Millwall

Peckham Lion

Staff member
The phone calls and texts have been bouncing about today between my lot as no doubt they have been with you. Got the clobber ready, odd goose bump and twitch in the stomach cause tomorrow i will be at my second home with my life long mates and there off spring and the future that keeps the conveyor belt going. The conveyor belt that has churned out thousands of amazing , unique, loyal, passionate and decent people- Milwall supporters.

We argue like brother and sister, stand side by side when the chips are down and dig deep and answer the call when a fellow lion is in need. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like not being able to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm Millwall. It defines us, seperates us from all the rest and sets us up for life. Highs and lows we're there come rain or shine. What a fucking club ha!

English by birth- Millwall by the grace of God.

COYL

Let em come

Last edited:
The phone calls and texts have been bouncing about today between my lot as no doubt they have been with you. Got the clobber ready, odd goose bump and twitch in the stomach cause tomorrow i will be at my second home with my life long mates and there off spring and the future that keeps the conveyor belt going. The conveyor belt that has churned out thousands of amazing , unique, loyal, passionate and decent peple- Milwall supporters.

We argue like brother and sister, stand side by side when the chips are down and dig deep and answer the call when a fellow lion is in need. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like not being able to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm Millwall. It defines us, seperates us from all the rest and sets us up for life. Highs and lows we're there come rain or shine. What a fucking club ha!

COYL

Let em come
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Something i wrote during lockdown when i was missing Millwall

I miss

Getting my best clobber ready.
The phone calls and messages with life long mates to make plans.
Waking up and knowing that within an hour i'll be with life long mates.
Putting on my bet and remembering my old man saying never back Millwall.

Sitting in Manzes and hearing that wonderful south London accent.
The old boys and girls tucking into double double whilst joking and recounting tales of old.Walking into the booze to be greeted by all manner of loons both young and old. The banter and stories form the week just passed. The piss taking and ribbing- no one does it better than us!

The walk down the back streets that i first did with my dad over 40 year ago.
Recalling battles that we had with old foes.The tingle and goosebumps that i still get as we walk past the old place and where the love affair started. The sound of the monks chant as we get nearer the Den. Seeing generations of wall and the families chucking spare coin into the collection buckets. The walk through the carpark, the handshakes and nods. Hello mate, you sweet? Hope the family is well! The shouts of allright mate i'll see you in there.

The smell of manky burgers, hotdogs and fried onions. Programs get your programs. The click of the turnstiles. More nods, handshakes and piss taking. Facing those steps that elevate you to the stand. Seeing the lush green pitch and Den in all it's glory. More hugs and handshakes as you get to your seat. Chucking the habitual wanker sign to some trampy northerners to my left. Londons calling belting out on the tannoy.

The lions running out on to the pitch to great cheer. It's Saturday down cold blow lane we've all come down to cheer, come rain or shine all the time,,,,,,,,,,
The feeling of being at home with one big family. No one likes us ringing around the ground. Lino you're a cunt. Shit refs we always get shit refs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ending up two rows from my seat after the ball hits the back of the net. The nerves, the hope, the joy, the smiles, the doubt and elation again as the ref blows for full time and we've won. The world is a better place and your weeks been sorted. Seeing the youngens bouncing around to rocking all over the world. The walk home with a small on your face.

Let em come.

Brilliant P👏👏 It's as you say. Got my pre match sorted with my original lot at a proper wall gaff. If their lot show there it will be a welcome bonus. Had one of the worst few weeks of my life losing two friends and the Doris very ill so this is what I need. The best people in the world. Nothing like our fucking wonderful club.

The phone calls and texts have been bouncing about today between my lot as no doubt they have been with you. Got the clobber ready, odd goose bump and twitch in the stomach cause tomorrow i will be at my second home with my life long mates and there off spring and the future that keeps the conveyor belt going. The conveyor belt that has churned out thousands of amazing , unique, loyal, passionate and decent peple- Milwall supporters.

COYL

Let em come
True is this.

Brilliant P👏👏 It's as you say. Got my pre match sorted with my original lot at a proper wall gaff. If their lot show there it will be a welcome bonus. Had one of the worst few weeks of my life losing two friends and the Doris very ill so this is what I need. The best people in the world. Nothing like our fucking wonderful club.
Sorry to hear your news, best wishes to her indoors. Hopefully the boys will lift the spirits after the initial activities. (couldn't think of a more apt word).
Currently stuck round a relatives house and he's got tonights, I'll call it a game, on.
Maybe it's me but I am bored off my fucking tits, what a load of shite. Atmosphere flat as a witches chest.

Sorry to hear your news, best wishes to her indoors. Hopefully the boys will lift the spirits after the initial activities. (couldn't think of a more apt word).
Currently stuck round a relatives house and he's got tonights, I'll call it a game, on.
Maybe it's me but I am bored off my fucking tits, what a load of shite. Atmosphere flat as a witches chest.
Thank you mate. Much appreciated.

COYL

Let em come
That’s lovely mate but you forgot to add “sing along to Rocking all over the world”

Had one of the worst few weeks of my life losing two friends and the Doris very ill so this is what I need.
Yes mate, a good opportunity to let off some pent up steam. We're west lower mate but will make an effort to catch up with you.

Got my pre match sorted with my original lot at a proper wall gaff.
We've got a good crew meeting up tomorrow for a social. The bod i'm always with who you was with before Qpr and the usual retrobates. Nothing will happen tomorrow mate, it's about paying our respects and time for reflection. They won't be making any moves i can assure you of that.

Yes mate, a good opportunity to let off some pent up steam. We're west lower mate but will make an effort to catch up with you.

We've got a good crew meeting up tomorrow for a social. The bod i'm always with who you was with before Qpr and the usual retrobates. Nothing will happen tomorrow mate, it's about paying our respects and time for reflection. They won't be making any moves i can assure you of that.
Will try to find you mate.

Members online