Why aint we signed anyone yet

We’ve been here before when Harris has had a clear out of players. One pre season a few years ago in particular when Archer got binned off and a couple of young goalies were let go everyone was doing their nut because a month before the season started we didn’t even have a keeper on the books.

It got even worse when some bullshit click bait website claimed we were signing some bloke from the Turkish second division and that was the cue for the abuse to rain down on NH. Fast forward a couple of weeks and we brought in the best keeper we’ve had in years who we had lined up all along.

So before writing us off as relegation fodder give it a few weeks, we’ve still got a solid spine in Bart, Cooper, Hutch, Murray, Danny Mac, Saville, Bennett, Bradshaw, Mitchell plus a bit of potential with Burey, Muller and Alex Mitchell. A few astute signings with a blend of experience and youth then maybe another Ballard type prem loan or two and you never know we might even be a better team for it.

We’ve been here before when Harris has had a clear out of players. One pre season a few years ago in particular when Archer got binned off and a couple of young goalies were let go everyone was doing their nut because a month before the season started we didn’t even have a keeper on the books.

It got even worse when some bullshit click bait website claimed we were signing some bloke from the Turkish second division and that was the cue for the abuse to rain down on NH. Fast forward a couple of weeks and we brought in the best keeper we’ve had in years who we had lined up all along.

So before writing us off as relegation fodder give it a few weeks, we’ve still got a solid spine in Bart, Cooper, Hutch, Murray, Danny Mac, Saville, Bennett, Bradshaw, Mitchell plus a bit of potential with Burey, Muller and Alex Mitchell. A few astute signings with a blend of experience and youth then maybe another Ballard type prem loan or two and you never know we might even be a better team for it.
No.

No one has a clue what is happening or who we may or may not be in for.

There hasn;t been much movement with other championship clubs

It's still only June

There is fuck all we can do anyway

A ball hasn't been kicked and won't be for another 5 weeks

It's what we do
Yeah well said

Yeah, it's been a disappointing week but that could all change. We hadn't heard of Ballard and Afobe this time last year, so we're well capable of finding as good again before the end of July.

It's possible the club are playing their cards very close to their chest, and have a few targets in their sights.
Although it would reassure some, if they announced that they had bids in for half a dozen strikers, it adds to the frustration if we are then outbid.
Any signings we make will probably all happen in a short flurry of activity - something we should all be well used to, and in my own uneducated opinion, it makes much better business sense to quietly watch, and not make a song and dance about who we have our eye on, or who we are in negotiations with.

It's possible the club are playing their cards very close to their chest, and have a few targets in their sights.
Although it would reassure some, if they announced that they had bids in for half a dozen strikers, it adds to the frustration if we are then outbid.
Any signings we make will probably all happen in a short flurry of activity - something we should all be well used to, and in my own uneducated opinion, it makes much better business sense to quietly watch, and not make a song and dance about who we have our eye on, or who we are in negotiations with.

This makes a lot of sense, and I do not welcome sensible posts on here.

I would agree with this. I also think there is concern that the squad is incredibly thin to the point of anorexia and this is no surprise to anyone, so I would hope there's been extensive planning to bring in players to replace them. Getting players in as early as possible is vital to team cohesion. I also have reservations about Aldo. He wasn't great when he did the job before here and he was terrible at Stoke.

I would agree with this. I also think there is concern that the squad is incredibly thin to the point of anorexia and this is no surprise to anyone, so I would hope there's been extensive planning to bring in players to replace them. Getting players in as early as possible is vital to team cohesion. I also have reservations about Aldo. He wasn't great when he did the job before here and he was terrible at Stoke.
Makes you wonder why he was brought back

Stop it. Your scaring me. No one has ever insinuated that anything I ever say, or do, is sensible.
Yes, you're right that we're down to the bare bones at the minute, but we've still 5 weeks to go. Ideally, it would be more beneficial to the squad if they had more time to train with any new lads, but I suppose it's just our way.
I know that JB and the board want the club to progress, so I'm quite confident that we'll start the season ready to do battle, and hopefully finish in a stronger position than the past one.

I also have reservations about Aldo. He wasn't great when he did the job before here and he was terrible at Stoke.
Indeed. Decent budget and went backwards with what they recruited. I'm told that Aldo is JB's blue eyed boy and well respected by him. It's a strange one him returning when he's hardly enhanced his stock with the failure at Stoke the only thing added to his CV.

I'm hearing from my man in the carpark that we may have a striker signing shortly, from Holland. Lets see!

Away with this common sense and logic malarky, mate.

Indeed. Decent budget and went backwards with what they recruited. I'm told that Aldo is JB's blue eyed boy and well respected by him. It's a strange one him returning when he's hardly enhanced his stock with the failure at Stoke the only thing added to his CV.

I'm hearing from my man in the carpark that we may have a striker signing shortly, from Holland. Lets see!

Holland & Barrett.

That will be ole dutchy