Why aint we signed anyone yet

I remember being at Ayresome Park many years ago for the first game of the season and no cunt out of the few hundred of us there had a clue who Chris Armstrong was or where the fuck he had come from.
I remember that day well, fucking long coach trip from Catford despite the beers and 'arty' videos we had playing. Then the usual warm welcome outside and inside the ground. Good old days and as you say, no idea who the new boys were or where they came from

I remember being at Ayresome Park 1988 when just before the game they announced that they had signed Peter Davenport from Manchester United, the crowd went wild you would had thought they had just won the lottery.

Ah so you’ve had the misfortune to see it too Peckham. I’m not joking one of the cunts actually had a earpiece on and broke in mid conversation holding his ear saying “My sources are telling me RIGHT NOW that Arsenal have put a bid in for ***** ***** and that bid has been……….rejected!”. It then came on as ‘BREAKING NEWS’ across the screen! I can’t believe people take the shit seriously.
I wonder if it was Carlos Wankbucket that knocked them back

I can’t believe how some fans are whinging on social media about signings and a poxy new kit, the same fans that take the piss out of Charlton but in reality are no different, probably worse. It’s all so generic as well, have a look at nearly every other clubs Twitter and Facebook feeds and you’ll see the same old bollocks moaning about lack of signings and ambition.

I suppose it’s another symptom of modern media driven football. I had the misfortune of seeing five minutes of sky sports transfer show the other day, three or four absolute cunts sat round a table pretending to be some kind of in the know super agents dressed in turtle neck jumpers with blazers talking utter shite about multi million European wonder kids I’ve never heard of all with dramatic phrases thrown in like ‘I’m now hearing that Carlos Wankbucket is getting interest from Man Utd….AND….CHELSEA!!’. Fucking grim stuff.

I remember being at Ayresome Park many years ago for the first game of the season and no cunt out of the few hundred of us there had a clue who Chris Armstrong was or where the fuck he had come from. Even though we were mostly shit I genuinely miss those times when I compare it to nowadays.
Carlos Wankbucket!.. 😂
Great name and can only imagine the comical headlines when he snuffs it.

So glad we brought Aldo back. We're back in training soon and we've signed fuck all and two thirds of last year's squad have left.

we score fuck all goals and 2 of our main scorers/assists are gone.

fair bit of pressure on the club at the moment to make signings that will replace these goals and assists or we are a bit fkd - i dont see any of the current squad replacing the 18 goals afobe and jed got plus assists

Last season goal tally was on the light side, good job we defended well.
This season players already gone we have lost nearly half the goals in the team.
Proven championship goal scorers not likely to come in? So what is Aldo
conjuring up I wonder.

Your informer got it 100% wrong. Afobe to Club Brugge and Jed to WBA.
I was waiting for nibbles, none came and then it turns out this happens. I hadn't a clue what we are doing transfer wise. Hahahaha

Last edited:
The way i see it, GR will have seen all that we see, for that reason i very much doubt he has been caught with his pants down. I would expect him to have a plan A B and C for all positions

It is now just a waiting game.

I was joking about only having about 8 players at the moment, but having looked at the official club site, we have 14 first team players and 2 of those are keepers. Add in Alex Mitchell and Olaofe and that's still only 16.

I thought our squad last season was a bit thin on the ground. Now it's positively anorexic.

Anyone getting a little bit concerned yet?

Burke is almost certainly signing. Apparently we have bids in for Ballard and the jock lad and Honeyman of Hull. If we sign all four then our squad improves massively overnight. Trouble is that Watford and Sheff Utd both want Ballard and the Scottish boy is a target for lots of clubs who will pay more than us.

So in a word, yes.

Burke is almost certainly signing. Apparently we have bids in for Ballard and the jock lad and Honeyman of Hull. If we sign all four then our squad improves massively overnight.

No way can we afford all those transfer fees plus wages? is this just a case of seeing who bites first to get a name in through the door?

No way can we afford all those transfer fees plus wages? is this just a case of seeing who bites first to get a name in through the door?

Burke will be a free but on decent wages, Honeyman probably anything up to £1m plus wages, Ballard £2m plus wages and the Scottish lad £2.5m plus wages.

Can't see us signing all of those. Burke is virtually nailed-on. The other three nowhere near.

If you consider we have saved well over £6m a year in wages alone, plus the budget Rowett's been allocated, I would reckon we could afford them all, plus the Wimbledon lad. Actually signing them is a different matter.

Reactions: SEL