Rowett Out!

Players are poor, squad lacks pace, quality and guile, but we should be better than that tonight. Ipswich strolled to victory. Never seen a coach so out of his depth since Nicholl
Yep. That's the same poor players lacking pace, quality and guile that were one result away from making the play offs last season. Gary Rowett - your football is shit*

Yep. That's the same poor players lacking pace, quality and guile that were one result away from making the play offs last season. Gary Rowett - your football is shit*
not just one result, we were 20 minutes away.

the complete reveresal of what we were to what we currently are makes me feel a bit sick tbh.

talk about not playing to our strenghts and our weaknesses.

not just one result, we were 20 minutes away.

the complete reveresal of what we were to what we currently are makes me feel a bit sick tbh.

talk about not playing to our strenghts and our weaknesses.
Is almost like Rowett's success was his downfall; he got an average group of players (which lets be honest is what we are - one 'big' signing off 2mil ish, the rest picked up for comparably small fees and the squad relying heavily on loanees) getting above average results. Some people didn't see it like this and thought the results showed an above average group of players that could be playing better. They got the opportunity to experiment with that theory and as a result we are now in a relegation dogfight for the rest of the season that, in my opinion, if we don't get a manager with a bit of experience in pronto, we will be lucky to survive.

Rowett could see the writing on the wall, he knows his brand of football is pretty tedious to watch but more often than not affective.

Some on here are under the illusion that because a few idiots sang his football is shit at Norwich (While watching a truly appalling display) GR got down in the dumps and decided he couldn't handle a bit of abuse.

I ain't fucking having that, he could see that the Championship this season would be a completely different beast to last season, he has said on numerous occasions he knew that his time at the club had run it's course (I'm fed up of hearing, "Yeah, but this group of players were 30 minutes away from the play offs") The Championship this season is a yard quicker and the teams that came down and came up are far stronger than in previous seasons.

GR knew this and without a big investment in the team we would struggle and found a way out. We have been awful since the back end of last season and most of this, I still think if GR was still here we wouldn't be much higher in the league than we are now! (GR and JE have similar points totals this season).

It was a brave but naive appointment with JE, we lose on Saturday and he will be gone, JB was at the game yesterday, who we get in after JE is another thing, I'd give Nugent the job until the end of the season!!

Some blame GR and now some are blaming JE for the predicament the team finds itself in, but what input is AB having in helping JE?.
If it's anyone who knows the players weaknesses and strengths it should be him and advising JE, to the point where he should be saying "Let's get to end the end of the season blah blah blah.
Set piece expert and all that, we haven't been effective for yonks with corners and free kicks, even Tony Craig last night saw that Cooper for instance should be used as a decoy and the players should try something different etc...All one dimensional and no plan B, C right through to Z...

Or is AB waiting for another (4th) chance?.
I'm as fucked off as anyone and just gonna call him a snake in the grass, maybe unwarranted, but there you go.

Staff online

Members online