When Football Changed Forever

There might have been one if I hadn't helped her.
I had already ducked under 1 crash barrier having to push against it with my arms to push the crowd behind me back to enable me to do so.
I then came to the next barrier and did the same, the only difference was there was a young girl stuck on the barrier and she couldn't move. I grabbed her and pushed her under the barrier.
I always wonder what if I hadn't. Thank God I did.
Fair play to you, mate! 👏👏👏

It's been said many times that, that evening could have been our Hillsborough. And, you are correct, bods climbed the fences cause the dog OB wouldn't open the gates to help alleviate the crush.
This was most definitely what happened.
A couple of mates of mine who I was at the game with did an interview with bbc news the next day and with the best intentions and our best interests at heart.
They were scouting round the boozers in new cross looking for fans and their story , so they said. They walked in the duke of Albany and asked for any takers and the two of them obliged, obviously intent of telling the story as it was. Overcrowding and crushing , ignorant police tactics and the greedy bastard Luton chairman who refused to make it all ticket.
When the interview was aired at 6 o clock, surprise surprise it was cut to ribbons and barely mentioned what they had said.

I spent the whole game at Luton looking at the far left hand corner flag, that's all i could see, being vertically challenged and surrounded by 6 footers who were so close my feet were off the ground.

I spent the whole game at Luton looking at the far left hand corner flag, that's all i could see, being vertically challenged and surrounded by 6 footers who were so close my feet were off the ground.

What sort of game did the flag have?

:thumbup:

Funnily enough we were actually in the far left corner as you looked from the away terrace. Probably 100 or so of us in the seats (which we’d paid for by the way :grinning:)
Three things I remember, one was going for a piss when I got there and listening to GG over the tannoy before I even knew there was trouble, secondly some of the Luton fans trying to get to us so we passed the kids up behind us & thirdly going for a walk at half time and walking freely about virtually all the way to the away end and back. There a few ‘wall fans in the stand at the side that must have climbed the fence but things had calmed down by then (obviously before it all kicked off again) It just seemed a bit surreal