Why I think Silver's completely wrong

As for Rowett, I really don't get him. The league is shit, baring Fulham & Bournemouth. Bournemouth aren't unbeatable either as Derby showed. But the mentality that a point is a good result is draining, I have no problem being defensively sound first & foremost, probably all the best teams throughout the history of football that won stuff had good defences. It's the lack of imagination or intent from Rowett, like last week at Boro, bringing the dutchman on for Afobe, such a negative, shut up shop, nick the point mentality, which is sadly par for the course. And his squad still needs a lot of work, half of his signings are shit too.

I've long suspected he had a hand In the Renewal debacle.

No one gives up £50 million. That should set alarm bells ringing for everyone.
I suppose if he does have a few irons in the regen fire, and he knows for definite that from it he will make all his money back (and perhaps more), then that might be the reason why he’s been reluctant to put his hand in his pocket to fund for a 20 goal a season forward!

Perhaps his attitude is, “if I’m not going to be here in a couple of years, why should I fork out more money now (when it could be earning me decent interest in a bank), to buy an expensive player that might get Millwall promoted? What do I gain from promotion if I’m no longer the chairman? Why the fuck should I care what happens to Millwall, when I’m retired and counting my many millions on a sandy beach, somewhere in the Caribbean?“

I suppose if he does have a few irons in the regen fire, and he knows for definite that from it he will make all his money back (and perhaps more), then that might be the reason why he’s been reluctant to put his hand in his pocket to fund for a 20 goal a season forward!

Perhaps his attitude is, “if I’m not going to be here in a couple of years, why should I fork out more money now (when it could be earning me decent interest in a bank), to buy an expensive player that might get Millwall promoted? What do I gain from promotion if I’m no longer the chairman? Why the fuck should I care what happens to Millwall, when I’m retired and counting my many millions on a sandy beach, somewhere in the Caribbean?“
Decent interest in a bank 🤣🤣🤣

Who's other expense will It be? West Ham's? Manchester United's? Mark's And Spencer's?
He owns Millwall. His return will come from Millwall and our only real assest Is In redevelopment.
So what? If he sells up in a year or 2, he is entitled to is he not?

Fuck me Stompie its business. Good luck to him I say.

Someone said up thread that if GR don't get any attacking players in, he wont get another season ticket

I feel that we have the attacking players to get results, sure more attacking players would be great to have, but we have what we need, we just don't have a brave manager

In regards to the chat on JB, sure he has fallen in love with the club, but he went into this, first and foremost as a business deal, with the mindset of making money or raising his profile, so far I would say he has done neither.

JB’s investment and loans to the club are all US corporate tax deductible. What he puts into Millwall saves him on his companies overall US corporation tax bill and especially given we run at a loss most years.

Leon is right. It is all tax deductible in the US. I looked up his company online and it says he is worth $175m and has given us 16m. I have posted before that he originally invested with a view to making money but has become one of our biggest fans. He is shrewd enough to know that the regen will eventually make him a profit but, in the meanwhile he is enjoying his status in SE16, loves to interact with the fans and is enjoying being our chairman. Long may it continue.

I feel that we have the attacking players to get results, sure more attacking players would be great to have, but we have what we need, we just don't have a brave manager
I don’t think it’s solely down to Rowett, though. The players themselves are not brave enough most times. There isn’t enough speculative shots on target from outside the box, by our midfielders or forwards. Cooper and Malone have shown it can be done, but from the other players there’s been hardly anything of note this season.

Also, midfielders and forwards seem reluctant to go it alone at defences, and get themselves into the box where an outstretched leg might bring you down for a penalty! Instead the players get to the box and want to endlessly pass side to side and back to each other, which invariably ends with a pass breaking down, and the opposition racing away with the ball and our slow, unfit players trying hard to sprint after them!

It seems our players (with the possible exception of Jed and Billy), don’t want to take the responsibility head on and try to make things happen. That could be down to laziness or lack of confidence, but this is where Rowett and Barrett need to earn their corn! They have got to work this sort of thing out in training. Players shouldn’t hide or shirk their responsibilities when on the pitch - that isn’t the Millwall way!

Sold for £1.8m with a 20 year leaseback at £150k a year - the rental is probably quite cheap in today's market, but £1.8m is a snip at what that land would be worth now?
Thanks Bex, so 20 years at 150k = £3 million and we sold it for £1.8m :slap: & of course your right, if someone ever got planning permission on the land it would be worth at least £20 million and (although I’m well known for not being a Tory) that’s a very conservative estimate

Someone said up thread that if GR don't get any attacking players in, he wont get another season ticket

In regards to the chat on JB, sure he has fallen in love with the club, but he went into this, first and foremost as a business deal, with the mindset of making money or raising his profile, so far I would say he has done neither.
Raising his profile? By owning Millwall??? Don't think that was a motivation. Whatever it was, he has done well by us.