Formation for home games - Poll

For home games, should we continue playing 3 centre backs in a back 5, or change to a traditional ba

Votes: 49 86.0%

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not my job, trust the manager.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
What about an ols school 2-3-5

or 3-5-2 dominate the mid field and flatten anyone skipping down the wings.
I like 3-5-2 but we need someone like Cresswell who step out from defence and feed midfield or supply accurate diagonal passes to the wing. Bryan and Danny are fit enough to get forward and track back when the oppo counter.

I like 3-5-2 but we need someone like Cresswell who step out from defence and feed midfield or supply accurate diagonal passes to the wing. Bryan and Danny are fit enough to get forward and track back when the oppo counter.
Who would you pick to play in the 3 because the 3 currently picked are unfortunately not quick enough to cover the spaces out wide once the oppo play the ball in behind the wingbacks. I’m assuming Leonard would be one.

Who would you pick to play in the 3 because the 3 currently picked are unfortunately not quick enough to cover the spaces out wide once the oppo play the ball in behind the wingbacks. I’m assuming Leonard would be one.
Exactly and that’s why I mentioned Cresswell.

My back 3 would be Leonard Cooper (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Evans!
Evans ain't a midfielder, I think he is much better suited to play CB in a back 5, doesn't panic with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass!

My back 3 would be Leonard Cooper (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Evans!
Evans ain't a midfielder, I think he is much better suited to play CB in a back 5, doesn't panic with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass!
To be fair although I will never think 3 centre backs is good for us your comments on Evans echo mine. He is never a midfielder as he is not quick enough but he seems to me to be a ball playing centre back like Scott Fitzgerald was.

We certainly need a few at the back that can pass the ball. Cooper is a solid defender but not comfortable with the ball at his feet. Possibly why he hasn't played at a higher level.

Members online