Lions V Watford Match thread.

Honeyman was outstanding breaking up their play and tracking back. He used his experience well in the last 10 minutes to help run the clock down.

I think we should have left someone up front with pace at the end as we just invited them to attack.
Determined, gutsy, courageous performance but lacking attacking threat, composure, style and subtlety.

I thought Neil should have brought on Emakhu instead of Longman. We saw how Obafemi frightened the life out of them with his pace and I think Emakhu would have done the same.

Back 5 excellent; Saville and Honeyman very good; Flemming probably his best “team performance” this season and Obafemi promising.

Watmore and Billy not so good.

Great result👍

That was intense and a fucking terrible game from our perspective but we got 3 points and never looked like conceding

The players lack of confidence was there to see from about the 20th minute onwards

But that is back to back wins and anyone from 12 teams could end up in the last two relegation places

What we lacked in composure and confidence we more then made up for in grit and determination

A clean sheet at home and three points in the bag plus seeing us win at home in what feels like 100 hundred years means I am sitting on my sofa well chuffed

Rocking all over the world

Well done you lions and Super Neil Harris

Lions21 said:
Agreed. I’d have preferred to see Emakhu rather than Longman. He has serious pace. He played 45 mins for the u21’s in the week v ipswich so maybe he’s a tad unfit.

Early contender for Tosser of the year post.

Not been impressed by Pidgeon chest up front. Hook him and stick Emakhu on.

Bit harsh considering at 4:01 PM you agreed with me and wanted Emakhu on the pitch as well🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Millwall manager Neil Harris told BBC Radio London:

"I would like us to have played slightly better in my first home game back and got a second goal when Watmore went round the goalkeeper but ultimately we've got three points.

"That was a Millwall atmosphere, that was a Millwall performance and that was us as a football club coming together.

"I've come back to help the club and help this group of players be a Millwall team - there's so much we need to improve on but we've got so little time.

"At the moment, the focus is on the areas we can improve quickly and to win at Southampton in the manner we did, and to win today, we've had a good start."

"I would like us to have played slightly better in my first home game back and got a second goal when Watmore went round the goalkeeper but ultimately we've got three points.

"That was a Millwall atmosphere, that was a Millwall performance and that was us as a football club coming together.

"I've come back to help the club and help this group of players be a Millwall team - there's so much we need to improve on but we've got so little time.

"At the moment, the focus is on the areas we can improve quickly and to win at Southampton in the manner we did, and to win today, we've had a good start."
If only Edwards had adopted that pragmatic approach we’d be safe by now.
GR would have been proud of that performance today.

Watford head coach Valerien Ismael told BBC Three Counties Radio:

"We conceded a deflected goal and after that, there was nothing from the opponents.

Soppy cunt! He’ll be looking for a job soon.
I’d suggest he’d be better off as narrator of fairy stories!

Over on one of the Watford forums, someone said Watford were so bad he thought Millwall had gone home at half time because they had fuck all to do...
Perhaps Valerie should have a natter with his supporters because it seems they saw Watford for what they were - Pretty hopeless.
:grinning:

Lions21 said:
Agreed. I’d have preferred to see Emakhu rather than Longman. He has serious pace. He played 45 mins for the u21’s in the week v ipswich so maybe he’s a tad unfit.

Not been impressed by Pidgeon chest up front. Hook him and stick Emakhu on.

Bit harsh considering at 4:01 PM you agreed with me and wanted Emakhu on the pitch as well🤷🏻‍♂️
Sorry kidda was referin to the played 45 mins for the stiffs and was unfit.

Better than Winston!