Why aint we signed anyone yet

Not worth stressing out about signings just yet. I think it's better business to sit back and see how the market is doing, before splurging out silly money on a player who doesn't fit, or who's reputation is greater than his ability.
Frustrating as it can be at times, the club is rightly financially astute on spending, but that's why we are well run and doing well as a championship team.
We have a lot to thank JB for, and he didn't become, or remain a millionaire, by throwing money around just to keep up with the proverbial Jones's.

Maybe, but how has the sit back, assess, let other clubs strengthen then bring in an overpaid cunt like Ojo/Freeman appraoch served us thus far?

we signed ojo ballard, afobe and saville within a few days from the 30th june 12 months ago...given the season starts a week earlier this week is the equivalent.

we dont make panic signings very often and normally get most players in about the midpoint between seasons end/first game of the season

Maybe, but how has the sit back, assess, let other clubs strengthen then bring in an overpaid cunt like Ojo/Freeman appraoch served us thus far?
We have the same bollox every close season, last year was the same yet we had a healthy season and weren't far off a play off spot. People just want a reason to slag the manager and club off whilst at the same time they have not a fucking clue as to what's going on behind the scenes.

As Ulster rightly points out, the market will get moving once clubs start trading. Should we just buy a load of shit now to keeps bods on the internet happy? As for the two players you mention, Ojo wasn't bad just don't think he suited us. I may as well blame you for Freeman getting injured than Rowett cause it's that bloody stupid.

No mention of the successful loans of Afobe Ballard and Bourke :hmmm:? How many players has each championship club signed to date? How about having a rant about the messiah Wallace instead? He's held the club to ransom for a year, behaved like a bitch in his press interviews whilst we're none the wiser as to whether we have to find a replacement or not. How do you build a squad when our supposed most integral player is actng like a cunt?

Last edited:
Put Jed on the naughty step until he makes up his mind?
I'm not even sure he's still under contract, not that a few days here or there makes a difference. He's a messer with form for fucking us about, he wanted away with Saville to Middlesboro a few year back. I'd be very wary of trusting and employing someone that doesn't want to be here. I don't go with the consensus that we'd be fucked without him, if he was as good as he thinks he is then he wouldn't be here, simple. If we're relying on one average championship player with a bit of pace and some occasional fancy footwork then we may as well turn it in. I hope he fucks off and sharpish.

Last edited:
I can’t believe how some fans are whinging on social media about signings and a poxy new kit, the same fans that take the piss out of Charlton but in reality are no different, probably worse. It’s all so generic as well, have a look at nearly every other clubs Twitter and Facebook feeds and you’ll see the same old bollocks moaning about lack of signings and ambition.

I suppose it’s another symptom of modern media driven football. I had the misfortune of seeing five minutes of sky sports transfer show the other day, three or four absolute cunts sat round a table pretending to be some kind of in the know super agents dressed in turtle neck jumpers with blazers talking utter shite about multi million European wonder kids I’ve never heard of all with dramatic phrases thrown in like ‘I’m now hearing that Carlos Wankbucket is getting interest from Man Utd….AND….CHELSEA!!’. Fucking grim stuff.

I remember being at Ayresome Park many years ago for the first game of the season and no cunt out of the few hundred of us there had a clue who Chris Armstrong was or where the fuck he had come from. Even though we were mostly shit I genuinely miss those times when I compare it to nowadays.

I had the misfortune of seeing five minutes of sky sports transfer show the other day, three or four absolute cunts sat round a table pretending to be some kind of in the know super agents dressed in turtle neck jumpers with blazers talking utter shite about multi million European wonder kids I’ve never heard of all with dramatic phrases thrown in like ‘I’m now hearing that Carlos Wankbucket is getting interest from Man Utd….AND….CHELSEA!!’. Fucking grim stuff.
Fucking superb mate :grinning:

Yeah skysports news needs nuking off the planet. It's like a meeting of top table mafia and assorted villains all dressed like the fucking milk tray man.

I can’t believe how some fans are whinging on social media about signings and a poxy new kit, the same fans that take the piss out of Charlton but in reality are no different, probably worse. It’s all so generic as well, have a look at nearly every other clubs Twitter and Facebook feeds and you’ll see the same old bollocks moaning about lack of signings and ambition.

I suppose it’s another symptom of modern media driven football. I had the misfortune of seeing five minutes of sky sports transfer show the other day, three or four absolute cunts sat round a table pretending to be some kind of in the know super agents dressed in turtle neck jumpers with blazers talking utter shite about multi million European wonder kids I’ve never heard of all with dramatic phrases thrown in like ‘I’m now hearing that Carlos Wankbucket is getting interest from Man Utd….AND….CHELSEA!!’. Fucking grim stuff.

I remember being at Ayresome Park many years ago for the first game of the season and no cunt out of the few hundred of us there had a clue who Chris Armstrong was or where the fuck he had come from. Even though we were mostly shit I genuinely miss those times when I compare it to nowadays.
This Carlos geezer, is he any good. 🤔

I’m in my late forties, and I’m quite sure some of my elders on her will back me up here. We will be ok but those outstanding signings aren’t materialising. We’ll get some business done but frankly I couldn’t give a fuck about individual players, especially these days where most are just after the pound note. I’m looking forward to our young blood kicking on and hope none are hindered by some journeymen.

Agree with most of that bar the charlton bit. We are no where near as bad as those gullible bi-polar drips.
Have a nose on No Life. They was all in melt down yesterday because they hadn’t signed anyone. Now they’ve signed a couple of average players from L2 and they think they’re back on track for the PL in three years, like Danish Dave promised 😆😂

Fucking superb mate :grinning:

Yeah skysports news needs nuking off the planet. It's like a meeting of top table mafia and assorted villains all dressed like the fucking milk tray man.

Ah so you’ve had the misfortune to see it too Peckham. I’m not joking one of the cunts actually had a earpiece on and broke in mid conversation holding his ear saying “My sources are telling me RIGHT NOW that Arsenal have put a bid in for ***** ***** and that bid has been……….rejected!”. It then came on as ‘BREAKING NEWS’ across the screen! I can’t believe people take the shit seriously.

Agree with most of that bar the charlton bit. We are no where near as bad as those gullible bi-polar drips.
Have a nose on No Life. They was all in melt down yesterday because they hadn’t signed anyone. Now they’ve signed a couple of average players from L2 and they think they’re back on track for the PL in three years, like Danish Dave promised 😆😂

That’s a fair point actually Wippa. I haven’t had a look over there recently but I can imagine in between making up songs for the new manager and discussing their favourite cheese they are getting ready to conquer league one (again).

Ah so you’ve had the misfortune to see it too Peckham.
I do catch the odd glimpse of it at mates, i binned my tv off many tears ago and don't miss it one bit.
My sources are telling me RIGHT NOW that Arsenal have put a bid in for ***** ***** and that bid has been……….rejected!”.
Straight from the contrived script on a laptop in front of him. It's fucking scary that bods believe it all and quote that shit as gospel. It's 24 hour rolling news with lots of time to fill hence all the lies. Their sources if they actually exist are probably some drip that washes the kits who they've bunged a bullseye to.

😂😂 Cracking left back Wankbucket. Great going forward but very messy in the tackle