Women’s football

norwichmark

Shouldn’t be on bbc website, when it’s competitive at international level put it back. Some of the scorelines are just comical. Bit like bbc I suppose

Meanwhile, in the mens game, England beat San Marino 10 - 0 only last month!
International football is often not competitive. I’m not sure you can censor woman’s football on the BBC or any other website, this isn’t China, besides which it’s covered in most newspapers and the league games are shown live on Sky & the BBC as well.
Incidentally, there were more England fans at the Keepmoat stadium last night than Millwall fans who turned up to watch us play Bournemouth last week, make of that what you will?

Incidentally, there were more England fans at the Keepmoat stadium last night than Millwall fans who turned up to watch us play Bournemouth last week, make of that what you will?
Plenty of comp tickets and divvy middle class cunts who know not about football but belive It's a currency they can trade off supporting women.

Plus young girls who like football and want to watch players they Identify with. Good on them for going.

You do realise It's rediculous to compare them with who turns up at Millwall though don't you. Are you just trying to get a few nibbles?

My daughter played for London up to when she discovered boys. It was ok to watch and got her into sport which was not a bad thing.

I have no problem with womens football being on TV as long as its understood that (in the case of the BBC) they should show things that are of interest to the widest audience. Not a niche group in order to tick a woke box.

The same as on BBC England I don't like to see Scottish results being screened before the English results. I doubt very much if al English league results are shown on BBC Scotland before the Scottish games results..

Again just another inclusive tick in the box.

Plenty of comp tickets and divvy middle class cunts who know not about football but belive It's a currency they can trade off supporting women.

Plus young girls who like football and want to watch players they Identify with. Good on them for going.

You do realise It's rediculous to compare them with who turns up at Millwall though don't you. Are you just trying to get a few nibbles?
Nibbles? Not really but I knew there would be some. I was only comparing the crowd and the San Marino farce, apart from maybe kids going with their schools I honestly don’t think we’d get a full house for a championship game at Millwall even if the tickets were given away free. There’s only a small number of our fans that can ever be bothered to go anymore. P.s. 29,000 for a woman’s rugby match at Twickenham on Saturday (although it might have been a double header) I think we are just going to have to get used to more woman’s sport, whatever you think of it the genie is out of the bottle & it’s not going away

Nibbles? Not really but I knew there would be some. I was only comparing the crowd and the San Marino farce, apart from maybe kids going with their schools I honestly don’t think we’d get a full house for a championship game at Millwall even if the tickets were given away free. There’s only a small number of our fans that can ever be bothered to go anymore. P.s. 29,000 for a woman’s rugby match at Twickenham on Saturday (although it might have been a double header) I think we are just going to have to get used to more woman’s sport, whatever you think of it the genie is out of the bottle & it’s not going away
All you have to do Is see the Women's football show to see how many turn up to watch the League games. For an Important cup game there's more people at my football club then there Is at most super league games.

Again. Free tickets and subsidies for these big games.

Again you can't compare us to them. It's a stupid comparison. If women's sport had to go through 1/100 of what we have had to and still have to then they wouldn't even have enough punters through the turnstiles to make It worth the cost of turning on the grills at the food counters.

Womens sport shouldn't have to go away. I think It's good that more girls want to get Involved. What It shouldn't do Is Invade and manipulate the mens game and Instead find It's natural place without coasting on the back of the earnings and efforts of professional sport whilst arrogantly believing that Its equal and just as Important. Without the over promoted, forced and dishonest narrative from the media and the massive subsidies they get from mens sport, they would be playing down a park receiving about the same level of Intrest that that entails.

Last edited:
All you have to do Is see the Women's football show to see how many turn up to watch the League games. For an Important cup game there's more people at my football club then there Is at most super league games.

Again. Free tickets and subsidies for these big games.

Again you can't compare us to them. It's a stupid comparison. If women's sport had to go through 1/100 of what we have had to and still have to then they wouldn't even have enough punters through the turnstiles to make It worth the cost of turning on the grills at the food counters.

Womens sport shouldn't have to go away. I think It's good that more girls want to get Involved. What It shouldn't do Is Invade and manipulate the mens game and Instead find It's natural place without coasting on the back of the earnings and efforts of professional sport whilst arrogantly believing that Its equal and just as Important. Without the over promoted, forced and dishonest narrative from the media and the massive subsidies they get from mens sport, they would be playing down a park receiving about the same level of Intrest that that entails.
I respect all that Stompie, just two points to add: Firstly you are right that woman’s crowds have gone down this season but a lot of that is to do with the games being live on TV & I believe they are still averaging nearly 5,000 in the top league (whatever that’s called) Secondly, as I’ve said before, the MEN in grey suits at the FA virtually banned woman’s football after the First World War because had become too popular and they didn’t like it (I think the record crowd was 59,000) So it’s only in recent years that there has been a resurgence and a mass audience for the game & many more girls like Overseaswall’s daughter have become interested in playing the game, I imagine nearly every school in the country have a girls team now.
Having said all that, of course it’s pretty shit but it will get better and I still believe one day there will be a female player at say conference level (just not the Latvian goalkeeper of course!)

Meanwhile, in the mens game, England beat San Marino 10 - 0 only last month!
International football is often not competitive. I’m not sure you can censor woman’s football on the BBC or any other website, this isn’t China, besides which it’s covered in most newspapers and the league games are shown live on Sky & the BBC as well.
Tickets are given away to grass roots clubs

I respect all that Stompie, just two points to add: Firstly you are right that woman’s crowds have gone down this season but a lot of that is to do with the games being live on TV & I believe they are still averaging nearly 5,000 in the top league (whatever that’s called) Secondly, as I’ve said before, the MEN in grey suits at the FA virtually banned woman’s football after the First World War because had become too popular and they didn’t like it (I think the record crowd was 59,000) So it’s only in recent years that there has been a resurgence and a mass audience for the game & many more girls like Overseaswall’s daughter have become interested in playing the game, I imagine nearly every school in the country have a girls team now.
Having said all that, of course it’s pretty shit but it will get better and I still believe one day there will be a female player at say conference level (just not the Latvian goalkeeper of course!)
There was girls playing football when I was young. I've known girls who've contintued to play football and rugby who are older. There's a disproportionate number of them who are lesbians. There's nothing wrong with that but It gives a Insite Into those who follow It through Into adulthood and It's limited appeal on the whole. Once girls get to a certain age, other things take over and their previous hobbies, unless they are talented, tend to become a thing of the past. That goes for all sports apart from mainly tennis which women can get excerise and play together as a social activity. Golf Is a game similar which women tend to find later In life for simular reasons.

There will never be womens player In the conference. Biology would see to that. Hence why San Marino would beat the England woman's team. In fact the first team at West Whickham would beat the England women's team (to be fair I'd put money on them beating San Marino also). The American world cup women's winning team we beaten by a bunch of under 15's from Texas 5-2.

Bollocks. If Coronvirus was the reason then there would have been just a dramatic decrese In numbers at mens games. Plenty of women love football and love watching It. Very few that I know off give a fuck about women's football. If women don't get off their arses and spend their hard earned then why should It be down to others to fund It, cultivate It and suffer the media delusions In the name of woke arrogance on their behalf? In the name of equality Is It not sexist to rely on men?

I think you've missed the point of It all though. People don't care that women play football or want to play football. Most people I Imagine, are Indifferent to It but when asked would say It's a good thing which It rightly Is. The problem Is that we have to suffer It as a mass audience when It Is neich at best. The quality Isn't there, the audience Isn't there. The Interest Isn't there In the mainstream. Yet we are forced Into seeing the media portray It as just as talented, just as popular and just as equal. I was In a busy pub a few weeks back, full of both men and women, whilst the women had a World Cup qualifier. For some reason It was on on three screens and not one person was watching It. Not one. I know this because I made the point of checking more than once who was looking at the screens (one was so big It could be viewed from the other side of the room) and I came up short every time.

We are now saturated with women Involved In the higest levels of the mens game. Having women commentators talking about professional mens football Is akin to having one of us on here commentating. We ain't qualified, we aren't experienced and we can't offer proper Insite apart from the basics and the obvious that we all picked up growing up. I would feel the same If they wheeled out a League 1 player to sit there next to Neville and Carragah. I think having Robbie Savage talk about Champions League football Is a stretch. When we see women commentators pop up with the Information bar that they have 80 England caps and so and so goals It's an Insult to what It takes to become an elite pro and represent your country In the professional game. Womens football Is also for the most part shit. Some have skill no doubt and some can strike a ball beautifully but the rest Is poor. Goalkeeping Is atrocious. Defending Is comical. And the speed and movement of the ball becomes tedious. There Is a limit to how good It will ever be In comparison to the mens game. That Is why It will never catch on to a wide audience. It's the same with boxing. The same with rugby. The same with cricket. Sport Is already saturated on telly. When given the choice 99/100 who have an Invested Interest will always watch the men If there was a direct choice.

Let the BBC give women's football It's own news page and see how much traffic It receives. Have women's football charge a specific subscription to watch It and see how many subscribe. Charge the average ticket price of the professional mens game and see how many turn up to watch It. It wouldn't happen because It would ruin the narrative. It shouldn't have to happen either beacuse It would stunt the growth going forward and would be discriminatory. It would be honest though. But untill such time as we get past the delusions and the agenda then womens football won't gain any respect, untill honest criticisms are accepted as bluntly and harshly as they are In the mens game, and what with the way It's being over portrayed and over sold, It doesn't deserve any.

Last edited:
My daughter plays, although standard is poor they get stuckminneith no diving or cheating or spitting, although they make me laugh when they tackle and accidentally hurt one another they immediately say sorry
Your spot on there, my Grandaughter plays for Maidston.

My daughter played for London up to when she discovered boys. It was ok to watch and got her into sport which was not a bad thing.

I have no problem with womens football being on TV as long as its understood that (in the case of the BBC) they should show things that are of interest to the widest audience. Not a niche group in order to tick a woke box.

The same as on BBC England I don't like to see Scottish results being screened before the English results. I doubt very much if al English league results are shown on BBC Scotland before the Scottish games results..

Again just another inclusive tick in the box.
Yes they are all shown. It goes back to the Littlewoods Pools days and you had to check all the games. Similarly today many people do fixed odds and want to check all the results.

I don’t get what your meaning that the Scottish results are shown first. I watch the National BBC news/ results and they always start with the English Premier.

Let the BBC give women's football It's own news page and see how much traffic It receives. Have women's football charge a specific subscription to watch It and see how many subscribe.

Shouldn’t be on bbc website, when it’s competitive at international level put it back. Some of the scorelines are just comical. Bit like bbc I suppose
So it’s all the BBC’s fault again?
I subscribe to the Daily Telegraph, not exactly a left wing, wet Liberal newspaper. They have extensive coverage of woman’s sports (including last night game) and once a week they have eight or so pages of articles on all aspects of woman’s sport such as discussing delayed puberty, periods, freezing eggs & pregnancy etc. (& no I don’t read it all) Anyway I got a few nibbles whether I wanted them or not, my advice would be to buy some shares in a sports bra company or something similar and when the money rolls in you won’t feel so bad having to watch it.
P.s. Corkscrew Hill?

I subscribe to the Daily Telegraph, not exactly a left wing, wet Liberal newspaper. They have extensive coverage of woman’s sports (including last night game) and once a week they have eight or so pages of articles on all aspects of woman’s sport such as discussing delayed puberty, periods, freezing eggs & pregnancy etc. (& no I don’t read it all) Anyway I got a few nibbles whether I wanted them or not, my advice would be to buy some shares in a sports bra company or something similar and when the money rolls in you won’t feel so bad having to watch it.
P.s. Corkscrew Hill?
Perhaps I should of said not on the bbc website mixed in with men’s football, my mistake. Times I look and see something like Birmingham thrash Liverpool and have to think twice. Oh it’s women’s. Not being derogatory to women, I ran a girls team for 4 years a few yrs back.

Yes they are all shown. It goes back to the Littlewoods Pools days and you had to check all the games. Similarly today many people do fixed odds and want to check all the results.

I don’t get what your meaning that the Scottish results are shown first. I watch the National BBC news/ results and they always start with the English Premier.
In the regional news and sports bit. Yes prem gets top billing but often championship is shown after SPL.

P.s. Corkscrew Hill?
I just used the BBC as an example as they are the national broadcaster and are the worst out there for misrepresenting the public mood In favour of their Insular progressive mindset. It also seems that they put more concern and Importance Into women's football then mens. I was thinking they showed women's Internationals but It's ITV It was on last night.

They are all bad though. Sky are woke to the core. B.T have less of a reach but are worse. The Telegarph Is more Guardian lite than conservative leaning now so their sport section went the same way. The Sun Is loosing readership at an alarming rate (apparently they have even banned the word woke). Even the Daily Mail sports columnists get a non-predatory hard on for all things female. They lost the plot over the women commentators during the euros. All have one thing In common though. They all sing from the same hymn sheet and speak with the same language, just with slightly different accents.

I think people should be able to write and show what they chose but I also think It should be relevant to what the consumer wants, not what they belive they should see and not certainly how they believe should think and feel. The media class has never been so out of touch with the public. Hence why print subscriptions are nosediving and people are turning off mainstream telly.

I wouldn't buy shares In a sports bra company. I'd go for one that makes skin tight 'sports' leggings as for all the pontificating about feminism and girls In sport, too many modern ladies seem far more Intrested In sculpting and then flaunting their arses and other bits off to all and sundry rather than doing something worth while.

Yeah Corkscrew Hill. It's brilliant up there. A proper family but also very lively, club. The place has kept me sane the past 7 months. Come up one weekend If your at a loss, I'm Injured at the moment but still tend to go up there and watch (drink) If Millwall ain't at home. We even have the local fish man doing his round, a Wall fan, and all lovely and fresh for £4 a pot. I'd you're not too rotund and are keen, the vets might even give you a game.

On pointless tonight there was a board of photographs of people who had won awards. The female footballer was the only pointless answer.
According to Richard she had won more awards than any other female footballer.
Despite this nobody had ever heard of her.
Needless to say I hadn’t either. Also, who had ever heard of Alex Scott before she stopped playing?