Where could Jed go to in January?

BigPaul

Personally, I'm not sure it is as straightforward as some on here seem to think.
The big question is is he good enough for the Prem?
If you think he is, then it does become much simpler. There might be 6 or 7 Prem clubs who might be interested.
However, I am a long way from being convinced that he is good enough to take the step up.

If I am correct, then his options a much fewer in the Championship.
Who might want him AND have the finances to make it worth his while?
I can't see Fulham, Bornmuff or WBA being interested as they see themselves as Prem clubs in waiting.

Derby or Reading? Errrrr definitely NOT.

Sheffield United, Cardiff, Brum, Stoke or Notts Forest? Perhaps.
Barnsley, QPR, Blackburn, Coventry or Swansea? Would his career really be enhanced by going to one of those?

For a man like Jed with a family (including a wife with roots in the south of England) this is a far from easy decision.
Could he decide in the end that the upheaval required to switch clubs might just be too much with no guarantee of a worthwhile return.

Maybe, just maybe, he could decide to stay put as the least worst option.

I am with you on this one. I honestly think that when he is on form and at his very best then he could slot into a Premier league club like Southampton or Watford. However, he has too many games when he runs like a greyhound but has little end product. There are also games where he thinks he can win a game by himself and just gets crowded out and gets nowhere.
KJ used to say that you never sell your best player to a rival so maybe Championship clubs would not be in with a shout. You would like to think that he would want to play Premier league football so to go to a club with a great chance of promotion might be his preferred option. I am not sure that Fulham, Bournemouth or WBA would want him. All will become clear in the next six weeks.

Like Silver, I’ve always thought Southampton would be a good fit for Jed!

They‘re a lower half finish Prem team, with next to nothing star players, and always seem to somehow punch above their weight to keep them in the top flight! Someone like Jed would probably improve their midfield no end, and he could also supply balls in to Adam Armstrong who will always score goals!

Another plus point living on the south coast, would be living nearer to his future father-in-law (when he visits), Michael Eisner, former chairman and CEO of Disney, and now chairman of Portsmouth FC!

Like Silver, I’ve always thought Southampton would be a good fit for Jed!

They‘re a lower half finish Prem team, with next to nothing star players, and always seem to somehow punch above their weight to keep them in the top flight! Someone like Jed would probably improve their midfield no end, and he could also supply balls in to Adam Armstrong who will always score goals!

Another plus point living on the south coast, would be living nearer to his future father-in-law (when he visits), Michael Eisner, former chairman and CEO of Disney, and now chairman of Portsmouth FC!
Bloody hell, i bet he don't know the price of a pint of milk! :)

Not premier league quality. Makes bad decisions and bad passes. Yes scores a few but many are free kicks. At his level now
Remember this post Mark when you watch his replacement. We didn’t sign Jed as a goal scorer so his goals are a bonus (a big bonus) whoever replaces him won’t score as many goals and won’t be as good to watch. You can always remind me in a season or two if I’m wrong

He will probably end up at one of the Glasgow clubs. A premier club will take a chance with him as he is a free but he won’t have the freedom he has with us so won’t enjoy his football as much and will end up warming the bench.
If he goes we will need to replace him and that will cost a fee and wages. Just give Jed the fee and wages to stay.

He will probably end up at one of the Glasgow clubs. A premier club will take a chance with him as he is a free but he won’t have the freedom he has with us so won’t enjoy his football as much and will end up warming the bench.
If he goes we will need to replace him and that will cost a fee and wages. Just give Jed the fee and wages to stay.
Think we have a ready made replacement for Jed in Mahoney, but the poor bloke isn’t getting a look in with Rowett, but he’s just the sort of player who could unlock a defence and make something happen!

Think we have a ready made replacement for Jed in Mahoney, but the poor bloke isn’t getting a look in with Rowett, but he’s just the sort of player who could unlock a defence and make something happen!
Agree with this,but Rowett doesn't like his work rate so he's out of favour, then paradoxically plays Saville and Evans too out and out lazy bastards with half the skill (yes I know they play in a different position)

Southampton would be a good call, if he’s good enough. I’m not convinced he is.
I have a sneaky feeling he will remain with us, till the end of the season at least.