Team v Owls

JE has dropped and moved around just about every player other than Cooper. If he is still experimenting, maybe it's his time for the bench?

I like Cooper, but he hasn't really been on his game these last few weeks. He looks nervy, ponderous and generally uncomfortable (for whatever reasons). Maybe Hutch not playing has something to do with it?
Who knows... We just really need the three points though.
He has benched all barring Cooper you're right. I think Hutch has been the better defender of the 2 when played together the last couple of seasons, he clears up so much and wins nearly everything in the air. Whilst juicy hoofs the ball 90 yards off the pitch.

We have a load of defensive coaches at the club which does make me wonder why he is struggling as much as he is of late, so perhaps a big factor is that partnership with Hutch or Ballard is being missed? Handful of our defenders have been off the boil for a while.

So far, due to not getting to games I have not actually seen wall lose. So I am thinking its because they are dissapointed I am not there. I can make the game now and I expect us to score a mimimum of 4 goals in a win followed by Quo smashing out 'rocking all over the world'.
That'll make all happy Happy! 😉😁

One of the most important games in Millwall's history. If it goes wrong tomorrow I'm afraid it's the big "R" at the end of the season 😭

Sarkic (don't think he's as bad as many who post on here)

Tanga (similarly don't think he's as bad as many who post on here), Lenny, Cooper (lucky to survive), Wallace (Bryan suspended)

Honeyman, De Norre, Saville

Flemming

Obafemi, Tom

Let's gamble and attack with 2 frontmen and Flemming (he's got to deliver soon).

A bit of risky with just Honeyman, De Norre and Saville but if H & S sit in front of Lenny and Cooper, hopefully we can handle anything Wednesday can throw at us 🙏🙏

Are you telling me that he can't get the players that could defend but know can't to defend again? Why could they defend before he took over? Genuine question mate cause these are the same players that never struggled previously.
Cooper needs his mate along side him , also just my thoughts, I think he's trying to think a couple of moves ahead when defending, whereas previously under GR it was win the header / tackle and get rid. Danny just not consistent enough even under GR ,and Murray cannot be faulted for effort but I think this season time has caught up with him sadly. Bryan again ,good one week ,two Bob the next (when he ain't injured/suspended) Midfielders and or wingback not tracking back consistently ain't helping.
That fucking word , consistent/cy , is running rife through the players this year ,who knows the fucking reason for it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

After a Wednesday wipeout Joe will need all his skills tactics, motivation and team selection to produce some success on Saturday. This is as big a six pointer than we have faced for several seasons and it will be a big test. I only saw the first half in the Sunshine State before going with Mrs Silver for a Valentine’s Day meal but there was enough evidence in the first 45 to show that we were second best all over the field. Make no mistake that they are a decent outfit who move the ball well and play fluent joined up football. By contrast we lacked confidence and fluency and played like a pub team at the back. We need to turn this around quickly before it spirals out of control and we get nothing from this encounter with our fellow strugglers. They have a point to prove after we put four past them in the reverse fixture and they will be up for it big time as they are deeper in the brown stuff than we are.
We do not have the luxury of a big squad which is depleted with injuries and suspension so we will just have the make the best of what we have got. Is this a case of changing the keeper who has let in six goals over the past two games or give him a chance to make amends. Bart is waiting if Joe chooses to make a change, It’s a tough call. Who knows the injury situation with BNC so maybe Danny keeps his place. If that is the case then play four at the back with Leonard and Cooper in the middle and Murray on the left.
It did look like a mistake to bench Casper so he should return with Sav and Honeyman in a middle three. Flem could play right with Mayor left and Tom leading the line. Or maybe Esse right with Flem left and Oba leading the line.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Leonard Cooper Murray
Honeyman Sav Casper
Esse Tom Flem

Subs Shark Wes BNC Billy Campbell Watmore Emakhu Oba Mayor
While he wasn't the only one, but as its mentioned in the line-up, can't for the life of me think why anyone would want Saville in a midfield 3 if we want to win the game.

He was absolutely woeful that first half on Saturday, game was gone by second half. No way he gets a new contract next year either. Pony

Are you telling me that he can't get the players that could defend but know can't to defend again? Why could they defend before he took over? Genuine question mate cause these are the same players that never struggled previously.
See exactly what you’re saying mate it is a mystery this bad defending, but a lot to consider. Our defence is aging, none have been quick and the game now has picked up pace. Missing hutch arguably makes cooper less reliable and possibly less well positioned. The fact previously their sole aim was to clear the ball maybe meant speed and fitness was less of a requirement, now pass movement and touch is imperative. Might be too hard for a leopard to change its spots. All JE is doing is what most managers adopt now, it’s risky, especially if you haven’t got a good first touch, or can pass the ball with your first touch. It seems our costly errors seem to be being made by the older players. Just maybe from coaching youngsters brought up on one touch passing football he’s expecting experienced pros to do it easier. My opinion a new empire needs building with youth, but here’s hoping we stay up and JE starts to evolve the team by blooding youth, and mid twenty players. Our old method of 25% possession, blocking, hoofing then scoring from a set piece to win 1/0 is not sustainable to achieve success. All my opinion.

He has benched all barring Cooper you're right. I think Hutch has been the better defender of the 2 when played together the last couple of seasons, he clears up so much and wins nearly everything in the air. Whilst juicy hoofs the ball 90 yards off the pitch.

We have a load of defensive coaches at the club which does make me wonder why he is struggling as much as he is of late, so perhaps a big factor is that partnership with Hutch or Ballard is being missed? Handful of our defenders have been off the boil for a while.
It has been said elsewhere that Coops has had very serious personal issues away from the game. I know not what.

Missing hutch arguably makes cooper less reliable and possibly less well positioned. The fact previously their sole aim was to clear the ball maybe meant speed and fitness was less of a requirement, now pass movement and touch is imperative.
Agreed mate. They never trained/ drilled for speed but block and clear. It's now proving to be a huge problem.

My opinion a new empire needs building with youth, but here’s hoping we stay up and JE starts to evolve the team by blooding youth, and mid twenty players. Our old method of 25% possession, blocking, hoofing then scoring from a set piece to win 1/0 is not sustainable to achieve success.
It is but perhaps Edwards can put that on hold until he has the players to do so cause it's clear that some players are to old or incapable of adapting.