Corners

HappyLion

Anyone watch the Liverpool game last night? During corners 4 pool players stood one behind the other with their arm on the player in fronts back. This stopped the oppo players getting between and doing the normal arms round from behind holding.

This had a second advantage. Defenders had to stand to one side or the other to the attackers. This means the pool players could break to the un-marked side.

Remember Grimsby late 70's I think, all standing together one behind tight against each other at the back edge of the D as their player they all just run in different directions, changing it each time think we lost 4-0 at least 3 from corners.
weirdly I never hear Harris out once

Anyone watch the Liverpool game last night? During corners 4 pool players stood one behind the other with their arm on the player in fronts back. This stopped the oppo players getting between and doing the normal arms round from behind holding.

This had a second advantage. Defenders had to stand to one side or the other to the attackers. This means the pool players could break to the un-marked side.

I bet Anfield must have been littered with Russell Martin's Toys and Dummy's this morning?

Remember Grimsby late 70's I think, all standing together one behind tight against each other at the back edge of the D as their player they all just run in different directions, changing it each time think we lost 4-0 at least 3 from corners.
weirdly I never hear Harris out once
Pool were between the penalty spot and the D. Not seen it that way before which caught my eye.

We need a different plan from our corners as they are predictable , let's try what Liverpool did and see what happens ,what have we got to lose to be honest

Pool were between the penalty spot and the D. Not seen it that way before which caught my eye.
Please don't refer to Liverpool as 'Pool'.
That implies a level of affection for them which they will never merit.

Whilst I might respect and even sometimes admire their football, and certainly praise their hard work, I could NEVER bring myself to accept anything that could be construed as affection.

Thank you. Please mind your language in future. :whist: :grinning: :whist::grinning:

We need a different plan from our corners as they are predictable , let's try what Liverpool did and see what happens ,what have we got to lose to be honest

Would like us to do what Steve Morison did to Bradford City in the Playoff Semi Final at Valley Parade. What a way to lose a marker.

Our dead balls yesterday, apart from the goal (that probably wouldn’t have gone in without the deflection) was appalling🤦‍♂️

It’s bad enough trying the same thing every time but professional players being repeatedly caught offside is unforgivable :shake:

A bit of variation in the next couple of games could return dividends but I won’t hold my breath 😞

“It’s bad enough trying the same thing every time but professional players being repeatedly caught offside is unforgivable” Not sure about that as you can’t be offside from a throw-in. Unless it was fir second phase play? 🤔

“It’s bad enough trying the same thing every time but professional players being repeatedly caught offside is unforgivable” Not sure about that as you can’t be offside from a throw-in. Unless it was for second phase play? 🤔
Agree you can’t be offside from a throw-in or a corner delivered directly into the box.

I was thinking primarily about free-kicks!

Watching the EFL and MOTD highlights I noticed several of the goals came from corners played short or back for a teammate to cross. If we did that it would give Cooper and Co more time to rid themselves of makers.

Give JE his due, there were some variations eg Leonard’s volleys from Honeyman’s corners but I’ll be surprised if Neil deviates from the floater aimed at Cooper 😞

Members online

No members online now.