John Berylson Way

It's a goer! 👍
Millwall Football Club is delighted to announce that Zampa Road, which leads to The Den’s main entrance, has now officially been renamed to ‘John Berylson Way’.

The move is part of the club’s long-term plans to commemorate the life of its former chairman and to remember the remarkable impact John had on Millwall, its supporters, staff, and the local community.

The club would like to place on record its immense gratitude to both Southwark and Lewisham Councils for their assistance and support in ratifying the name change, and to all the fans and local residents who wrote in with their backing for the move.

Millwall’s new address, from today, is The Den, John Berylson Way, London SE16 3LN.

This Saturday’s home fixture against Preston North End marks the club’s annual Memorial Day, where we pause to remember all those from the Millwall family whose lives were lost in the previous year.

Fittingly, chairman James Berylson – John’s son – will be in attendance, and will lead an unveiling ceremony of the new road sign at 1.30pm, which supporters are invited to attend. This will take place outside the main entrance to the car park, where a wall has been built adorned with the club’s new address.

The club would like to publicly thank the Millwall Supporters’ Club, who have covered the considerable costs of this project with monies generated from their ‘JGB’ commemorative badge sales last summer, which had been added to the John Berylson Legacy Fund.

“On behalf of my family, I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to the change of road name,” James said.

“As I have said in the past, my dad absolutely adored Millwall, the fans, his staff, and all those associated with the club, and to have his name on road signs outside The Den, and in the address, is very moving for my family and I. It is something he would have been immeasurably proud of.

“We are very grateful to the Supporters’ Club for co-ordinating the funding used here, and of course the fans who have contributed to raising that money, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the unveiling ceremony on Saturday.”