’t wins will not accrue and draws might not be enough to save us from the drop 🥲