Who's next then?

Peckham Lion

Staff member
The honeymoon peroid is well and truly over, he was greeted as the messiah by some on here when he turned up and did what every manager does and said the right things. Going by recent comments/ posts certain bods ain't happy and are sharpening the knives ( surprise surprise). Personally i don't think Rowett will get the elbow and It's all well and good wanting him gone but who do you replace him with and do you expect there tenure to be any different than the last 4 managers we've had? Do you honestly think that he'll be bunged a load of wedge by JB and we'll be better off a than our current position a year from now? Where is all the money coming from to keep throwing the dice hoping for a double six?

I just cannot see Berylson will getting rid of Rowett all the time we are a solid mid table side so all those shouting for him to go are surely pissing in the wind.

It is ironic though that Harris was endlessly criticised for playing 4-4-2 and barracked for ‘dinosaur tactics’ and ‘caveman football’ yet here we are a couple of years later and the same people have changed their minds and now want the old way back.

It is ironic though that Harris was endlessly criticised for playing 4-4-2 and barracked for ‘dinosaur tactics’ and ‘caveman football’ yet here we are a couple of years later and the same people have changed their minds and now want the old way back.
Hence this thread, to an extent. It's easy to sit at home and cunt the management off, call for a replacement, but there never seems to be a solution or reasonable suggestion as to who is going to come in and change the whole ethos of the club and get us to the dreaded premier league by playing a certain brand of football.

A brand of football that we have no idea what it is or who these players are to be able to play said brand, nor where the money to fund it is coming from. I mean who's up next? Morrison cause he wins a few games with Cardiff, a player hated by many but would be welcomed if he was winning games, until he stops winning games. Reading this forum sometimes would make you think we're Charlton or the Nigels, fucking laughable at times.

Last edited:
I say he stays. As mentioned by many he could just let the shackles off a bit and provide us with a bit more excitement...but we could end up losing and then he'd be getting it in the neck for us sliding down the table! Yeah, it's not the most edifying spectacle at times but we're in a health position at the moment, a position, I daresay, many would have settled for at this point in the season. Current form isn't too bad, I'd certainly be happy with if we kept up 6pts from 9 every 3 games! Foundations are there for a better than average we just need a few more goals (preferably down the opposition net) to liven things up!

COYL

I just cannot see Berylson will getting rid of Rowett all the time we are a solid mid table side so all those shouting for him to go are surely pissing in the wind.

I could see what Harris was trying to build, he was just inexperienced and was keen to stick to his tactics and subs.

As someone said up thread I don't so much want GR out, but for him to take more of a chance and change up his subs and formation. We just don't have the players to play 5 at the back. he if does continue and not change I will want him gone

We all know that JB wont get rid as we are doing ok points wise.

Whatever happens, the next Manager for us will be Adam Barrett, seems to be getting groomed for it.

Ilderton, you’re right: JB won’t get rid of Drawett, and because of that, Wall supporters are going to see his brand of dull, defensive football for a long time to come! I‘ve been a supporter for 47 years and yes, Hollowhead’s era was fucking awful, but I would also say Drawett’s era isn’t that far behind it!

In those 47 years, I would say we’ve mostly had teams that have a) played together as a unit and b) have always tried to play attacking, sometimes exciting football. I don’t see either of those two things in Drawett’s team. I think he has lost the dressing room, as those that went to the match yesterday commented that it looked like the fight had gone out of the players! There was only 1 shot on target! Just one shot! 1st and 2nd balls weren’t challenged for, players couldn’t string two passes together, there was no urgency when we were losing, etc. etc.

By all accounts, Huddersfield were poor, but we were poorer! That game yesterday showed us Drawett’s lack of ambition for this club! He could and should have gone for it, from the 1st minute of the game, yet we go 1 nil down in the 82nd minute, and what did the 800 travelling supporters get in the remaining 8 minutes of normal time? Nothing! Even in the 4 minutes of stoppage time, the players should have been bombarding the Huddersfield goal with quality crosses for Smith to get on the end of - but those supporters didn’t get that! What they got in that time was players defending, defending and defending! 4 minutes can be long enough to get a goal to draw or win a game, but not if the players don’t seem up for it!

I think many of us on here believe we have a good squad of players (I certainly do), and the players Drawett usually picks to play every week are, I think, on par, or better than many of the players in the Coventry, Huddersfield and Blackpool teams (two of which were promoted from league 1 last year), yet we haven’t played well against these 3 this season, but all of them sit in the play offs above us! As a supporter, if you think we have, for the most part, better players than those that play for those 3 clubs, it wouldn’t be wrong for you to start wondering why are we not doing better?

Yes, 2 defeats in the last 11 league matches means you can’t argue with the stats - but the standard of the Championship is poor this season, and with the squad of players we have, we should be at least in the play offs by now, trying to consolidate our position and remain there!

Drawett has to change the formation and play players in their right positions - Jed is better on the right, Malone is better playing further up the wing (he can’t defend properly as a wing back), Danny Mac and only Danny Mac should be playing in the right back position (unless he’s suspended or injured), and I think the players get confused, when playing out of their natural positions, as they’re not really sure what their job should actually be! With that confusion comes doubt that they are playing as well as they should be, as well as doubt in the manager for playing them in the wrong positions in the first place!

And for those that say ‘who are we going to get in to replace Drawett,’ well, we don’t have to pick somebody from the football managers unemployed list, as there are decent managers in the lower leagues who‘s clubs don’t have a pot to piss in (as we don’t), yet they have managers who can somehow get the best out of their players, week in, week out!

A few weeks ago, Forest were in the same situation as we find ourselves now - players devoid of confidence and who weren’t playing for the shirt. Forwards weren’t scoring, defenders weren’t defending and a midfield that was so non existent, you could drive a bus through the gaping holes between players! They finally sack their manager, and bring in someone who can motivate and get the best out of the players, and since then, they haven’t looked back!

Until JB makes that difficult decision to sack Drawett, we are never going to improve on a regular basis under him. More dull, defensive losses will follow, and the fans will start voting with their feet!

The rot has to be stopped now, before it is too late!

Last edited:
If being a comfortable championship side means having to watch what we have had to put up with for the last 18 months, then I’d rather not bother.

I’m fast running out of love for football but always thought at least I had Millwall. Not any more under rowett.

I’ve got far more important things to with my time than having to spend nigh on 80 notes to be throughly bored. I wouldn’t even be bothered to watch them on the TV.

I expect the board are happy with Rowett so I can’t see him leaving anytime soon and even if they did, we’ll end up with the same shit on from the manager merry go round.

Ilderton, you’re right: JB won’t get rid of Drawett, and because of that, Wall supporters are going to see his brand of dull, defensive football for a long time to come! I‘ve been a supporter for 47 years and yes, Hollowhead’s era was fucking awful, but I would also say Drawett’s era isn’t that far behind it!

In those 47 years, I would say we’ve mostly had teams that have a) played together as a unit and b) have always tried to play attacking, sometimes exciting football. I don’t see either of those two things in Drawett’s team. I think he has lost the dressing room, as those that went to the match yesterday commented that it looked like the fight had gone out of the players! There was only 1 shot on target! Just one shot! 1st and 2nd balls weren’t challenged for, players couldn’t string two passes together, there was no urgency when we were losing, etc. etc.

By all accounts, Huddersfield were poor, but we were poorer! That game yesterday showed us Drawett’s lack of ambition for this club! He could and should have gone for it, from the 1st minute of the game, yet we go 1 nil down in the 82nd minute, and what did the 800 travelling supporters get in the remaining 8 minutes of normal time? Nothing! Even in the 4 minutes of stoppage time, the players should have been bombarding the Huddersfield goal with quality crosses for Smith to get on the end of - but those supporters didn’t get that! What they got in that time was players defending, defending and defending! 4 minutes can be long enough to get a goal to draw or win a game, but not if the players don’t seem up for it!

I think many of us on here believe we have a good squad of players (I certainly do), and the players Drawett usually picks to play every week are, I think, on par, or better than many of the players in the Coventry, Huddersfield and Blackpool teams (two of which were promoted from league 1 last year), yet we haven’t played well against these 3 this season, but all of them sit in the play offs above us! As a supporter, if you think we have, for the most part, better players than those that play for those 3 clubs, it wouldn’t be wrong for you to start wondering why are we not doing better?

Yes, 2 defeats in the last 11 league matches means you can’t argue with the stats - but the standard of the Championship is poor this season, and with the squad of players we have, we should be at least in the play offs by now, trying to consolidate our position and remain there!

Drawett has to change the formation and play players in their right positions - Jed is better on the right, Malone is better playing further up the wing (he can’t defend properly as a wing back), Danny Mac and only Danny Mac should be playing in the right back position (unless he’s suspended or injured), and I think the players get confused, when playing out of their natural positions, as they’re not really sure what their job should actually be! With that confusion comes doubt that they are playing as well as they should be, as well as doubt in the manager for playing them in the wrong positions in the first place!

And for those that say ‘who are we going to get in to replace Drawett,’ well, we don’t have to pick somebody from the football managers unemployed list, as there are decent managers in the lower leagues who‘s clubs don’t have a pot to piss in (as we don’t), yet they have managers who can somehow get the best out of their players, week in, week out!

A few weeks ago, Forest were in the same situation as we find ourselves now - players devoid of confidence and who weren’t playing for the shirt. Forwards weren’t scoring, defenders weren’t defending and a midfield that was so non existent, you could drive a bus through the gaping holes between players! They finally sack their manager, and bring in someone who can motivate and get the best out of the players, and since then, they haven’t looked back!

Until JB makes that difficult decision to sack Drawett, we are never going to improve on a regular basis under him. More dull, defensive losses will follow, and the fans will start voting with their feet!

The rot has to be stopped now, before it is too late!
You make some good points there LWTL.
Though wasn't Forest in the bottom 3 when they sacked Hughton?

If being a comfortable championship side means having to watch what we have had to put up with for the last 18 months, then I’d rather not bother.

I’m fast running out of love for football but always thought at least I had Millwall. Not any more under rowett.

I’ve got far more important things to with my time than having to spend nigh on 80 notes to be throughly bored. I wouldn’t even be bothered to watch them on the TV.

I expect the board are happy with Rowett so I can’t see him leaving anytime soon and even if they did, we’ll end up with the same shit on from the manager merry go round.
I agree with all that you’re saying, Doc, except for that last bit!

There are more attack minded managers in the lower leagues, some of whom are starting to make a name for themselves! Personally, I would welcome a manager like that, who understands the Millwall ethos, will pick a settled side with players playing in their correct positions, and who will get the team playing with fire in their bellies again!

As you say, football is an expensive hobby, especially in the Championship, and it’s unfortunate that those in the club, from JB downwards, don’t understand what it costs for supporters to go to home games (and more if they also go to away games), to cheer on your team that gives you no excitement, no passion, and no attacking football!

The supporters won’t stand for more draws and losses at home. If that happens, the Den will become even more toxic than it already is! If JB wants to avoid this escalating, at some point he’s going to have to either tell Drawett to improve the team’s performance and results, or tell him he‘s going to sack him! Either way, things have got to improve!

The bloke needs to change & fast in my opinion.

Its amazing how thousands of others can see his direction is poor as are his decisions.
Mistakes happen granted, but when he makes them over & over, thats down to him, just like it would be if it was a player.

I got royaly fucked off yesterday after watching what I felt was one of the most dire performances Ive seen in a very long time, but is getting rid of him gonna change anything?
Only the players could tell/show us that.
Costly? Very. JB wont do it Im sure & youre right, mid table is most chairman's dream so he most probably looks at that as succesful.

Just frustrating watching his serve up shit after shit.
If he hasnt worked out ehat his best side/formation is yet then he never will.

Personally, I believe he needs a strong, wise & aggressive number 2 & not AB.
Players need to speak up & say their peice also if they feel they should play a certain way.

I back my club, but cant back this style of play. Its not going to end well for us a club & he can walk/be paid off anytime leaving us in a poor position.

Having said all of the above, would I deep down want us to be getting into the Prem next season? Nope because we arent good enough to compete & would get demolished weekly.
So a different take on it I suppose.

Just want to see us have a fucking go & stop playing this cautious bollox. Its not us. Never has been never will be. We're Millwall. Fight, go at the opps throats & die trying.

I would also add that JB appointed this manager along with his staff.
They should be held accountable if a manager doesnt deliver.

On paper in probably the poorest Championship weve seen, we arent doing bad.
However, if the league becomes stronger next season & we dont change & continue this defensive strategy, then we will be in L1 in no time.

In my eyes the problem is not the results, which to be fair are not too bad. The issue I have is the dullness of our football, it's like watching paint dry.

Not only that but home games are becoming devoid of atmosphere, big part of the day for me. Someone (GR) needs to remember that football is a form of entertainment.

I honestly don't want GR gone, but I just wish he'd chance his arm once in a while, especially at home. I want us to survive and compete. Is that too much to ask?

You make some good points there LWTL.
Though wasn't Forest in the bottom 3 when they sacked Hughton?
Might have been, Eamon, or at least one place above the relegation zone!

Either way, Cooper has taken those poor performing players under Hughton, and turned them around. Its they’re recent good performances, and our poor performance yesterday, that has put them now, only 3 points behind us!

Its such a shame that the stars didn’t align for us to sign Cooper before Forest contacted him. Of course, it would have meant JB coming to the realisation about Drawett‘s limitations, in order to sack him first, but I think someone like Cooper would have got us playing a much higher tempo, more attacking game!

Of course, the club would have to have taken quite a few seats away from behind the dugout, if Cooper had signed for us! The last thing JB needs is a lawsuit against the club, because a Millwall mother has complained that Gollum in the dugout has frightened and traumatised her little Johnny! 🤣