Danny Mac why not stop messing around

These are some fair points and I hold my hands up in being guilty of some of your complaints. His contract is definitely up at the end of the season though. Perhaps I'm reading between the lines a bit but Rowett's comments about it today seem to imply he's a bit pissed off with either Dan's agent or the fact that we've made him (in Rowett's words) a "good offer" and it hasn't been signed yet.
What Rowett says Is a good offer might not actually be a good offer to Danny. Maybe he wants a longer deal? Maybe he thinks that he Is an Important player who Is worth more than we've offered and Is negotiating accordingly. Or maybe he just wants what he sees as fair compared to our new signings and It's a case of finding a compromise with the club.

All of the above are maybes beacuse we have no Idea so all the speculation with based on very limiting snippets Is futile. If his contract Is up, he can't be tapped up by other clubs In this country till the end of the season and we ain't going to sell him now as he will be crucial for the upcoming campaign so there Is no rush or need to panic at the moment.

It’s not that, Stompie, its cause for concern that if Robbo is right that Danny has only 1 year left on his contract, then Danny could run his contract down and be off on a free just as Jed did, with the club getting fuck all again!

We’d all like to think not, especially as Danny can see the type of squad GR is building, but the lad is 24 this year, and maybe he’s thinking he’s got another 5 good years in him to be a top right back? Footballers in these days of Sky and the PL, can easily have their heads turned with the amount of money sloshing around the game, and Millwall supporter or not, if Danny had the chance to go to one of the top six PL clubs, play Champions League football and earn shed loads for the next 5 years, then why wouldn’t he?
He was only offered a contract recently give him time. If he wants to stay he stays. If he doesn't want to then we lose a player that doesn't want to be here.

We've gone for him going to QPR for £300,000 to playing In the Champions League. That'a a stratospheric rise that Charlton would be proud of. No one would blame him for wanting to go to a top club. That's obvious for any player.

But no top club Is In for him. We are not trying to compete with Chelsea for his signature.

And he ain't going QPR. Why the fuck would he? That whole situation Is laughable and why the fuck so many are worried about It Is beyoned me.

Why would a Millwall fan leave to play for a shitter team, In a shitter part of London, for almost Identicle money and less chance of progression?

It Is very obvioulsy a step backward, and any career path he Is mapping out would at the very least see him join a team In this league who are earmarked for promotion.

It's another case of people loosing the plot based on something made up.

This thread started with us putting a 10mill price tag on his head, now there's complaing that he's holding the club to ransom because he ain't signed a new contract and his agent Is orchestrating moves away.

What the fuck Is wrong with you lot. He Is under contract still having signed a long term deal not to long ago. We don't know how long that contract Is or what terms Millwall have offered him In the new contract, the same new contract that he only recieved recently. All of the above Is pure speculation.

Get a fucking grip. It's like Chinese whispers for the paranoid on here.
Racist ........

We've gone for him going to QPR for £300,000 to playing In the Champions League. That'a a stratospheric rise that Charlton would be proud of. No one would blame him for wanting to go to a top club. That's obvious for any player. But no top club Is In for him. We are not trying to compete with Chelsea for his signature.
I mentioned CL only if a Prem club came in for him. I know no one has, yet, but who knows what will happen this season?
And he ain't going QPR. Why the fuck would he? That whole situation Is laughable and why the fuck so many are worried about It Is beyoned me.

Why would a Millwall fan leave to play for a shitter team, In a shitter part of London, for almost Identicle money and less chance of progression?
I don‘t think anyone is worried, because we all know its never gonna happen!
It's another case of people loosing the plot based on something made up.
Like I said, not losing the plot, just concerned, as the club has previous on this (Jed going for nothing.)

Not really, Wallace was offered new terms over 12 months ago and had no intention of signing them, ever.
Id say danny mac has had a contract in front of him for some time and not signed it. I doubt we would have waited until he got to the final 12 months of his contract before offering a new one

From the outside it looks identical to jeds situation

We’ve probably offered him a deal between 6-8k per week and he’s sat thinking that he could probably get 20k per week else where.

Money does funny things to peoples heads.

Millwall want to be looking to build a team, not.dismantle one. Tell QPR and any others to go forth and multiply.

Perhaps for younger players (and some older ones), Millwall should offer 4 year contracts?

Say Danny is currently on £5,000 a week. He agrees a new 4 year contract which puts him on £7,500 a week. At the end of the 2nd year of that 4 year contract, his contract is renegotiated, and his weekly wage increases to £10,000 a week!

That way, Danny gets an increase of £2,500 every 2 years. This shows Millwall’s commitment to him, and Danny’s commitment to the club is repaid by re negotiating his contract every two years, thus avoiding last year syndrome, and Danny running his contract down to leave on a free, and the club getting fuck all for him!

Could this be a way to keep younger players? Yes, it could be seen as being more expensive, but if the player is decent (as Danny is), would supporters be unhappy to pay a small yearly ST increase, if they know it’s helping to retain our best players? Naturally, during any contract, a Prem team could show interest in one of our young players, but with two years left on his contract (instead of just one), we wouldn’t feel the need to sell unless they met the club’s valuation of that player!
How about the FA/ league ban all the parasitic agents from the game and form a union akin to what normal workers have so they can represent players for a nominal fee.

Danny isn't running his contract down, that's a bit disingenuous to say so, he's just hasn't signed it yet. For what it's worth- a fellow that knows Danny and his family very well says that he's been told by the parents that Danny is not going anywhere!

but if the player is decent (as Danny is), would supporters be unhappy to pay a small yearly ST increase, if they know it’s helping to retain our best players?
Not for me and how do we define decent? Whats seems decent to any normal person don't necessarily mean the same to a kid surrounded by blokes on more money than him nor his thief agent.

Wanker chops that recently left us was offerd a big wage rise- let how that ended!

Why would you bother with that? The account has less than 250 followers, has no quotes from anyone from either club, that should tell you all you need to know.
Because it’s not the only one and this is a page on Danny Mc.

why don’t you set up a approval part before messages go live so you can check if they are worthy or not to be posted.

Yet another story / bid from queer park rangers , why don't GR , Kav just tell them to f**k off and end all this shit now...not rocket science is it ?

That whole situation Is laughable and why the fuck so many are worried about It Is beyoned me.
It seems that many of our fans trust bloggers, fuckwits and the filth press that have written nothing but lies about us since day dot over the player himself. We are or are becoming just another generic football club, some of the stuff written on here is what we laugh at the Spotters and Nigels for. Bedwetting and delusion is something i've never known at Wall, then you come on the internet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fuck me it's embarrassing.