Where could Jed go to in January?

Remember this post Mark when you watch his replacement. We didn’t sign Jed as a goal scorer so his goals are a bonus (a big bonus) whoever replaces him won’t score as many goals and won’t be as good to watch. You can always remind me in a season or two if I’m wrong
Notice life with the lions is on my wavelength. Mahoney I think is technically better but for whatever reason not being picked. The amount of times jed loses the ball and the opponents score nullifies his open play goals. Someone else would score his free kicks and pens.Mahoney is the only player we have who can drop his shoulder, and feign.

Similar scenario to when Morro left to go Norwich.

Did we really think he was better than the championship? Baring in mind he only had one season in the Champ. Look how well he went onto do in his first season in the prem.

Think he should go and try his best to get to the top. Feel like the clubs/players/staff are just waiting for his imminent decision to leave. Can't be ideal when you're any of the above when your "star player"/"match winner" wants to leave or has speculation too, must cause a lot of uncertainty within the group.

Which is why perhaps we have been so inconsistent? Affecting morale within the team, knowing that certain mainstays will perhaps leave.

I'll be honest, sometimes I feel the team play much better without the weight of having Jed in the side at times... If that makes sense? He's almost used as a scape goat. If he plays shit, we play shit vice versa. Becomes a bit monotonous and I for one would like a change in the style/mindset.

Notice life with the lions is on my wavelength. Mahoney I think is technically better but for whatever reason not being picked. The amount of times jed loses the ball and the opponents score nullifies his open play goals. Someone else would score his free kicks and pens.Mahoney is the only player we have who can drop his shoulder, and feign.
Purley is in your camp as well, I will watch with anticipation but the only thing I’ve seen Mahoney feign so far is interest (that’s a joke of course) He’s scored a couple of decent goals but disappears for long periods whereas Jed is in the game for most of the 90 minutes even when, I accept, he often gives the ball away.
There are plenty of threads about how negative our football is and if Jed goes it’s only going to get worse

This next contract will be Jeds last time to sign for a few quid. If he signs the one on offer with us then great , but if he gets a good pay day elsewhere I wouldn’t begrudge him that , but would be disappointed to see him leave us. Been a really good player these last few years he has been with us.

Wherever he goes it won’t be to the Premiership!

Can’t see him going to a team like Fulham, Bournemouth or WBA nor can I see him going to QPR or Stoke.

The only Championship clubs that might be prepared to cough-up and want him are Bristol City and Notts Forest.

I don’t believe he’ll be in as big a demand as some think 🤔

Southampton, Brighton or a long shot Crystal Palace. Living in Biggin Hill he wouldn't need to move home if he went there.

Wherever he goes it won’t be to the Premiership!

Can’t see him going to a team like Fulham, Bournemouth or WBA nor can I see him going to QPR or Stoke.

The only Championship clubs that might be prepared to cough-up and want him are Bristol City and Notts Forest.

I don’t believe he’ll be in as big a demand as some think 🤔
The Championship has been so poor, quality wise, these last few seasons. Every team is capable of beating each other, and the form book has gone completely out the window! With that in mind, I‘m not sure Jed would take the chance of another season in this league, with no certainty that the club he signed for would guarantee him promotion, and certainly not if he signed for Bristol City and Forest - two clubs that have always flattered to deceive, whether that’s failing to win the play offs, or failing to get there at all!

With Fulham, Bournemouth and WBA yo-yoing between the Prem and the Championship every couple of seasons, their parachute payments can net them a better player than Jed, so it’s very doubtful they would want a player who’s consistency is so inconsistent! Those 3 teams wouldn’t be interested in signing a player who could become a passenger and a liability for them: they want players who are going to perform to a high standard in every game!

That leaves Jed hoping that teams in the lower half of the Premiership take an interest in him! It’s doubtful that Everton, Leicester, Villa, Leeds and Newcastle, all teams with money, would think he would improve them, so that leaves Southampton, Brentford, Watford, Burnley and Norwich. Of those, I still believe that Southampton, for the reasons I stated up thread, would be his best option, should both parties be interested in each other!

Similar scenario to when Morro left to go Norwich.

Did we really think he was better than the championship? Baring in mind he only had one season in the Champ. Look how well he went onto do in his first season in the prem.

Think he should go and try his best to get to the top. Feel like the clubs/players/staff are just waiting for his imminent decision to leave. Can't be ideal when you're any of the above when your "star player"/"match winner" wants to leave or has speculation too, must cause a lot of uncertainty within the group.

Which is why perhaps we have been so inconsistent? Affecting morale within the team, knowing that certain mainstays will perhaps leave.

I'll be honest, sometimes I feel the team play much better without the weight of having Jed in the side at times... If that makes sense? He's almost used as a scape goat. If he plays shit, we play shit vice versa. Becomes a bit monotonous and I for one would like a change in the style/mindset.
There could be some truth in your opinion. I like Jed, and he's been an excellent servant to Millwall. When he's playing well, he brings a much needed injection of excitement to the game, and creates a lot of good opportunities.
But I think you're implying that he hasn't always been consistent, and when he's not having a good game, he tries to almost overcompensate, by taking on the world and making silly mistakes.
If he did move on to pastures new, I think the squad would miss him, unless GR started playing a different game where we attack from the offset, and keep pressure on the opponents, rather than the mostly defensive tactics we've seen of late. The inclusion of Molomby as a first team regular, and possibly A N.Other quality striker would go a long way to helping reshape our squad.

Jed needs decent players around him! Im pretty sure he gets fucked off believing he has do everything himself at times & knocks his confidence.

Would he cut it in the prem? I believe he would at a team like Southampton, Burnley, Brighton somewhere like that.
But no higher than that.
Hopefully he stays & things improve playing wise with us so he improves.