Whiskey

He thought he was King Canute but rightly or wrongly (depending on your opinion) you can’t hold back the tide

I read this in a David Gower interview a couple of weeks ago, I think it’s relevant for the last sentence. The trouble with Whiskey (rightly or wrongly) is that he isn’t the type to ever “go with the flow”

“For instance, in the last couple of years, we are expected to use the word batter as opposed to batsman. I've actually spent more of my time saying ‘the next man in is’. As opposed to ‘the next batsman’, to avoid those that would criticise one for the simple... finer point of whether you say batsman or batter. There are some trends worth fighting against and others you might as well just go with the flow.”

I read this in a David Gower interview a couple of weeks ago, I think it’s relevant for the last sentence. The trouble with Whiskey (rightly or wrongly) is that he isn’t the type to ever “go with the flow”
“For instance, in the last couple of years, we are expected to use the word batter as opposed to batsman. I've actually spent more of my time saying ‘the next man in is’. As opposed to ‘the next batsman’, to avoid those that would criticise one for the simple... finer point of whether you say batsman or batter. There are some trends worth fighting against and others you might as well just go with the flow.”
What about batty boy , from the blue oyster bar vs the Vauxhall tavern ??????