Why bother with an academy

Saxon Lion

Nottingham Forest confirm deal for young Millwall goalkeeper​

20 June 2022 Richard Cawley 0 Comments

Nottingham Forest have signing goalkeeper Ryan Hammond from Millwall.
The stopper, 18, has signed a 12-month deal with the Premier League new boys also having an option to extend by a further 12 months.

I think it may be more to do with it helping us fighting the developers that want our land. Academy status, community stuff and the Lions centre were certainly a plus when we last had issues with renewal. If we're producing players that go elsewhere it's evidence that the project is working.

I think it may be more to do with it helping us fighting the developers that want our land. Academy status, community stuff and the Lions centre were certainly a plus when we last had issues with renewal. If we're producing players that go elsewhere it's evidence that the project is working.
Yes, but after all the hard work put into the youngsters development we get a pittance.

Yes, but after all the hard work put into the youngsters development we get a pittance.
Agreed but the other problem is when the likes Man city or Liverpool do come in for a player they tend to offer next to nish cause they know it works. It's often the greedy parents that jump at the money and the player is gone and never to be heard of again.

I thought if another team takes a player under 24 a fee is paid to the club that developed the player? Also should the player becomes a success and was sold on we would get a percentage of the profit made.