Who's next then?

Depends what you look for when you go and watch a game of football.
Win at any cost by playing dull negative football or play a more expansive entertaing style of football and really give it a go and and take it on the chin if we lose a few!?.

We know the board are happy at the moment and don't really see ambition achievable and don't seem to mind GR playing safe uninspiring football,seems the fans and players are secondary.

GR+AB = Double negative.IMO.

I would also add that JB appointed this manager along with his staff.
They should be held accountable if a manager doesnt deliver.

On paper in probably the poorest Championship weve seen, we arent doing bad.
However, if the league becomes stronger next season & we dont change & continue this defensive strategy, then we will be in L1 in no time.
And in recent seasons they have appointed Lomas and Holloway.
Seems they haven't learnt their lesson!

On the other hand if we were to press forward in numbers we would get undone and lose a fair few more games. Would we score more goals if a positive approach was made by the players we have, not convinced we could. It is a difficult to watch style agreed until Rowett unlocks a gem forward we are stuck with this format. Last season using Parrott as a threat was mind dumbing enough, I just hope OJ will learn quick and produce some quality play.

Having said all of the above, would I deep down want us to be getting into the Prem next season? Nope because we arent good enough to compete & would get demolished weekly.
So a different take on it I suppose.
You’re right, we wouldn’t be good enough to compete in the Prem, not because the players aren’t good enough (some of them could be with better coaching), but because the board aren’t ambitious enough, and they don’t want to spend any money to get there!

We didn’t have superstars when we played in the old first division, back in the late 80’s, but what we did have was what’s missing now: desire, passion and the will to win! In that first season we topped the first division table, and at the end of it, we finished one place above Manchester Fucking United!

Sure, that was then, and this is now, I hear some of you say, but it’s all relative! Yes, clubs like the Manchester duo now have millions and millions of pounds to spend on getting the best players, but so did clubs like Liverpool, back in the 80’s, who were buying the best players then, to win the league every season! We couldn’t compete with them then, nor could we now, but that didn’t deter the Doc’s team when we went up to Anfield and got a very credible 1 - 1 draw, against the league champions!

Now we can’t get a score draw against lowly Huddersfield! :mad:

Either way, Cooper has taken those poor performing players under Hughton, and turned them around.
New manager bounce! see where they are in ten games then judge him. Swanseas fans hated him and his brand of football and were glad to see that back of him.

Its they’re recent good performances, and our poor performance yesterday, that has put them now, only 3 points behind us!
Its such a shame that the stars didn’t align for us to sign Cooper before Forest contacted him. Of course, it would have meant JB coming to the realisation about Drawett‘s limitations, in order to sack him first, but I think someone like Cooper would have got us playing a much higher tempo, more attacking game!
Hahahahaha.

New manager bounce! see where they are in ten games then judge him. Swanseas fans hated him and his brand of football and were glad to see that back of him.

Hahahahaha.
You can laugh, but he is a better manager than Drawett will ever be!

Cooper was appointed manager of Liverpool’s academy in 2011, then left to join the England youth set-up in 2014, initially coaching the U16s, before winning the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup with the U17s.

I doubt Drawett’s CV is as impressive as that!

Oh, and how well are Swansea doing now, without him? They are 1 place below us, and have 1 point less than us! That’s a far cry from the final day of the 2019/2020 season, when Swansea nicked the 6th place play off spot, in Cooper’s first season with them! Unfortunately for the club, they lost to Brentford in the semi-final.

The following season, Cooper got Swansea to the actual play off final, where they lost to Brentford.

Wonder if the Swansea supporters are still glad to see the back of him? As some members like to point out on this forum, ‘be careful what you wish for.’

Doesn’t mean anything to Wall supporters, I know, but what the above says is that Steve Cooper got Swansea twice into the play off spots, and in one of those, got them to the actual play off final. Both are something Drawett has yet to achieve.

With Drawett we’re going backwards, down the league, finishing 8th in his first season with us, and 11th in his second season. Where will we finish this season? 14th? 16th? 18th?

That’s not progression, that’s regression!

You can laugh, but he is a better manager than Drawett will ever be!
My dads bigger than your dad :rolleyes:

Oh, and how well are Swansea doing now, without him?
Better and higher placed than Forest who needed another last minute goal to nick a point at Qpr, i watched the game and Forest were shit. Swansea fans wanted Cooper gone because of the brand of football he played. Cooper sold a player on from Swansea who he didn't rate, the same player has scored nine league goals this season, one was against us for Coventry.

Last edited:
My dads bigger than your dad :rolleyes:

Better and higher placed than Forest who needed another last minute goal to nick a point at Qpr, i watched the game and Forest were shit. Swansea fans wanted Cooper gone because of the brand of football he played. Cooper sold a player on from Swansea who he didn't rate, the same player has scored nine league goals this season, one was against us for Coventry.
He may well be :grinning: but my old man’s been dead 25 years, so it won’t be much of a contest! 🤣

We’ll see what happens on Tuesday night, where I think Forest at home have a better chance of beating Sheffield United, than Swansea will away to Coventry. If that happens, then Forest will go above Swansea by 1 point!

By Tuesday night, if it all goes well for him, then Cooper will have been in charge of Forest for 8 games, winning 5, drawing 2, and losing only 1. In Swansea’s last 8 games (assuming they lose to Coventry on Tuesday), they would have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. Not much in it really, but stats wise, it does put Forest slightly ahead of Swansea!

So what if Cooper sold a player who’s now banging them in for Coventry? It’s happened to many managers! Hell, how many times have we sold/let go players who have played better for the club they’ve eventually signed for? It’s not indicative of how a manager manages a team over 46 games in a season, is it? It’s where that team has finished, that counts for more than losing 1 player!

So no comment then, on Cooper having achieved more as a manager (including winning the U17 World Cup in 2017), than Drawett has? Even you must admit that Cooper’s CV is fairly impressive when you hold it up against Drawett’s!

No?