World Cup Official Thread

Two games tonight and with 20 minutes to go of the 90, the story so far is:
Argies beating Poland 2-0 so will go through. Mexico beating Saudi Arabia 2-0.
Poland and Mexico are level on points and goal difference. A one goal swing in either game will change things. If no more goals are scored, Poland will go through 4-7 on yellow cards received, unless they get another three yellow cards to level it up, of course... After that fuck knows. No one seems to have a Scoobie.

A World Cup match decided on who received the least yellow cards after three games. Yellow cards for fucks sake.!!!!
:slap:
:grinning:

EDIT: Goal score hasn't changed, but it's now Poland 5-7 Mexico on yellow cards.
And...I've just heard that if the scores stay the same and it ends up 7-7 all on Yellow cards..........Straws will be drawn.

:ROFLMAO:

Another EDIT:
Saudi Arabia have been smashed all game, done nothing and have scored after 95 minutes and killed off Mexico, who were terrific.
😁

At least it avoided this fucking nonsense below:

FAIR PLAY POINTS!
"So, we are down to fair play points as Poland and Mexico are level on points, level on goal difference, level on head-to-head and level on goals scored...

It means, as things stand, Poland would qualify in second by virtue of having fewer yellow cards, unless there is another twist.

Poland have had FIVE to Mexico's SEVEN. So, as it stands Poland go through."

Then Saudi score and save yet another possible FIFA own goal.....
:tophat: :grinning:

Last edited:
Poland and Mexico are level on points and goal difference. A one goal swing in either game will change things. If no more goals are scored, Poland will go through 4-7 on yellow cards received, unless they get another three yellow cards to level it up, of course... After that fuck knows. No one seems to have a Scoobie.

A World Cup match decided on who received the least yellow cards after three games. Yellow cards for fucks sake.!!!!

EDIT: Goal score hasn't changed, but it's now Poland 5-7 Mexico on yellow cards.
And...I've just heard that if the scores stay the same and it ends up 7-7 all on Yellow cards..........Straws will be drawn.

Another EDIT:
Saudi Arabia have been smashed all game, done nothing and have scored after 95 minutes and killed off Mexico, who were terrific.
😁

FAIR PLAY POINTS!
"So, we are down to fair play points as Poland and Mexico are level on points, level on goal difference, level on head-to-head and level on goals scored...

It means, as things stand, Poland would qualify in second by virtue of having fewer yellow cards, unless there is another twist.

Any chance you can covert all that into a Graph or Pie Chart mate ?

Another EDIT:
😁

FAIR PLAY POINTS!

Impressive statwankery there, Kryan!

As I started to read it, with talk about ‘A one goal swing in either game will change things.’ I thought for a moment I was listening to Jon Snow on fucking Election Night! 🤣

Impressive statwankery there, Kryan!

As I started to read it, with talk about ‘A one goal swing in either game will change things.’ I thought for a moment I was listening to Jon Snow on fucking Election Night! 🤣

To be honest mate, I was reluctant to use the word 'Swing'. You know what Ulster is like... He would just drag the whole start wankery excitement down to his base level with talk of Suburban Wifes and Double Penetration...
😁

Members online