Play Cooper up front!

Lion-in-exile

I'm only half joking, having 1 little bloke running around a lot ain't ever gonna work!

With some truly shocking squad management we've managed to go into the last half of the season with barely a striker worthy of the name at the club!!

These players are never gonna be able to play the slick passing football JE wants, so play to the few strengths they do have!

We've got to kick bollock and bite our way out of this mess, but Cooper up front with Bradshaw or Obafemi and play direct football!!!

Repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome is the first sign of insanity!!!

Mate come on, throwing your 6ft plus CB up front is the mentality of a Sunday morning pub side. To play up front in the modern game needs supreme athleticism, agility, intelligence and ability. Cooper is the most immobile player in the squad with the turning circle of the HMS Ark Royal and the first touch of Ted Bundy.

The championship is one of the most ultra competitive leagues in the world with squads and players worth tens of millions. It might have been an idea if it were 1974 and we were still playing against alcoholics who’s pre match preparation consisted of a steak Diane and several pints of Watneys pale ale.

*Half joking* aside...Cooper up front?
There's fourteen games to go, not fourteen minutes...
Fuck me, I've heard it all now.

Cooper is our top hoofballer. If he's up front, who's going to step up and take over the role of chief hoofballer?

:grinning:

Last edited:
I'm only half joking, having 1 little bloke running around a lot ain't ever gonna work!

With some truly shocking squad management we've managed to go into the last half of the season with barely a striker worthy of the name at the club!!

These players are never gonna be able to play the slick passing football JE wants, so play to the few strengths they do have!

We've got to kick bollock and bite our way out of this mess, but Cooper up front with Bradshaw or Obafemi and play direct football!!!
Shouldn't be in the team at all let alone up top

At least he couldn't fuck up at the back...

We have seen time and time again. Coops is not a left back in a 3 but plays best in a partnership at centre back with someone like Hutch or Leonard in a back 4. I just cannot understand how the backroom staff who surely know this don’t point it out.

Last edited:
Cooper struggles to play in his own position and cannot remember the last time he won a ball from a corner etc , tried to be Tony towner for their first goal and got robbed ,declined to take out the player running through on Saturday for Coventry 2nd goal , needed to concentrate on his job but his get to g found out to often now

Mate come on, throwing your 6ft plus CB up front is the mentality of a Sunday morning pub side. To play up front in the modern game needs supreme athleticism, agility, intelligence and ability. Cooper is the most immobile player in the squad with the turning circle of the HMS Ark Royal and the first touch of Ted Bundy.

The championship is one of the most ultra competitive leagues in the world with squads and players worth tens of millions. It might have been an idea if it were 1974 and we were still playing against alcoholics who’s pre match preparation consisted of a steak Diane and several pints of Watneys pale ale.
Those were the days. Football has been ruined by fitness.

Cooper struggles to play in his own position and cannot remember the last time he won a ball from a corner etc , tried to be Tony towner for their first goal and got robbed ,declined to take out the player running through on Saturday for Coventry 2nd goal , needed to concentrate on his job but his get to g found out to often now
Our most consistent, reliable player over last few years doesn't become shit overnight. Edwards has one fucking job this season and that is to keep us up. If he hasn't got the players to play how he wants then he should be playing them to their strengths until he gets his own squad.
Hes inept and all the modern spiel wont change that.