Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's great. The next Sir Alex Ferguson apparently, and obviously that imminent success will be with us coz no-one else will appoint him (many would think - though I wouldn't dare suggest).

Our piss poor form and glaring lack of any points is, apparently, nothing to do with JE, it's all because of the dreadful abilities of our players who just missed out on the playoffs for the last 2 seasons 🙄 🤔

The players, the fans and the hierarchy are clearly stiming JE's genius football managerial talents.

We are truly lucky to have this genius

Those arguing it was wrong to appoint JE should note that the Ipswich manager’s previous experience is Spurs U18, Man Utd U18 and Man Utd Assistant Manager (to Jose Mourinho - not know for his flowing football 😉).

McKenna, like JE, had not managed a club prior to Ipswich nor played senior football, so the main difference is he had the chance to build his team in League One and not the Championship 🤷‍♂️
So the conclusion should have been that the C'ship is the wrong place to gamble with appointing a manager with no prior experience?

Yes, he doesn’t seem to be learning anything and has had long enough to do so. Any other manager in the country on a run like this would be expecting that phone call.

After the Hull game Edwards stated fine margins and went on to say no one has over run us as we have lost by the odd goal and on another day we could had won.
On Sunday we looked good for 20-25 minutes and then we were over run for the rest of the game, last night we looked good for 15 minutes and then were humiliated for the rest of the game, saturday is not just about getting a result its about showing some pride and passion as well.
Unless we have someone lined up already it would be pointless and defeatist to get rid of him now.

I’m willing to give it 90 minutes vs Sheffield Wednesday, anything other than a dominant performance and a comfortable win will just be a temporary stop gap in my opinion. On current form I just cannot see us taking points in crucial games against Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham let alone vs multi million pound outfits Southampton, Leicester and Leeds.

It was a bold decision at least by the club to appoint Edwards but with every passing match it is being shown up as the absolute folly it was to give the job to someone with zero professional first team management experience. I’m afraid that a lot of our notoriously thick fans fell into the Charlton/Curbishley trap of thinking that we were bigger and better than what we actually were and this is the endgame, a relegation battle.

I take no pleasure in making these points, I like Edwards and he is obviously doing his absolute best to reverse our fortunes but we must be very near the point of admitting a huge mistake. Rumours were abound last night at the ground that he has already been pulled by the board and given a stay of execution. It pains me to say it but I can only see one outcome within the next few days or weeks.

It was a brave decision based on bringing in new ideas in a modern football and imo the right way to go - last night was a nightmare of epic proportions - but it took George Graham a few months to get started who was just as much a gamble, the Championship is a tough place to learn - personally I'd rather risk relegation with the belief we can avoid it to grow into something special rather than take on a dinosaur to get a consistent 45 -50 points a season and early exit from cups

The crowd can play a part Sat by getting behind the team and with the players help create the same atmosphere as we had v Norwich a win Sat could take us up 4 or 5 places - lets hope and pray Wednesday are as bad as they look

Good point made there Purley .
But do you think we the fans will give him time or JB for that matter?🤷‍♂️
My gut-feeling is he will be successful with a fully fit squad and the right players. He won’t get the latter until next season at the earliest, so we have to pray the current bunch of injuries clear up ASAP.

He needs to settle on a set system and as near as regular starting lineup for things to improve. Can’t keep chopping and changing.

Our crowd are unforgiving, if results don’t improve soon I can see them forcing him out the door 😞

The worrying part is that we have a team who are not good under pressure (for some reason) the last six games of last season where the play offs should have been a formality and they blew it, the total capitulation in many games where when things don't go their way they fold like a pack of cards, they are weak in both attack and defence, the midfield create little.

Alex Ferguson has been mentioned a few times and In my opinion we need a manager who will throw a few f***s into them, get them in for extra training on days off and drop players out of form, ie make life uncomfortable for them when they don't perform.

It seems like our team are too "comfortable" win lose or draw.

What are the backroom staff doing? Is Edwards not listening? Barrett must have seen by now a lone striker does not work. He knows Fleming is better in the centre close to Bradshaw rather than playing out wide (Fleming has even said it himself). He knows Cooper is great in a central defensive partnership rather than being played left back in a 3 being pulled out wide and roasted when he’s needed in the box. He knows McNamara cannot cross it but is a solid right back on his day, not a midfielder. He must know we need pace up front…… I thought we should have gone for Warnock until the end of the season or for Jones ex Luton (whose style is more direct and would fit our players ability immediately albeit he likes 3 at the back).

My gut-feeling is he will be successful with a fully fit squad and the right players. He won’t get the latter until next season at the earliest, so we have to pray the current bunch of injuries clear up ASAP.

He needs to settle on a set system and as near as regular starting lineup for things to improve. Can’t keep chopping and changing.

Our crowd are unforgiving, if results don’t improve soon I can see them forcing him out the door 😞
Which will happen on Saturday if we lose or draw.

No. I was pissed off with the way GR was treated and thought he did a really good job for us pushing for the play offs without the risk of relegation battles. Unfortunately the football was defensive and safety first leading to abuse and exit.
With JE the board took a gamble so in my opinion should back him because even though the big risk of relegation could become a reality that's exactly what a gamble is.
At times the football has been some of the best I've seen from us for years so I think we should stick with him. When JE arrived many on here said give him time to develop his squad/team over time as long as we stay up. Well we ain't down and I think we will stay up.

JE needs help and fast get someone in who knows the division
who can help him set us up for whoever we are playing not just trying the same thing week after week

or if not he's got to go we can't keep on like this

Status
Not open for further replies.