Paul merson

Don’t remember it just being for Merson although most people did applaud Portsmouth at the end of the game but I can also recall some of our fans being unhappy about it and it nearly coming to blows

Cambridge got applauded off after they drew 1-1 at the Den in the Cup. Their players looked very surprised. In the replay they beat us thanks to a comical own goal from Dave Thompson that Keith Branagan let in inexplicably. Some young looking Cambridge fans invaded the pitch at the end and some of them applauded our fans I suppose to return the gesture. Our fans told them in no uncertain terms to fuck off. A massive bloke standing near me leapt onto the fence, shouting "Come on 'Wall" inviting others to join him on the pitch. His hands were pissing blood where he was gripping the barbed wire at the top of the fence. His mate said to him "Leave off. They all look about 10."

Don’t remember it just being for Merson although most people did applaud Portsmouth at the end of the game but I can also recall some of our fans being unhappy about it and it nearly coming to blows
It was definitely just for him. He was subbed off towards the end of the game. I joined in with the applause and doubt I'll ever do that again. He was awesome that day *

It was definitely just for him. He was subbed off towards the end of the game. I joined in with the applause and doubt I'll ever do that again. He was awesome that day *

Yes, definitely just for him. He was incredible that day. I think as Millwall fans we recognise someone with skill but also someone who isn't arrogant or flash with it. I have never seen an ovation like it for a non-Millwall player.

Interesting that he says ever since then he always looks out for our results.

The game i remember (was at this one and Merson was brilliant) more was the youth FA cup game against Man Utd when they had all their future stars playing but one stood out above everyone on the pitch, all our lot were shouting "break the Ginger ***** legs"
Paul Scholes was pure class when he was young and went on to have a great career.

I remember he was getting stick at White Hart Lane, you fat c*** etc. Then he shoved the ball up his shirt, brilliant.
He then marked out the goal with his hands and stuck it in our top corner, shut 7500 of us up. Unbelievable moment, just to be there and I was giving it as big as anyone. ..,😂😂

I remember the game well and Merson was a class above, even at his age. If i remember the game correctly as well, Yakubu hit the bar with a shot and the goal seemed like it was still rattling about 10 minutes later. Merson definitely got the ovation for himself when he was subbed off

I was at that game and remember being fucking outrage as it was the first time I had ever seen a player take the free kick before the whistle went

Yeah it was a quality shot but 30 odd years later it still gives me the hump

I am sure it was at the Den when we were shouting you fat cunt that Gazza put the ball up his shirt

He was quality though and just loved to play never rolled around on the ground when he got fouled which was all the time as well

I was at that game and remember being fucking outrage as it was the first time I had ever seen a player take the free kick before the whistle went

Yeah it was a quality shot but 30 odd years later it still gives me the hump

I am sure it was at the Den when we were shouting you fat cunt that Gazza put the ball up his shirt

He was quality though and just loved to play never rolled around on the ground when he got fouled which was all the time as well
Was at their place when he put the ball up his shirt, same game as when he scored the free kick when no one was ready and the whistle hadn't gone.