The Lions V The Foxes- FA cup 3rd round match thread- 12.30 KO

@Poplar Lion thanks for all the updates in play mush. Much appreciated and more so since i ain't been able to get down there. Reckon you'd make a good radio commentator cause you paint a good picture of what's happening on the pitch 👍👍

And @robbo555 too as always but you swear a bit too much for me* :hehe::hehe:
You're very welcome. Know there was limited coverage for some today so thought it might help a bit.

Just got home. If we play like that every game for the rest of the season we will do well. They took their chances clinically but how many chances did we create with some really good football. Only downside was Lenny going off injured. Thought Longman did well when he came on though.

So many decent performances, motm should be shared.

hopefully Joe has educated him into being a footballer, it definitely showed.
I think me and you spoke about Danny Mac, Emakhu, Esse and Mitchell recently and how they could possibly benefit from the coaching/ teaching that Edwards is noted for. The team are clearly improving and bit by bit so are individual players. Just reading the match threads you can sense the impression that Edwards has made. Even today at 2-0 down instead of us effing and blinding and blowing a gasket the consensus was that it was good to watch. Am looking forward to De Norre being available again soon because he is a real talent and what we were missing.

Again a lot of really enjoyable, flowing football. In no way did a Premiershit team outclass us, except in the final area. No doubt GR was successful in grinding out results, but being truthful, the only thing I've enjoyed in the last year of watching Millwall has been seeing my mates. That's always been a good enough reason to go, but now I'm starting to enjoy the football too.

I think me and you spoke about Danny Mac, Emakhu, Esse and Mitchell recently and how they could possibly benefit from the coaching/ teaching that Edwards is noted for. The team are clearly improving and bit by bit so are individual players. Just reading the match threads you can sense the impression that Edwards has made. Even today at 2-0 down instead of us effing and blinding and blowing a gasket the consensus was that it was good to watch. Am looking forward to De Norre being available again soon because he is a real talent and what we were missing.
Yes agree with that. Those youngsters can only improve under JE and it will be interesting watching their progress.
I, like you can't wait to see De Norre available again. We have some talented players in the squad and hopefully we will soon be a force to be reckoned with.
I'm not one of those who says "It's only the cup" if we get beat. Although it has lost some of its glamour from years back, it's still competitive, and there's nothing like seeing our mighty Lions win a game.
Wins breed wins and I never want to see us lose. I'm proud of the lads today for the effort they put in especially after falling behind twice. We came out of the ground after the game not feeling like we'd lost, but happy with the effort on the pitch. That's all you ask for. COYL! !!

Again a lot of really enjoyable, flowing football. In no way did a Premiershit team outclass us, except in the final area. No doubt GR was successful in grinding out results, but being truthful, the only thing I've enjoyed in the last year of watching Millwall has been seeing my mates. That's always been a good enough reason to go, but now I'm starting to enjoy the football too.
Started off with a very lucky goal if anyone remembers. Can’t remember who but we were breaking and a forward pass of ours out of defence hit Mitchell on his back and rebounded straight to one of theirs. Basically 1-0. Very unfortunate.

Spot on mate, it’s early I know but the transformation at the moment is bordering on ridiculous. Coops went forward today and ended up as a left winger. His left foot must be so grateful for not being used as a sledgehammer every game. We are by no means perfect and we will never be, but the last few games I don’t see us losing let alone getting battered. All done on the back of injuries and odd suspension. I’d be surprised if one wall supporter hasn’t admired our play last few games. I know we still lack goals from our forwards, the multiple type but not sure how Joe can change too much of an instinctive characteristic. He might adapt our attacking intent to supply them or change the personnel, time will tell. Anyway I for one is more than happy. Hopefully good times are around the corner.

Started off with a very lucky goal if anyone remembers. Can’t remember who but we were breaking and a forward pass of ours out of defence hit Mitchell on his back and rebounded straight to one of theirs. Basically 1-0. Very unfortunate.
Flemming’s pass hit the back of Nisbet🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Nearly perfect today, looked a player.
I think his positioning in the build up to their 1st two goals was suss (albeit poor passes from Zian and George presented them with the ball in the first place 🤦‍♂️), still gets caught in possession too often and once his head goes down misses opportunities to play an obvious killer ball (eg 10 minutes in, breaks forward promising 👍, and with Watmore or Danny in acres of space on the right, cuts to the left, loses the ball and they break promisingly 🤷‍♂️).

Think he’s improved recently but still don’t think he’s got it 😞

I think his positioning in the build up to their 1st two goals was suss (albeit poor passes from Zian and George presented them with the ball in the first place 🤦‍♂️), still gets caught in possession too often and once his head goes down misses opportunities to play an obvious killer ball (eg 10 minutes in, breaks forward promising 👍, and with Watmore or Danny in acres of space on the right, cuts to the left, loses the ball and they break promisingly 🤷‍♂️).

Think he’s improved recently but still don’t think he’s got it 😞
At least we can always debate how good we both think he is. One day he’ll score a corker.

Members online