POLL: Rowett return?

Rowett Returning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millwalljohn

Hypothetical obviously.. (and not disrespecting Neil Harris by any means) but in the light of Harris returning the thought crossed my mind at what others would have considered if this were an option.

If Rowett returning was a possibility (before we knew of Harris' return) for the remaining fixtures knowing how well he knows the squad, would you have welcomed this?

I’ve already posted elsewhere I’d gone for GR on a contract to the end of the season with a bonus if we stayed up.

GR knows the players and how to grind out results in the Championship.

I think he’d lost his way when he left but, perhaps, after his break he would have returned refreshed with some new ideas.

Anyway academic now 🤷‍♂️

I hope Neil proves me wrong but I’ve zero confidence he is the right appointment or will dig us out of the mire 😞

I’ve already posted elsewhere I’d gone for GR on a contract to the end of the season with a bonus if we stayed up.

I think he’d lost his way when he left but, perhaps, after his break he would have returned refreshed with some new ideas.

Anyway academic now 🤷‍♂️

I hope Neil proves me wrong but I’ve zero confidence he is the right appointment or will dig us out of the mire 😞
I totally understand your point but I hope people don't judge him after one game. We the know the kind of games we should be winning or struggling against... hopefully NH mixes the system up a bit so we are not so predictable but I feel 10 times more confident under NH than I did with JE.

It's a no from me, his style of football stopped me travelling to the den, like a few on here It's a long journey to not enjoy watching something.

Reactions: SE1
Yes those top half finishes and play off chases were boring me as well. I much prefer fighting relegation and looking out for Rotherham and Huddersfield’s results as well.
Part of the problem was that Rowett was scared of the threat of the mighty Rotherham. 5 at the back, 2 defensive midfielders and one up front who's job it was to run around a lot and hopefully stop their threat.

The reason Harris can come back is that there has a been a decent length of time since he was last here.
Rowett wasn't having a good season this year before he went, Norwich away was dreadful and something wasn't right that day, not that it excuses the abuse he got but it was right for him to go when he did and it would be far too soon to come back.

Part of the problem was that Rowett was scared of the threat of the mighty Rotherham. 5 at the back, 2 defensive midfielders and one up front who's job it was to run around a lot and hopefully stop their threat.
I’ve never understood that approach. Surely 451 is better if you are looking to go all out defend. Stopping the ball at source (in midfield) is better, why let them get the ball in our box in the first place where in the chaos it could fall to anyone or deflect into our net. Your also more likely to play them onside with 5 and if you do have a chance to counter it’s a lot harder with so many sitting deep.

Yes it was so negative that we beat Rotherham 3-0 when we played them. If that’s what supposedly being scared of the opposition brings I would take that at the moment to be honest.

Anyway academic now 🤷‍♂️

This (& I also posted something similar)
60% are saying no to GR but if this poll had been about Harris say on Monday it would have been 80% saying no.
Once they are appointed we have to get behind them of course (as the numbers in Peckham’s poll show)

Dont want Rowett anywhere near the club. As for nearly getting in top 6 that is muggy.
People forget Harris nearly did same, muggy also.

This (& I also posted something similar)
60% are saying no to GR but if this poll had been about Harris say on Monday it would have been 80% saying no.
Once they are appointed we have to get behind them of course (as the numbers in Peckham’s poll show)
I always get behind the team and stay to the final whistle of each match regardless of how well or badly they’ve played and will continue to do so but, sadly, this appointment doesn’t fill me with confidence and I think we are doomed 😞

If it’s proved I wrong I’ll be the first to put my hand up and acknowledge my misjudgment 👍

I always get behind the team and stay to the final whistle of each match regardless of how well or badly they’ve played and will continue to do so but, sadly, this appointment doesn’t fill me with confidence and I think we are doomed 😞

If it’s proved I wrong I’ll be the first to put my hand up and acknowledge my misjudgment 👍
The irony is that if we get relegated then NH might just be the man to get us back up again but if we stay up (think positive Purley) I think he will be out of his depth again :shrug:

I really look forward to you keeping your promise, for obvious reasons. Both hands? And how many fingers?

Yet we sold a record amount of season tickets and attendances are the highest since the 50s, Rowett should get some credit for this.
I'm not knocking him or his management, I just didn't enjoy watching it and found myself losing interest in the football didn't stop me watching it on the box just didn't have the energy to drive from Norfolk and back.