Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Who exactly is the snob Moody ? Perhaps you could help
us poor sods out by telling us what areas are acceptable to
reside in ?

I don't know mate, but you seem to be going round the South
East slagging off various locations. Margate being the latest.

I don't know mate, but you seem to be going round the South
East slagging off various locations. Margate being the latest.

It was Tel slagging off Margate... not me! I’m from the area.

Look, I can never figure out if you are a genius wind up merchant or just plain stupid, as you seem to have ignored lots of posts slagging off Margate and picked straight up on mine - which was clearly a bit of self-depreciating humour... if you’d have followed the thread (as you’d see me talking about it’s plus points, having grown up in the area!!).

I assumed you followed the thread as you commented on many of the exchanges!

So... what is it? Targeted wumming of me or plain stupidity?

In answer to your question, I think all places have good points and bad points. We are very lucky to live in such a great country. Tel says he wouldn’t even be homeless in Margate, but I would argue it has some great beaches and has a lot of Victorian charm around the Old Town. And as for Sidcup, the place that started this whole row, well I think it is a bit bland, but it has some lovely neighbourhoods, near to some great countryside and you are close to London. I only used it to wind up a specific Charlton fan who reads this thread!! However, I have explained that a few times now, so again... either you are a WUM and have got me to post this rant for amusement, or you are just stupid! I have no idea which.

Talking of ramsgate I’ve not been there in years, anyone been recently?
Not since they lost to Chelmsford 4-0 in the first game of the 1972/73 season. The Rams were newly promoted. Chelmsford were the brand new Southern League Champions.

Here you are Tel: starter for ten. Which former Millwall player did all the damage up front for Chelmsford that bright summer's afternoon...?

It was Tel slagging off Margate... not me! I’m from the area.

Look, I can never figure out if you are a genius wind up merchant or just plain stupid, as you seem to have ignored lots of posts slagging off Margate and picked straight up on mine - which was clearly a bit of self-depreciating humour... if you’d have followed the thread (as you’d see me talking about it’s plus points, having grown up in the area!!).

I assumed you followed the thread as you commented on many of the exchanges!

So... what is it? Targeted wumming of me or plain stupidity?

In answer to your question, I think all places have good points and bad points. We are very lucky to live in such a great country. Tel says he wouldn’t even be homeless in Margate, but I would argue it has some great beaches and has a lot of Victorian charm around the Old Town. And as for Sidcup, the place that started this whole row, well I think it is a bit bland, but it has some lovely neighbourhoods, near to some great countryside and you are close to London. I only used it to wind up a specific Charlton fan who reads this thread!! However, I have explained that a few times now, so again... either you are a WUM and have got me to post this rant for amusement, or you are just stupid! I have no idea which.
Used to love in the early 70's choring a motor with my brother and mates and fuck off down to Margate for the weekends.
Even left the motor near to where I had got from so I was really only borrowing it

Not since they lost to Chelmsford 4-0 in the first game of the 1972/73 season. The Rams were newly promoted. Chelmsford were the brand new Southern League Champions.

Here you are Tel: starter for ten. Which former Millwall player did all the damage up front for Chelmsford that bright summer's afternoon...?
I haven’t a clue James!

Used to love in the early 70's choring a motor with my brother and mates and fuck off down to Margate for the weekends.
Even left the motor near to where I had got from so I was really only borrowing it
My old man use to do the same thing with his mates Kev! And once took it back as they felt guilty! Haha

Talking of ramsgate I’ve not been there in years, anyone been recently?
I took the kids over to there last week. Like most coastal towns it has its run down areas but the marina area and parts of the town are really nice and of course it has a lovely sandy beach which was quite busy but in the main people seemed to be socially distancing as much as is possible.

Their recent claim to fame is the town has the biggest Wetherspoons in the country. It has a massive outside terrace overlooking the beach and looking from the outside it seemed to be very popular

I took the kids over to there last week. Like most coastal towns it has its run down areas but the marina area and parts of the town are really nice and of course it has a lovely sandy beach which was quite busy but in the main people seemed to be socially distancing as much as is possible.

Their recent claim to fame is the town has the biggest Wetherspoons in the country. It has a massive outside terrace overlooking the beach and looking from the outside it seemed to be very popular
Thanks mate been meaning to get down there for a while! Will give it a go next trio down to the coast!

Members online