MillwallJohn

If you forget the amount of injuries and look at the team we put out we have hardly been weakened, the big squad has covered those injuries easily,
possibly JE is the man for that task, sadly he hasn't got the players to play that way, that style needs younger, fitter players who have a the brain capacity to play the modern game and adapt and it's not just the first team squad, it would mean the change of philosophy would need to implemented in the youth setup/coaches/managers that extends to the reserves as well...All that takes time and money and the right people running the club.

We may have a big squad, but as 'Partisan' in the post above has pointed out, some of those players are lacking in what is required to play in the style and formation JE wants. An that's the problem, JE doesn't/wont/cant adapt a style to suit those players that arguably, GR did. He's not going to change or compromise, so we will be relegated.

He has his principles and a football philosophy which he has used for years and which he believes in, the question is? Do the board share those same views?
I suppose we will find out after Saturday.

n that's the problem, JE doesn't/wont/cant adapt a style to suit those players
If he can't adapt to how Rowett had them playing he needs to get himself down the job centre and see if the circus needs a clown.

He has his principles and a football philosophy which he has used for years and which he believes in,
Coaching 8 year olds and elite youth. Who's gonna tell him? Me or you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:grinning:

If he can't adapt to how Rowett had them playing he needs to get himself down the job centre and see if the circus needs a clown.

Coaching 8 year olds and elite youth. Who's gonna tell him? Me or you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think it's best 'MillwallJohn' tells him. After all, it's his thread and we don't want to step on his toes.

Come on fella that is not the case. Middlesboro spent more on a defender than we did all summer. Our budget is £5 million other clubs blow that away.
Think my brain did one on me there. What I was implying is that little teams like us have to sell our best players to keep afloat, always have done, like most or all championship clubs.

That's a myth mate. Go check the stats, Edwards should be given time? What for mate? He isn't up to it simple as that and no manager gets to buy himself a new team. Blame what and who you like but he ain't the answer,
You know I like opinions it’s the forum. Keeps us busy indoors. So the national team job albeit caretaker gives him no status.?

Appreciate the pun but in my 70+ years of watching the Lions I can’t remember a season when we were so badly impacted by injuries and absolutely no luck 🍀 🤷‍♂️
Well the Cup final springs to mind?
How many players are actually missing?
Hutchinson who is probably past his sell date
Leonard was out but he’s cost us 3 or 4 goals since he’s come back.
Nisbet who hasn’t exactly pulled up any trees
Bradshaw was a loss although he was only starting on the bench behind Nisbet for some reason
Longman whose body language looks like he doesn’t want to be here
Emakhu who doesn’t always start
Saville missed a couple but can’t get a start under JE
Bryan missed three because of his suspension but he’s another one that only tries when he wants to
Ok, maybe you win & there was more than I thought but if you look at the line ups on Flash Scores (at the bottom) the opposition often has as many players missing as us

We may have a big squad, but as 'Partisan' in the post above has pointed out, some of those players are lacking in what is required to play in the style and formation JE wants. An that's the problem, JE doesn't/wont/cant adapt a style to suit those players that arguably, GR did. He's not going to change or compromise, so we will be relegated.

He has his principles and a football philosophy which he has used for years and which he believes in, the question is? Do the board share those same views?
I suppose we will find out after Saturday.
We don't have 11 players who have the skills needed for Edwards to play his style of football and win games so the injuries are irrelevant as whoever comes in isn't that different to who is injured.
We did show a little change on Saturday, no messing around at the back and going more direct but he didn't change the players getting forward any differently.
Even a simple thing like letting Leonard move into midfield when we are attacking to allow De Norre to get into the box would be a positive change.

You know I like opinions it’s the forum. Keeps us busy indoors. So the national team job albeit caretaker gives him no status.?
He isn't a Championship manager at the moment, whether he ever becomes a good enough one remains to be seen.
He might become a great assistant in the Premiership one day, he might become one of England's best coaches but at the moment he cannot manage.
If somehow he is given time with us and gets us to stay up and go on to do well, then great but as of today he is about to ruin the club with his inability to manage us in the Championship.

So the national team job albeit caretaker gives him no status.?
What's that supposed to mean? Ian Holloway had status after two stints in the premier league and look how that ended up.

Edwards was Lampards coach at Everton, that went well didn't it. Where is he going to get the players talented enough to play his ' brand ' in league one? Genuine question mate.

What's that supposed to mean? Ian Holloway had status after two stints in the premier league and look how that ended up.

Edwards was Lampards coach at Everton, that went well didn't it. Where is he going to get the players talented enough to play his ' brand ' in league one? Genuine question mate.
Academy maybe.

Academy maybe.
We're bottom feeders when it comes to recruitment at all levels.The new training ground and academy was so we can try and get some of the cream young players which would suit Edwards style but relegation will definitely postpone that even further with lack of money from the championship and gates. Someone at the club had a brainstorm to try and implement Edwards style with these players who struggle with with the basics and to do it mid season was lunacy.

Academy maybe.
Funny you say that because i say the same about Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard. Great players with much to pass on to much younger players but not cut out for day to day management of players who are know where near the standard that they were. Must be difficult, a bit strange and somewhat frustrating for such naturally gifted footballers when trying to coach players with limitations.

Funny you say that because i say the same about Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard. Great players with much to pass on to much younger players but not cut out for day to day management of players who are know where near the standard that they were. Must be difficult, a bit strange and somewhat frustrating for such naturally gifted footballers when trying to coach players with limitations.
I believe that's where hoddle struggled at club level , he'd forgotten more than they knew.

Someone at the club had a brainstorm to try and implement Edwards style with these players who struggle with with the basics and to do it mid season was lunacy.
Yes it does make you wonder why nobody at board level clocked that.

I;m glad he's gone because i was starting to hate him and i didn't want that to happen. Great intentions but way out of his depth., in my opinion. I don't think he was going to revert to type and play the game that suits the players best.

I don't buy into the idea that he needed a transfer window or two to get the team he wants. You simply don't get the time to do that and i'm not even sure he'd have ever built a team that suited him but with a budget that doesn't buy you those type of players.

Rowett was correct all along. Give me top ten finishes and flirting with the play offs on his shit football over what's currently being served up. It's a results business after all.

I believe that's where hoddle struggled at club level , he'd forgotten more than they knew.
Thanks mate, the one i forgot. Was scratching my nut thinking who the other example was along with Gerrard etc. I read an article on him years ago which said he wanted to be the best player in training even as a manager and ridiculed younger players that couldn't do what he naturally could and with his eyes shut.

Yes it does make you wonder why nobody at board level clocked that.

I;m glad he's gone because i was starting to hate him and i didn't want that to happen. Great intentions but way out of his depth., in my opinion. I don't think he was going to revert to type and play the game that suits the players best.

I don't buy into the idea that he needed a transfer window or two to get the team he wants. You simply don't get the time to do that and i'm not even sure he'd have ever built a team that suited him but with a budget that doesn't buy you those type of players.

Rowett was correct all along. Give me top ten finishes and flirting with the play offs on his shit football over what's currently being served up. It's a results business after all.
To be fair Edwards probably be out of his comfort zone setting the side up any other way. That's not on him that's on the club. Now they have done a polar opposite again. To be honest it's comical how incompetent whole lot of them are. I think we'll get a bit of gung- ho with super Neil which will liven the den up least. If we're gonna go down go down laughing.